Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance Visa- Question about papers from the Home Office  (Read 267 times)

• Liked: 8
Fiance Visa- Question about papers from the Home Office
« on: December 11, 2017, 10:28:32 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Although I received my Fiance visa a few weeks ago, I was just able to physically pick it up a few days ago. I was a bit surprised to open it up and find no letter or note from the Home Office in the package. The visa is in my passport, but other than that there are no directions. Is this normal? I should note that the packaging had obviously broken in the mail and was taped up so I'm a bit worried that a covering letter from the HO might have fallen out. Everything else seemed to be in order though, so I'm guessing this is unlikely?

Does anyone know if I'm missing a letter or is it normal to just get only the visa itself from the HO when applying for the Fiance visa?

Thank you for any information you have!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Fiance Visa- Question about papers from the Home Office
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 10:30:19 PM »
Hi Everyone,
Although I received my Fiance visa a few weeks ago, I was just able to physically pick it up a few days ago. I was a bit surprised to open it up and find no letter or note from the Home Office in the package. The visa is in my passport, but other than that there are no directions. Is this normal? I should note that the packaging had obviously broken in the mail and was taped up so I'm a bit worried that a covering letter from the HO might have fallen out. Everything else seemed to be in order though, so I'm guessing this is unlikely?

Does anyone know if I'm missing a letter or is it normal to just get only the visa itself from the HO when applying for the Fiance visa?

Thank you for any information you have!

There is no letter with the fiancé visa, the letter comes with the spouse visa.

• Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 01:22:39 AM »
There is no letter with the fiancé visa, the letter comes with the spouse visa.

Thanks larrabee! I thought that I had read that somewhere else but was a little unsure given the fact that the package had been slit open and taped up somewhere along its route back to Canada. Thank you for putting my mind at rest!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 05:54:52 AM »
As larrabee said, you don’t get a letter with an approved fiancé visa. The only time you will get a letter is if the visa has been refused... so not having a letter is a very good thing!

It used to be that you didn’t get a letter with an approved spousal visa either, but when they started issuing spousal visas as a 30-day vignette plus a BRP card in 2015, they started including letters with instructions for when and how to pick up the BRP once in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab