Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hey there  (Read 747 times)

• Liked: 1
Hey there
« on: December 08, 2017, 11:23:14 AM »
Hi everyone!

I’m Kate—a longtime lurker and first time poster. I’m originally from northeast Ohio, went to Boston University where I met my now-husband, and I’ve been living here in the UK for the past couple years on two different Tier 4 visas (one for 2015-2016 to complete the Graduate Diploma in Law and the one I’m currently on for the joint LLM Legal Practice Course).

We just got married last month (wooo!) and we live in Notts.

I’m in the midst of compiling all of the paperwork for and filling out my FLR(M) application. Aim to have it posted by the end of the month. Fingers crossed things go smoothly.

Anyway, hey hi hello. Hope you’re all having a good day!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Hey there
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 11:28:51 AM »
Hey Kate, welcome and congratulations on your marriage!  ;D

If you have any questions about your application, don't hesitate to ask over in the visa forum. One word of advice right now though, is to use the paper form, not the online application!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 11:49:28 AM »
Thanks for the advice! That's definitely something I haven't come across until right now. What makes the paper application the better choice?

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 12:09:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum :).

Thanks for the advice! That's definitely something I haven't come across until right now. What makes the paper application the better choice?

The paper form is the 'normal' way to apply... there was no other option except the paper form until about a year ago.

Meanwhile, the online form is new and it has a few issues:
- it's glitchy/buggy
- it has different questions to the paper form
- we can't see the online form, so we can't help you answer the questions
If you will attend an in-person premium service appointment:
- you apply online, you have to submit the application first before you can book the appointment and pay for the visa
- if you apply using the paper form, you can book the appointment first and then fill out the application later
If you will be applying by post:
- if you apply online you have to send your documents to Sheffield within 15 days of submitting the application online (and someone a few months ago had problems with them not matching her documents to the application)
- if you apply using the paper form, you just send everything together (the paper form and the documents), to DURHAM (not Sheffield), whenever you are ready. As long as you mail it before your current visa expires, you will be fine.

• Liked: 20
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 01:30:36 PM »
Hello there, welcome to the forums! I've just come back from visiting Boston for the first time, it was a very cultured town.  Must go back again.

I hope your application goes well!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 04:06:24 PM »
Welcome (officially) to the forum and best of luck on your FLR(M) :)

Hello there, welcome to the forums! I've just come back from visiting Boston for the first time, it was a very cultured town.  Must go back again.

I mayyyy be slightly biased, but I personally think Boston is the best hahah  ::)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

Sponsored Links