Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Taco Bell Open in Glasgow  (Read 684 times)

• Liked: 672
Taco Bell Open in Glasgow
« on: December 08, 2017, 11:32:56 PM »
Very busy at lunchtime!  Unfortunately, they've regionalized the food. It's not bad, but it doesn't taste like Taco Bell. Even the hot sauce isn't right - too vinegary. But, again, not bad. Just nothing to run to for a blast-o-home experience.   :-\\\\

• Liked: 584
Re: Taco Bell Open in Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 10:23:29 AM »

I have no idea whether it tastes the same or not... I don't think I've been to a US Taco Bell in probably 25+ years... in Southern California, we had much better fast-food options, didn't we?  Like Naugles!  [smiley=heart.gif]

But once the crowds die down a wee bit, I'm definitely going for a chow-down, and I'm going to thoroughly enjoy it!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 11:22:08 AM »
Very busy at lunchtime!  Unfortunately, they've regionalized the food. It's not bad, but it doesn't taste like Taco Bell. Even the hot sauce isn't right - too vinegary. But, again, not bad. Just nothing to run to for a blast-o-home experience.   :-\\\\

Really? I just ate at Taco Bell back in the US (twice in a week) and what I eat tastes the same. Slightly different texture, but the hot sauce and beef tasted the same to me. I usually get crunchy tacos and the chips and cheese. Sadly the nacho cheese isn't quite right, but I'm betting it's because of ingredients not allowed to be in food in the EU... The beef over here is 100% beef instead of 88% (it was huge on the internet about 5 years back about whether or not it could be called beef since 12% isn't...)
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 672
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 01:48:33 PM »
Yeah, we each had a chicken and cheese quesadilla, one with each of their two sauces. Odd flavors to them both. The Southwestern was kind of sweet, and the Mexican was... vaguely Mexican. Not bad, either of them, but not what we are used to. The crispy tacos were good - probably better, in fact, because they appear to be all beef - a little greasy because of that, but really tasty.

Not a bad meal, not terribly priced, but not "home" Taco Bell.  It appeared to be very popular with younger people, and the music was kind of painful, but worth a trip if you want a good beef taco.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 11:22:53 PM »
I believe one may be opening in Liverpool also.  We've driven 40 miles to Manchester a few times in the last year just to get our Taco Bell fix.  The things you do.  Hahaha

Sponsored Links