Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Please help me sort which application for my second visa I must choose  (Read 260 times)

• Liked: 49
Hi! I may have asked this but I am on overload so sorry if I have. I am on a 6 month fiancee visa. Preparing my next visa ( the 2.5 year one, correct?) is there a link and title for this visa? How does the form differ from the fiancee one and the one after the 2.5 years are up? 
While on the subject, it is my understanding that the main thing I must prove is that we got married ( wedding in Feb), photos, My husbands bank statements, employment status and a new landlord statement that it is still ok for me to be living here as well as some mail in my name to my UK address. If I am leaving out anything please let me know. Thanks as always for everyone's help!

• Liked: 3589
Re: Please help me sort which application for my second visa I must choose
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 12:04:36 PM »
Hi! I may have asked this but I am on overload so sorry if I have. I am on a 6 month fiancee visa. Preparing my next visa ( the 2.5 year one, correct?) is there a link and title for this visa? How does the form differ from the fiancee one and the one after the 2.5 years are up? 

The next visa is called FLR(M) - which stands for Further Leave to Remain based on Marriage to a UK citizen - and it's an extension visa.

It is completely different from your fiance visa, with a different form, different method of application, slightly different document requirements, and different price.

It currently costs £993 for the visa plus £500 for the IHS surcharge.

The form and guidance notes are here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-form-flrm

While there is an online version of the application form, we do not recommend using it (due to bugs and glitches, different questions on the form, different application and payment methods), and just recommend printing the paper form and mailing it off with your payment details and documents.

There are two ways to apply:

By post:
- print and complete the paper application form
- mail your application form, payment details and documents to UKVI Durham before your visa expires
- you will receive a letter inviting you to give biometrics at a Post Office a week or two after you have mailed the documents
- the visa should be processed within 8 weeks of mailing the application off

In person:
- book an in-person appointment at a Premium Service Centre for £590 (you pay the visa fee and IHS surcharge when you book the appointment)
- print and complete the paper application form
- attend the appointment with your spouse, taking the application form and your documents
- give biometrics at the appointment
- you will get a decision that day, then your BRP card (visa) will be mailed to you within 10 working days

Since the processing times by post are pretty quick at the moment (5-8 weeks), it's probably not worth paying for an in-person appointment unless you need your passport back urgently or need to start working urgently.

While on the subject, it is my understanding that the main thing I must prove is that we got married ( wedding in Feb), photos, My husbands bank statements, employment status and a new landlord statement that it is still ok for me to be living here as well as some mail in my name to my UK address. If I am leaving out anything please let me know. Thanks as always for everyone's help!

The main things you have to prove are the same things you had to prove for the fiance visa:
- financial requirement
- accommodation requirement
- relationship requirement

The only real difference is that you include your marriage certificate instead of your plans to marry, plus you provide different relationship documents.

So, you need to provide:

Finances:
- all the same documents as for the fiance visa, just updated

Accommodation
- all the same documents as for the fiance visa, just updated if necessary

Relationship
- marriage certificate
- photo of you together (if applying by post)
- 6 official documents addressed to both of you at the same UK address (either jointly addressed or separately), spread evenly over the time you have lived together in the UK... as you have only just arrived, you may not be able to gather 6 documents each, but just get your name on as many things as possible and collect everything you can
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:06:12 PM by ksand24 »

Sponsored Links