Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Another question about last names  (Read 135 times)

• Liked: 7
Another question about last names
« on: December 11, 2017, 02:38:01 AM »
Hi all,

I have a question about last names. Being from Colombia, my wife has two last names (one from her mother and one from her father), both of which are included in her official documents (passport, visas, marriage certificate etc). However, on many other documents only one of these names is included. For example, her degree certificate from LSE (to prove her English proficiency) and a lease from an apartment we rented previously, only have one of her last names. We are currently getting our docs together for a spouse visa application, and I was hoping if anyone can provide some advice as to whether this might be an issue (i.e. whether the ECO might think that it is not the same person?).

Many thanks as always.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Another question about last names
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 04:54:03 AM »
Hi all,

I have a question about last names. Being from Colombia, my wife has two last names (one from her mother and one from her father), both of which are included in her official documents (passport, visas, marriage certificate etc). However, on many other documents only one of these names is included. For example, her degree certificate from LSE (to prove her English proficiency) and a lease from an apartment we rented previously, only have one of her last names. We are currently getting our docs together for a spouse visa application, and I was hoping if anyone can provide some advice as to whether this might be an issue (i.e. whether the ECO might think that it is not the same person?).

Many thanks as always.

That shouldn't be a problem, just explain the situation fully in her letter or the any other information section of the application.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab