Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bed Bugs!  (Read 2081 times)

• Liked: 1892
Re: Bed Bugs!
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 03:49:39 PM »
Nope, that's not it:

What do pubic lice look like?

Adult pubic lice are very small (2mm long) and aren't easy to see. They're a yellow-grey or dusky red colour and have six legs.

These guys were big and easy to see.  Thank God.

• Liked: 149
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 04:41:07 PM »
Fred

• Liked: 957
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2017, 05:09:17 PM »

• Liked: 85
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2017, 07:45:32 PM »
This is going to look so dodgy, coming back from a night out in London and immediately putting all my clothes in the washing machine.  I'm not looking forward to this.

Take no chances. I got them once (from a hotel), and I still have actual panic attacks if I see a bit of black fuzz on the bed. The experience of their being in the flat was horrendous. I have to stop thinking about it, or else I'll be too paranoid to sleep tonight.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2017, 09:08:48 PM »
eew. remind me not to google bedbugs again.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if you google "adult bed bug" they show them kind of round pill shaped and they long and skinny after they've had a big meal (engorged).

http://www.bedbugsremovalguide.com/bed-bugs-pictures.html

Bed bugs aren't little either, at least not the adults. Are you thinking of head lice?
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 09:12:55 PM »
Bed bugs are apple seed shaped usually, but there are plenty of bugs that can end up in hotels. The shape you describe sounds possibly like a carpet beetle larvae? Ick I'd probably burn everything

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

They're only apple seed shaped if they haven't eaten...
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2017, 09:39:06 PM »
Just the thought of bed bugs is enough to drive you nuts. We had an issue with fleas right before we retired.....our cat loved to kill and eat rabbits.....I estimated about 70 that Spring. Fleas got around from that. They wouldn't touch me (my wife thinks it's all the Tabasco I consume) but ate her alive. Slow torture for her.....every time she felt anything she figured it was another flea bite.
Fred

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2017, 10:03:08 AM »
Has there been a verdict yet on whether you brought a horrible infestation home with you or not?
Fred

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2017, 01:08:16 PM »
Has there been a verdict yet on whether you brought a horrible infestation home with you or not?
Jimbo's clearly been relegated to sleeping in a tent in the garden. No wifi out in the wilds of Twickenham, just Fenton and the deer.

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2017, 01:14:40 PM »
Jimbo's clearly been relegated to sleeping in a tent in the garden. No wifi out in the wilds of Twickenham, just Fenton and the deer.
Oh well......I guess he could just go sit in the pub....if there is no serious hangover from the other night.
Fred

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2017, 01:28:53 PM »
Oh well......I guess he could just go sit in the pub....if there is no serious hangover from the other night.
I've heard good things about the service and selection at The Swan and Bed Bug.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2017, 04:28:28 PM »
All right, you guys laugh it up.  I'm glad you've found amusement in my hardship!

I decided to go whole hog and put EVERYTHING that was in the hotel room in the washing machine immediately upon entering the house.  Shoulder bag, toiletry bag, everything.  I put it on a four hour steam cooking cycle. Well, I left my underwear on for added credibility when explaining what happened to my wife.  So far, so good. 

Lyonaria, I think you got the identification correct with the "after a meal" picture. 

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2017, 05:27:57 PM »
All right, you guys laugh it up.  I'm glad you've found amusement in my hardship!

I decided to go whole hog and put EVERYTHING that was in the hotel room in the washing machine immediately upon entering the house.  Shoulder bag, toiletry bag, everything.  I put it on a four hour steam cooking cycle. Well, I left my underwear on for added credibility when explaining what happened to my wife.  So far, so good. 

I joke because I am in fear for you. Mate, I still have the scars on my legs from the three months I had bed bugs. It wasn't until I shelled out mayjah dosh for a company that used bed bug-sniffing dogs (the dog was SO GOOD and had SUCH NICE PAWS) that I got rid for good. The six months afterwards, my mental state was still so fragile around sleep, I thought I was going to need therapy to learn how to sleep again. It ruined my life and mind while I was trying to balance work, freelance, a second uni degree and a long-distance relationship. Would not wish it on you at all.

That said, I would wish a hangover on you. And my new contract means I'll be working between Barbican and St Paul's two-to-three days a week in the new year. So.

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2017, 05:32:10 PM »
I decided to go whole hog and put EVERYTHING that was in the hotel room in the washing machine immediately upon entering the house.  Shoulder bag, toiletry bag, everything.  I put it on a four hour steam cooking cycle.
I would have thought it strange if you HADEN'T put everything into the washing machine on super duper death cycle. I would have used drugs....heat......hot chilli peppers......voodoo...prayed to God(of your choice)....if that would have killed off the little bastards. Probably a stupidly hot bath as well.
Fred

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2017, 08:51:15 PM »

Lyonaria, I think you got the identification correct with the "after a meal" picture.

I so hope I was wrong, but I didn't want you to not see them just in case. Most photos of them are pre-meal. I researched bed bugs for some reason awhile ago. For no apparent reason really, other then it was on some tv show.

Sponsored Links