Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Frequent short visits as visitor  (Read 339 times)

• Liked: 9
Frequent short visits as visitor
« on: December 05, 2017, 08:42:20 AM »
Hi, I hope this is the right forum for this question.

I'm currently here on a Tier 2 visa and have been offered a job that's a bit too good to refuse in Germany. Unfortunately that would not be a good move for my wife (EU citizen) career-wise due to the language barrier. I intend to take the job, give up my Tier 2 visa, and come to visit frequently (1-2 weekends per month). Assuming I come armed with evidence of a return flight, employment in Germany, and a German visa, would there be a high likelihood that a border force agent would not let me in?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:43:54 AM by omglolmax »

• Liked: 4988
Re: Frequent short visits as visitor
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 08:52:14 AM »
What is your long term plan?  How long will you be at this job for?  Is your wife able to sponsor a UK visa?  If not, you may want to get on the spouse path before you leave.

• Liked: 9
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 09:08:31 AM »
Is your wife able to sponsor a UK visa?  If not, you may want to get on the spouse path before you leave.

What is the spouse path? My wife is an Italian citizen, not british, so I don't think she can/needs to sponsor a UK visa as things stand today? If it were at all possible, I would like to retain some sort of right to live in the UK, but if I reside somewhere else I don't see how I could do that?

What is your long term plan?  How long will you be at this job for?

The long term plan is to transfer back here or to a third country within 2 years after I gain this experience.

I would either go down the EEA family permit route if this long-distance arrangement doesn't work out and I want to come back quickly (assuming EEA family permits still exist) or as an EU national (I qualify for Italian citizenship in around 8 months).

This is going to be super hard, but it's the best way to make leaps in my career without her sacrificing her career.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:10:00 AM by omglolmax »

• Liked: 4988
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 09:19:40 AM »
Ah, i see.  You won't have any issues as the spouse of an EU national (at least in the present climate).  I'd look into getting a Family Prrmit for ease though.

• Liked: 344
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 10:58:13 AM »
Ah, i see.  You won't have any issues as the spouse of an EU national (at least in the present climate).  I'd look into getting a Family Prrmit for ease though.

Yes, it would be hard to work in the UK without a FP and the EU RC would take months to get (due to the rush on these because of Brexit).

Even if you can't come back under EU rules, you could use UK immigration rules. Either on another Tier 2 visa, or if your wife has British citizenship by then, on a spouse visa. Tier 2 General visas are fairly quick once the 28 day RLMT has been carried out.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:25:14 AM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab