Topic: Feeling Low  (Read 3371 times)

• Liked: 223
Re: Feeling Low
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 11:53:01 AM »
Sleep deprivation sucks.

Job hunting sucks.

Holidays can be stressful.

Family can be stressful.

Remember you've got a lot going on at once, eventually you'll see the end of the tunnel and you're pretty strong for getting through it without pulling your hair out!

Sending lots of kitty cuddles and human hugs your way. [smiley=hug.gif]

Fingers crossed you get good news soon!
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 116
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 10:27:08 PM »
Send me the baby, I'll hold him a minute.

But in all seriousness, that's a lot on your plate!  I'm sorry it has you feeling down.  But you'll get something amazing really soon, and once you get over the sleep training hump it'll be smooth sailing sleepwise.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 73
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 11:14:19 AM »
I forget to check this section of the forum! Sorry to hear you are feeling down, KFdancer but, as others have said, you have a lot on your plate and I am sure you would love a whole night's sleep!

You are so helpful to all of us and we really appreciate your encouragement and assistance in   'getting it right'.   

Hope you feel better soon and can enjoy Christmas with your family. Sending love and hugs!
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

• Liked: 676
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 12:51:05 AM »
You're doing all you can do. There are a lot of things that are out of our control, sadly, so all you can do is decide how to respond to the situation. My grandmother would have said "one step at a time," and it looks like that's all you can do now. Keep doing what you are doing and wait for the universe to move the next chess piece. 

Definitely be sure you are eating well, and sleep whenever you can. Sleep is very healing.

Fingers are crossed for ya that things smooth out soon!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 03:57:32 PM »
At the weekend my mom told me that I'm really negative about things lately.  I get that.  It was a fair comment.  But no sleep and no job prospects (I'm very career driven) is really getting me down. 

I need a pick me up!

It's okay, sometimes I think you're allowed to be a bit negative! You're more than welcome to be as negative as you want/need to be on here :) In honesty, I think it's just a difficult time of year for hiring because so many people use up all their leave that the decision-makers don't even bother with hiring during this time. That and some companies don't have their budgets for new employees yet.

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 49
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 08:47:23 AM »
I just need a vent.

Job hunting sucks.  I've had some momentum in recent weeks but everything seems to have ground to a halt.  Supposed to have another round of interviews for Company B this week but still no date/time.  Told today that it'll be next week sometime but that recruiting will go into the new year (at least they are setting realistic expectations).  Company A still hasn't let me know if I'm onto the next round or not.  I'm far enough in that I expect to hear even if it's a no.

The baby does NOT sleep.  We started sleep training last night in the hopes that this will improve things.  Last night was tough - but at least he didn't wake the three year old.

At the weekend my mom told me that I'm really negative about things lately.  I get that.  It was a fair comment.  But no sleep and no job prospects (I'm very career driven) is really getting me down. 

I need a pick me up!
I can only imagine the anxiety of both young ones and job hunting! You are not being negative! Sending positive wishes.x

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Good Luck to All where your Journey takes you !!!!
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2018, 11:03:49 PM »
Hello Kfdancer, Season greeting s ... and yes i am reborn, back in Toronto but will be making my way back to the UK Jan 18 or the 25... i straightened some stuff and also realized after i left things can only get better with communication and less stress.  so we both have decided it will work just need to refine our selves ..i missed the UK missed the out doors and walks  but most of all i aim to get a job ..that was my stress  over there, being over qualified getting interviews.. i am have been back in Toronto and each time i found a job with a week back here. go figure so i know am not over qualified.. for anything.
 Cheer up  be safe and will pay for you... be strong.

Eddy
single and traveller
working on myself

Sponsored Links