Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Final FLR-M checklist & a few app questions  (Read 483 times)

• Liked: 87
Final FLR-M checklist & a few app questions
« on: December 04, 2017, 04:35:33 PM »
Hey everyone,
Getting ready to post our application off next week so I'm just finishing it up. Some background: I came on a fiance visa on 17th July and we got married beginning of October. With that, I'm looking for a few clarifications on a few questions and then any feedback on my documentation...

App Questions--most of these I'm just wanting to make sure I answered correctly:
2.3 (pg 12)--it asks about which extension of leave you're applying for. I have checked off and I'm 99.9999% sure it's the first option: First period of leave to remain(following an initial period of entry clearance, etc...) but I just wanted to make absolutely sure.

5.3 (pg 18)--In what category were you granted permission to enter the Uk? I put fiance visa/marriage. It says marriage on my actual visa so I didn't want to just put fiance.

6.5 (pg 20)--How do you keep in touch with you sponsor? I put that we live together. Do I need to expand on that and say how we communicate when he's at work?

6.8 (21)--The wording on this one confused me. Add all addresses you and your sponsor have lived at in the 2 years preceding this application if you have lived at your current address with your sponsor for less than two years. I put my address back in the US. Is that what it's asking for? He's been at this address for almost 5 years.

6.33 (pg 25)---Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?
I checked yes because my name is on the bills, but I wasn't really sure what to say in the explanation since I'm not working because I'm on a fiance visa.

7.3 (pg 29)---There is a question in the financial info that doesn't really have a number. It's at the bottom of the page. You or your sponsor must have been employed by the same employer for 6 months prior to the application and your combined total earnings must meet the specified amount at 7.4A (xiv) for this 6 month period. If not, does your and your sponsors income from salaried employment received in the 12 months prior to application meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet? Do I just leave this blank? If I answer no it says to go to 7.3c which is a different income requirement. He has had the same job since 2010 and makes over the amount.

9.15 (pg 48)---It's asking for details of the British diplomatic post involved if the applications were made abroad (regarding biometrics). I had my biometrics done in Phoenix and I put that address for 9.14. Currently I have the address for Sheffield in this spot. Should I keep it or leave it blank?

Evidence checklist:

Applicant:
FLR-M Application
Passport  (do I need to send my old one?)
2 passport pics with full name on the back
IHS surcharge receipt (haven't done this yet)

Sponsor:
Passport
1 passport picture with full name on back
Letter of support for applicant

Financial:
6 months payslips
6 months bank statements (stamped and signed by bank on each page)
2017 P60
Original job contract
Letter from employer (states salary, type of employment, length of time employed)

Accomodation:
Land registry document
Latest mortgage statement (he only gets one per year in January so it's dated January 2017)

Relationship evidence:
Marriage certificate
1 photo
Joint mail (I've only been here 5 months but we have a good amount of mail) so per the advice on my previous post about it I'm going to send what we have, but still write a little blurb about the length of time that I've been here and that what we've got is what we've been able to get so far.

Sorry about the length of this post!
Thanks all!

Kaitlyn

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 04:40:05 PM by kateaz04 »

• Liked: 3595
Final FLR-M checklist & a few app questions
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 04:41:09 PM »
In answer to your questions:

2.3 - yes, it’s your first period of leave to remain

5.3 - it’s a Marriage Visa (there’s technically no such thing as a ‘fiancé visa’ - we call it that but the official name is Marriage visa)

6.5 - you put that you live together and see each other every day

6.8 - it’s asking for addresses you have lived at TOGETHER. So, if you have only lived with him at your current address, then you don’t need to answer this question... it doesn’t apply to you

6.33 - technically I think this is asking about legal responsibilities like joint loans, mortgages, maintenance payments etc., but you can use bills and rent. However if you don’t currently pay anything towards them, then tick NO

7.3 - you leave it blank as it doesn’t apply to you

9.15 (diplomatic post)- yes, you need to put the Sheffield address here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Final FLR-M checklist & a few app questions
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 04:51:27 PM »
Hi Ksand,
Thanks for the quick response.
Regarding this--I'm concerned about putting no since the water is in my name exclusively and the electric is in our joint names which they'll be able to see on the bill as a part of the evidence.
I'm not sure how it works in the UK, but in the US (I believe) money is a joint marital asset. I assumed it was the same for the UK?

6.33 - technically I think this is asking about legal responsibilities like joint loans, mortgages, maintenance payments etc., but you can use bills and rent. However if you don’t currently pay anything towards them, then tick NO

[/quot
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 04:58:53 PM by kateaz04 »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 04:57:34 PM »
Hi Ksand,
Thanks for the quick response.
Regarding this--I'm concerned about putting no since the water is in my name exclusively and the electric is in our joint names which they'll be able to see on the bill as a part of the evidence.
I'm not sure how it works in the UK, but in the US (I believe) money is a joint marital asset. I assumed it was the same for the UK.

[/quot

How you answer that question will have zero bearing on the application.  If you want to tick yes, go for it.   :)

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 05:00:56 PM »
Haha alright then,
I won't worry about it!
Many thanks to you both. If you see anything missing/not needed in my final checklist please let me know :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab