Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment  (Read 29765 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2017, 06:44:23 PM »
Oh guys. I'm so frustrated. I sent an e-mail just asking if there has been any activity regarding my application that they are aware of, and said I'm wondering because I see applications being processed very quickly currently. Also asked about the survey being sent out.

The response was them asking twice where I'm getting my information, and that they've been quoted 4-6 weeks for gold processing and that normal processing is time is 4-6 months. And also that they don't know anything about the survey.

Help.  ???

Just forget you called, they clearly don't have a clue. I can't imagine yours will take much longer now, at the very least we can expect it to be treated like a normal priority application.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:45:49 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 95
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2017, 06:54:33 PM »
Right?!  ::)

In fairness, I realized that the survey was sent from UKVI not VFS so I guess they wouldn't know. My fault on that one, but it was confusing because they are asking about VFS.

Ah well, now it just has to come through quickly so I can be like "I TOLD YOU" haha.
FLR (M) Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 14/10/20
Biometrics Appointment/Document Scanned: 13/11/20
Received Decision: 8/3/21 - APPROVED

ILR Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 30/08/23
Biometrics Appointment/Documents Scanned: 29/09/23
Received Decision: 24/11/23 APPROVED

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2017, 06:57:22 PM »
Right?!  ::)

In fairness, I realized that the survey was sent from UKVI not VFS so I guess they wouldn't know. My fault on that one, but it was confusing because they are asking about VFS.

Ah well, now it just has to come through quickly so I can be like "I TOLD YOU" haha.

It will!!!

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2017, 07:08:27 PM »
How on earth can they offer this service, charge $1600 for it and do absolutely NO research on the actual process? WHY would they do this? Would it be so hard to actually like make it worth the money?

FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2017, 07:14:46 PM »
How on earth can they offer this service, charge $1600 for it and do absolutely NO research on the actual process? WHY would they do this? Would it be so hard to actually like make it worth the money?

It's a racket.

• Liked: 98
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2017, 08:04:25 PM »
Well. I just woke up to an e-mail regarding my UK visa (all caps and everything, as they do) from a gov.uk address, asking me to do a SURVEY on the VFS service I recently used.

SERIOUSLY?!  >:(

I'm not going to say what I'm thinking about that service at this particular moment but I bet you guys can guess!

Now I suppose I won't actually hear again today. Anyone know the latest decision emails go out?

LOL I had exactly the same reaction - so excited to see that official looking email with the "Your UK Visa," subject line. I will definitely be giving them some honest feedback... AFTER we get a decision  ;D
FLR(M) Visa #1
Applied from: Washington D.C.
Priority: Yes (VFS Gold Premuim)
Online App: 17 Nov 17
Appt at PAC: 29 Nov 17
Decision Made Email: 5 Jan 18
Passport sent to PAC:  8 Jan 18
Passport rcv'd: 13 Jan 18
Moved to UK: 1 Feb 18
±25 WD for a decision
———————————————————
FLR(M) Visa #2
Online App: 25 Jul 20
IDV App: 9 Sep 20
Priority: No (not avail)
Approval email: 9 Dec 20
BRP rcv’d: 18 Feb 20
±97 BD for a decision
———————————————————
ILR
Online App: 11 Jan 23
Priority: Super
Bio Appt: 7 Feb 23
Approval: 7 Feb 23
BRP rcv’d: 10 Feb 23

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2017, 08:05:26 PM »
FLR(M) Visa #1
±25 WD for a decision
———————————————————
FLR(M) Visa #2
±97 BD for a decision
———————————————————
ILR

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2017, 08:27:10 PM »

I really think this needs to go to the media after you get your decision.  $1600 is a lot of money, on top of the already-pricey fees, for "premium" service that is no such thing.  They could at least pretend to make it look posh.  A plush office, a glass of champagne, some truffles, viable service, information.  Something so you see where your money went.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2017, 09:07:26 PM »
I really think this needs to go to the media after you get your decision.  $1600 is a lot of money, on top of the already-pricey fees, for "premium" service that is no such thing.  They could at least pretend to make it look posh.  A plush office, a glass of champagne, some truffles, viable service, information.  Something so you see where your money went.

They did sort of try to make it appear fancy. The office I went to was nice. It was very small though, had a room for biometrics and a tiny waiting room with a couch. Union Jack flags on everything. There was a woman who just stood in the tiny room behind the door to open it and offer us stuff. It was bizarre for the space. The office is walk-in but they close it for the settlement hours. Still there was another applicant at the desk in the tiny room for some time during our appt. They also did validate our parking though so...lol.

To be able to go in and have biometrics taken, and have all documents scanned instantly is nice and for a more reasonable fee I would do it that way again (assuming they were sent correctly) but the deceitful way this is marketed and total lack of ability to provide almost all of what they claim is appalling.

I was so hopeful and excited this time last week, which is exactly when I was stepping into that tiny office. Now I'm stuck here watching the flight costs rise out of our reach for the rest of the month, while paying rent and utilities for an empty house in Scotland (that of course we had to have to even apply for the visa!).  [smiley=shifty.gif]
FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

• Liked: 8
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2017, 10:53:44 AM »
Thanks so much Dani1983 and FLgator86 for your information, it is extremely useful to me!

I really do hope you both get an answer soon!!

Is it possible to send the passport back to VFS from the UK and have it sent back or to an address in USA and they could send it back?

• Liked: 35
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2017, 12:02:05 PM »
I also have my professional review interview in London during this trip to become a chartered engineer, which was really why I had to hold onto the passport.

As a CEng myself I wish you all the best for your interview! My experience is that it is more like an informal discussion of your work history and responsibilities rather than some high-stress interrogation.  ;D

« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2017, 12:16:53 PM »
Thanks so much Dani1983 and FLgator86 for your information, it is extremely useful to me!

Is it possible to send the passport back to VFS from the UK and have it sent back or to an address in USA and they could send it back?

Jacob, I'm glad you've found this useful. Kudos to Dani for starting up this thread!

Since they've gone out of their way to prevent people from calling, I asked VFS by email whether I could travel and how long I had to send in my passport. They sort of half replied and in doing so, answered your question. I've copied their response below:

Dear applicant,

We mentioned before that that Settlement decision is done by the UK in Sheffield. They are the only ones that will be able to let you know the status of your application; also let you know what your final decision will be. We also mentioned that when your decision is made you will be contacted via the email address used on your application, once we receive your visa we will let you know to please send us your passport at your earliest convenience. It is understood that you will like to travel for the holidays, please remember we can only hold your visa and wait for your passport to be sent to us for your vignette to be placed in your passport. The time line also varies on an applicant case; your application is put on top of the queue and will be processed in an expedited manner. Also please note we can only send your passport to a residential address here in the U.S, we do not ship packages international.

As you'll note, they very specifically said they wouldn't mail it internationally. They didn't actually answer my question and specify how long they could hold my visa. I've  asked again with more detail, if upon getting a decision, I could send in my passport a week or two later.

I'll post their reply, considering some folks might be interested in the gold service because they can hold onto their passport while the visa application is being processed abroad. It was certainly a motivating factor for us! I'm still hoping that this'll be a moot point and we'll both hear back very soon!
FLR(M) Visa #1
±25 WD for a decision
———————————————————
FLR(M) Visa #2
±97 BD for a decision
———————————————————
ILR

« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2017, 12:25:35 PM »
As a CEng myself I wish you all the best for your interview! My experience is that it is more like an informal discussion of your work history and responsibilities rather than some high-stress interrogation.  ;D

Groover - I'm so glad to hear that! Which institute did you register with? I'm going through IHE because they agreed to recognize my PE/IntPE and skip straight to the interview. I don't personally know anyone that's gone through CEng registration and 99% here have never even heard the term... I've been working on my presentation and materials, worrying about being grilled on UK specific terms and issues. I'll start a thread on the Jobs forum and hope to hear more about your experience!
FLR(M) Visa #1
±25 WD for a decision
———————————————————
FLR(M) Visa #2
±97 BD for a decision
———————————————————
ILR

• Liked: 35
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2017, 03:35:07 PM »
Groover - I'm so glad to hear that! Which institute did you register with? I'm going through IHE because they agreed to recognize my PE/IntPE and skip straight to the interview. I don't personally know anyone that's gone through CEng registration and 99% here have never even heard the term... I've been working on my presentation and materials, worrying about being grilled on UK specific terms and issues. I'll start a thread on the Jobs forum and hope to hear more about your experience!

Originally IET, but I switched to BCS because they were cheaper and a slightly better fit for me. You can PM me if you have any questions.

« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2017, 07:31:06 PM »

You are allowed to designate someone else to pick up your passport and documents for you in person at the premium center. There is a form to fill out, and they would need to have that, the receipt they gave you at the appointment (signed by you), and their photo ID. You could potentially do that and have that person ship it to you wherever you are.  [smiley=smug2.gif]

http://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/pdf/Pickup-Authorisation-Form.pdf

ETA: You'd still need to figure out leaving and re-entering on the visa though.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 07:45:56 PM by Dani1983 »
FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab