Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR M, Final Questions + Document Check list.  (Read 572 times)

• Liked: 10
FLR M, Final Questions + Document Check list.
« on: December 11, 2017, 08:22:06 PM »
Hey guys,
So, we are just finishing up our FLR (M) application and had a few questions about the application + final document check list.
I am currently on a Tier 4 visa and now applying for my first FLR (M). we are doing the in-person appointment which is on the 15th of December.
Just to confirm, the questions that do not apply to us such as children and others we leave blank, but still include the whole application itself.

1.13 Home Office reference number for applicant, I am not sure if I have one? Is it supposed to be in my BRP or?

2.3 Confirming that we choose the second option (first application from within the UK but have not previously applied as partner)

3.9 How long has your sponsor lived in the UK? (How to write it? Born in UK / Lifetime / Entire Life/ etc)

6.8 Add all addresses you and your sponsor have lived at in the 2 years preceding this application if you have lived as your current address with your sponsor for less than 2 years. (We weren't sure if we were meant to add our individual addresses from the last two years to this (there's nothing to say who lived there), or whether it's just to add other addresses that we lived at together (so leave blank)?

6.23 What type of ceremony was your marriage or civil partnership? We got married at the registry office, so do we say a civil marriage?

6.33 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities? Does this mean our bills? We have joint bills and I work part time but we figured to not include my job as its only part time and I have been working there for less than six months (and my husband meets the financial requirement)

7.3A Income from salaried employment - Only complete this section if you and/or your sponsor are working (Just to double to check to only include his employment details as he meets the requirement, so I leave mine blank?)

7.13 Does anyone other than your sponsor live in the property? Y/N (We aren't sure whether this question includes me or? It is just me and my husband in a one bedroom apartment so do I say yes and specify myself?)

8.4 Have you passed an acceptable English language test provided by a test provider approved by the Home Office for this purpose (I am not sure about this, my CAS letter for my Tier 4 visa says I do not need to take an English test because I am from an English majority speaking country, so I just put no?

9.15 Give details of the British diplomatic post(s) involved if the application(s) was or were made abroad (does this mean my current application? I applied for the Tier 4 visa in Dubai and
Used the in-person appointment as well so I am not sure whether to leave it blank or not?)

Document check list.

Applicant

- FLR (M) Form
- Visa appointment/payment confirmation
- IHS Payment confirmation 
- US passport
- BRP
- 2 Passport sized photos (with my name on the back)

Sponsor
- UK Passport
- 1 Passport sized photo (with his name on the back)
-Birth certificate and DEED, he changed his name but never had a passport in that name.

Financial Requirement
- 6 Months Original Pay slips signed and stamped by by company followed with a letter confirming the authenticity of his Pay slips (May -November 21st)
- 6 Months Original Bank statements (May 5th – December 5)
- His Original Contract (2013)
- Employment Letter (Confirming his salary, length of employment, type of employment) dated 5th December
- P60 document (April 2017)

Proof of relationship
- Marriage certificate (18th November 2017)

Co-habitation documents correspondence
1. Joint Tenancy agreement (8th September he is a tenant and I am a permitted occupier /landlord letter confirming - 01/12/17
2. Joint: Council Tax Bill October - 04/10/17
3. Joint: Council Tax Bill November - 24/11/17
4. Joint: Gas Tariff Letter - 25/10/17
5. Joint: Electric Direct Debit confirmation - 25/10/17
6. Joint: Home Office Marriage letter - 10/10/17 (Separate, but two identical copies)
7. Separate: DBS Certificate (Applicant) - 26/09/17
7. Separate: NHS Letter (Sponsor) - 21/09/17

Extras/Back up
-Pay slips copy
-Bank statements copy
- Skype conversations/call logs from 2014-2017
-Wedding pictures (2)
- Copies of our passports/BRP/pictures
- Wedding cards/Valentine’s day cards
- Pictures of us from my visit and living her during studies (2)
-Flight details of us traveling together. (Portugal, Croatia)
-Everything else basically copied.

Sorry for such a long post, Thank you so much for helping us out with this process we are so grateful and happy to find this forum :)

• Liked: 3589
Re: FLR M, Final Questions + Document Check list.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 08:37:40 PM »
Okay, for your questions:

1.13 - you likely won't have a Home Office reference number... they are only assigned if you have applied for a visa from inside the UK before and they have sent you a letter with your HO reference number on it.

2.3 - yes, that's correct.

3.9 - if he has only ever lived in the UK, I'd put either: the number of years, or 'from birth', or 'since (his DOB)'... it's really up to you.

6.8 - only put addresses you have lived at TOGETHER in the last 2 years.

6.23 - No, a civil marriage is likely to be considered a same-sex marriage, so I'd put 'registry office ceremony'

6.33 - I think it really means legal joint responsibilities, like mortgages, joint loans etc., but some people put bills and things too. It's up to you how you answer.

7.3A - Yes, only include his income and leave all of your employment details blank

7.13 - It's an ambiguous question... I think it means other than you and your sponsor (i.e. roommates, children or other family members), but I'd just answer as you see fit (either Yes or No, depending on whether you want to put yourself down).

8.4 - what nationality are you?  If you are a US citizen, you tick the United States of America for 8.2, then you move straight to section 9...and you don't need to answer 8.4.

9.15 You put the address of the UKVI consulate that issued your Tier 4 visa.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 12:27:37 PM »
 I did get a little confused about the English test question cause I took a UKVI IELTS test to get accepted into the MA program but for the Tier 4 visa, they did not ask for it.

Thank you so very much :) <3

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 12:37:53 PM »
I did get a little confused about the English test question cause I took a UKVI IELTS test to get accepted into the MA program but for the Tier 4 visa, they did not ask for it.

Thank you so very much :) <3

The test for the MA program will have had nothing to do with the visa -
 UKVI will have different requirements than the universities or employers themselves.

For example, in order to work as a nurse in the UK, you HAVE to take a UKVI IELTS English language test, regardless of your nationality (even if your first language is English), but if you are from a majority English speaking country, you don't need to take the test for the actual Tier 2 visa application (so you don't need to provide evidence of it for the visa).

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 06:32:51 PM »
The test for the MA program will have had nothing to do with the visa -
 UKVI will have different requirements than the universities or employers themselves.

For example, in order to work as a nurse in the UK, you HAVE to take a UKVI IELTS English language test, regardless of your nationality (even if your first language is English), but if you are from a majority English speaking country, you don't need to take the test for the actual Tier 2 visa application (so you don't need to provide evidence of it for the visa).

Ah ok makes so much sense now, thanks :)

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 06:34:14 PM »
Can anyone take a quick look at my checklist, is it all ok? :)

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 06:52:45 PM »
Yeah, your list looks good.

I don't know that you need your sponsor's birth certificate or name-change deed though... normally, birth certificates are not required at all and you only need to include his passport - but I'm not sure if there is any requirement to prove his name change.

It might be worth just taking them along as 'extra' documents, but not handing them over unless they query the name change.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab