Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visa refused for odd reasons..advice please:(  (Read 1606 times)

• Liked: 18
Visa refused for odd reasons..advice please:(
« on: December 08, 2017, 01:51:26 PM »
Dear All,

We were shattered today with the email from HO that our application has not been granted. The reason is absurd in a way but they are still right anyway: the payslips are sent to them state that salaries are paid "bycheque" but actually my salaries are paid autamtically into my account every month. They , then come to conclusion that the payslips are not genuine and raise suspiciion. I am now thinking of re-apply rather than appeal against the decision as there is no option to ask for a "review" Please advise:( thank you

• Liked: 4985
Re: Visa refused for odd reasons..advice please:(
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 01:53:18 PM »
What category did you apply under?  Did you send the employment letter?  Were your payslips original or verified by payroll?

Big hugs, we'll get you through this!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 01:54:08 PM »
Very sorry to hear that. Would you like to let us know what the letter said in full as there may very well be more to it than that?

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 02:04:03 PM »
Really sorry to hear that :(.

As larrabee said, if you can post whole refusal letter (omitting personal information), we can try to work out exactly why the visa was refused and advise on how you can fix the issue when you reapply. Sometimes you have to read between the lines to figure out exactly what was wrong with it.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 02:21:33 PM »
Heartfelt thanks to you all for offering your sympathy:( we are devestated indeed and regret terribly for using a lawyer service. wish I had found this forum way before I paid them. I asked constantly the lawyer about employment letter and he said accountants conformation letter of my employment is enough. He said a lot of his clients got their visas with this letter. I always sensed this was gonna cause troubles and it did:(

attached are the screenshots of the refusal letter...

thank you all again.

zak

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 02:26:50 PM »
sorry i couldnt attach, can you please help how to do it?

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 02:33:48 PM »
REASONS FOR REFUSAL ROA
On 30th November 2017 you made an application for entry clearance to the UK under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules on the basis of your family life with your partner ZO.

Your application has been considered under those Rules, and with reference to Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR). The relevant Immigration Rules can be viewed on gov.uk here: www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules.

This decision takes into account as a primary consideration the best interests of any relevant child in line with section 55 of the Borders, Citizenship and Immigration Act 2009.

We have considered your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1. of Appendix FM.
However, you do not qualify for entry clearance under the 5-year partner route for the following reasons:
Suitability
Your application does not fall for refusal on grounds of suitability under Section S-EC of Appendix FM.
Eligibility
Under paragraph EC-P.1.1.(d) you do not meet all of the eligibility requirements of Section E-ECP of Appendix FM for the following reasons:
Eligibility Relationship Requirement
You meet the eligibility relationship requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.2.1. to 2.10.
Eligibility Financial Requirement
You do not meet the eligibility financial requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.3.1. to 3.4. Your sponsor is not exempt from the financial requirements as defined paragraph E- ECP.3.3.
Appendix FM states:
1. (i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary; Appendix FM Partner Refusal Version 01 17

2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies), all of the following evidence must be provided:

1. (b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
V:\Documents\2017-Dec\741726_Family EC partner refusal letter_20171206022654.doc
2. 3.
(ii) the length of their employment;
(iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
(iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

You have not provided an official employment letter as evidence of your sponsor’s gross income from their employment. I note that you have provided a letter from VC Accountancy Services stating that they are the accountants and pay roll for XXX Ltd. As XXX Accountancy Services are not your sponsor’s employer, I am unable to consider this as evidence of your sponsor’s stated employment with XXX Ltd You have failed to provide the specified documents of your sponsor’s employment. These documents are specified in Immigration Rules in Appendix FM-SE and must be provided. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of

Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.1)

Furthermore, I am not satisfied that the payslips provided in support of your application evidence your sponsor’s stated employment and income as they do not correlate with the bank statements provided. You are required to evidence six months of your sponsor’s income and employment, therefore I have considered the most recent six months of payslips from 31st May 2017 – 31st October 2017:

All payslips submitted for this specified six month period state that your sponsor is paid by cheque. However, the bank statements provided show all salary deposits as ‘faster payments’. According to the Santander website (https://www.santandercb.co.uk/contact-support/connect-helpcentre/making- payments/standard-domestic-payments-faster-payments) faster payments can only be made online or on the phone. I am not satisfied that your sponsor is paid by cheque as stated on his payslips. 

Payslip dated 31st May 2017: Your sponsor’s bank statement shows a faster payment on 30th May 2017. 

Payslip dated 30th June 2017: Your sponsor’s bank statement shows a faster payment on 03rd July 2017. 

Payslip dated 31st July 2017: Your sponsor’s bank statement shows a faster payment on 27th July 2017. 

Payslip dated 31st August 2017: Your sponsor’s bank statement shows a faster payment on 26th August 2017 

Payslip dated 30th September 2017: Your sponsor’s bank statement shows a faster payment on 29th September 2017. 
Given the above, I am not satisfied that the payslips provided are genuine and that you and your sponsor have provided genuine information relating to your sponsor’s stated employment. As a result I am unable to rely on these documents as evidence of you and 
Appendix FM Partner Refusal Version 01 17 

V:\Documents\2017-Dec\741726_Family EC partner refusal letter_20171206022654.doc
your sponsor’s ability to meet the financial requirements of the Immigration Rules. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.1)

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 02:44:20 PM »
Okay, so it sounds like you were refused for the following reasons:

1) you did not supply a suitable letter from your employer confirming your employment, because the letter came from an Accountancy firm and not your actual employer

2) you did not supply a full 6 months' worth of payslips and bank statements. You only covered May 31st to October 31st, which is 5 months, not 6 months... and if you are even 1 day short of a full 6 months, the visa will be refused.

Then it sounds like, as a back up 'reason', they are stating that the employer letter states you are paid by cheque, but in fact you are paid by 'faster payments' which are done on the phone or online, not by cheque... which looks suspicious. This is NOT the main reason for refusal, it's just an 'extra' reason to back up their main reasons.

In order for the visa to have been approved, you needed to supply payslips and bank statements covering either:
-  the entire period from April 30th to October 31st
or
- the entire period from May 31st to November 30th (i.e. you applied too soon)

And you also needed to provide the proper official letter from your employer - either your direct manager or your company's HR.

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 02:51:31 PM »
hi Ksand,

I actually provided them with my payslips from FEB 2017 to NOV 2017. I have no idea why they state those payslips only. Soon I ll receive my original documents and hopefully they didnt lose them or something.

As for epmloyment letter it was a huge no-no and was solely my lawyer's wrongdoing, I accept that.

I spoke to my employer and they will give me a letter about my employment. Their accountant will provide me with a letter of correction with regard to payslip payment method section confusion/mistake

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 02:56:33 PM »
I actually provided them with my payslips from FEB 2017 to NOV 2017. I have no idea why they state those payslips only. Soon I ll receive my original documents and hopefully they didnt lose them or something.

Hmm... did you provide all your bank statements from February right through to October as well? They can only consider the months for which you have provided both the payslips and the bank statements.

As for epmloyment letter it was a huge no-no and was solely my lawyer's wrongdoing, I accept that.

I spoke to my employer and they will give me a letter about my employment. Their accountant will provide me with a letter of correction with regard to payslip payment method section confusion/mistake

Unfortunately, even if they did consider all the payslips, the incorrect employer letter means the application was going to be refused anyway.

It has to meet the requirements EXACTLY, and it has to be from the employer themselves, stating everything they listed in the refusal letter.

Also, this is another reason why we don't recommend using a lawyer... the fact that your lawyer thought that letter would acceptable is a big red flag!

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 03:01:11 PM »
I absolutely agree with you... Oh how I wish I had found this website before!
Do you advise me to re-apply? or appeal? or isn't there any option of review request?

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 03:09:14 PM »
I absolutely agree with you... Oh how I wish I had found this website before!
Do you advise me to re-apply? or appeal? or isn't there any option of review request?

I would gather updated documents and re-apply, making sure you fix the reasons for refusal.

An appeal will generally take about a year and will usually only be successful if you supplied all the correct documents, in the correct format, but UKVI made a mistake in refusing the visa by overlooking something, ... but with your incorrect employer letter, you don't really have grounds to appeal, since that wasn't their mistake, it was 'yours'.

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 03:13:34 PM »
Thats why I dont want to appeal as they are not wrong in refusing at all. How sad we have to go thru the same waiting/hefty fees etc.. so disheartening indeed:(

Sponsored Links