Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR  (Read 7974 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: ILR
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2018, 08:23:11 PM »
2:30.  Yes, we've gone private.  I'll have my husband and kiddos there.  I could have up to 20.  Not my thing though.

Afterwards we are going to do an early dinner at the restaurant where my husband and I met.   [smiley=smitten.gif]  Husband doesn't know where we are going.  :)

That sounds like an emotional day... in a good way, I mean!  I'm so excited for you!  (And for me when it's my turn!)

I like the idea of a private ceremony, even if I don't have many people to invite.  This way, I could include my husband's family, though, if they were interested in attending.  But, mostly, I like the idea of it being private.  My professional swearing in after completing my studies and licensing (back in the day) was a mass affair, with about 150 of us reciting the oath together.  It felt rather anticlimactic after all I'd gone through to get there.  I want something more solemn for naturalization (which is still at least 8 months away!).
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2018, 08:42:04 AM »
That sounds like an emotional day... in a good way, I mean!  I'm so excited for you!  (And for me when it's my turn!)

I like the idea of a private ceremony, even if I don't have many people to invite.  This way, I could include my husband's family, though, if they were interested in attending.  But, mostly, I like the idea of it being private.  My professional swearing in after completing my studies and licensing (back in the day) was a mass affair, with about 150 of us reciting the oath together.  It felt rather anticlimactic after all I'd gone through to get there.  I want something more solemn for naturalization (which is still at least 8 months away!).

Yeah, we tend to be quite private.  We eloped when we married.  Husband doesn't want a big thing for his 40th, just a family vacay.  That kind of thing. 

The private ceremony is the right move with kids, as it's just me so only about 20 minutes in length instead of at least an hour.  And if they get impatient, it's only us and not others who have been waiting years for this moment!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 09:24:30 AM »
You must be so exited!  Have a wonderful day KFd.  ;D

• US citizen & UK citizen partner of 12 yrs
    • Portable Weirdness
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2018, 02:34:05 PM »
Friday is my citizenship ceremony!  And I'll really be DONE!!!!

Coolbeads! With all the help and goodwill you contribute to other people just on here (much less what you might be doing in person), I hope in some way somebody official knows how lucky they are to add you to the ranks  ;0)
"Human" is a noun. "Black", "White", "Asian", "Latino", "Indigenous", "Male", "Female", "GLBT", "Straight", "Christian", "Jewish", "Muslim", "Buddhist", "Hindu", "Pagan", "Conservative", "Liberal", are all adjectives.

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2018, 10:05:24 PM »
I booked our appointment today, now I have butterflies!  ;D

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2018, 10:39:08 PM »
I booked our appointment today, now I have butterflies!  ;D

Oh, yay!  When is it?  Are you 6 weeks from today?  Or sooner?   So exciting!

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2018, 10:59:31 PM »
Oh, yay!  When is it?  Are you 6 weeks from today?  Or sooner?   So exciting!

It feels so back to front because I’m nowhere near being ready yet and there are things that I couldn’t do if I wanted to (bank statements) because it’s too early yet, but the appointment had to be booked!

At least it’s paid now, an early fee raise was a concern! And thankfully no restriction on using credit cards such as was announced by HMRC.  :)

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2018, 11:24:06 PM »
It feels so back to front because I’m nowhere near being ready yet and there are things that I couldn’t do if I wanted to (bank statements) because it’s too early yet, but the appointment had to be booked!

At least it’s paid now, an early fee raise was a concern! And thankfully no restriction on using credit cards such as was announced by HMRC.  :)

Yeah, I'm still worried about an early fee raise.  The earliest I can book is March 27th for an appointment date of May 8th (28 days before June 5), and that's cutting it really fine.  If the fee raise happens early again, we might have to carry a bit of debt for a month or two.

But you're all set!  Really exciting!

Is he going citizenship right away?  At all?  Later?

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2018, 06:50:06 AM »
Yes,  citizenship right away, or as sooon as I’ve figured it all out. :)

I'm finding it all a bit overwhelming at the moment, if I’m honest, with two applications to prepare for between everything else.   

And sorry, yes, 6 weeks.  :)

• Liked: 73
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2018, 07:56:16 AM »
Yes,  citizenship right away, or as sooon as I’ve figured it all out. :)

I'm finding it all a bit overwhelming at the moment, if I’m honest, with two applications to prepare for between everything else.   

And sorry, yes, 6 weeks.  :)

We are all rooting for you, larrabee! I can imagine it is all rather daunting but it will soon be over! No prospects of any more visas! What a wonderful thought! I am glad the booking process went OK. That in itself is stressful, especially when I read that several applicants are finding it hard to get an appointment.
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2018, 08:11:09 AM »
Exciting Larabee!!!!

« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2018, 09:49:24 AM »
We are all rooting for you, larrabee! I can imagine it is all rather daunting but it will soon be over! No prospects of any more visas! What a wonderful thought! I am glad the booking process went OK. That in itself is stressful, especially when I read that several applicants are finding it hard to get an appointment.

Thanks Michali! I almost feel that was half the battle... almost!  ;D

« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2018, 10:47:05 AM »
Exciting Larabee!!!!

It really is!  ;D

• Liked: 70
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2018, 11:47:03 AM »

Had that feeling myself with our second FLR(M) that's just gone - we booked the earliest we could at 40-odd days out!

I managed to get over that particular "worry hump" by organising everything else that I needed in chronological order of when the earliest dates I could do them would be (if that makes sense), so things that were up to 28 days out, I made an entry at the t-27 day mark to go sort that. For the child documents, 90 days, and so on.

As the days went by more things got crossed off the list until I was down to just rechecking documents :)

(Good job I did, too, as I made a typo on the FLR(M) form that I had to correct. Whoops!)

« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2018, 11:59:24 AM »
Had that feeling myself with our second FLR(M) that's just gone - we booked the earliest we could at 40-odd days out!

I managed to get over that particular "worry hump" by organising everything else that I needed in chronological order of when the earliest dates I could do them would be (if that makes sense), so things that were up to 28 days out, I made an entry at the t-27 day mark to go sort that. For the child documents, 90 days, and so on.

As the days went by more things got crossed off the list until I was down to just rechecking documents :)

(Good job I did, too, as I made a typo on the FLR(M) form that I had to correct. Whoops!)

I know exactly what you mean!  ;D

I was just contemplating right now, that things at this stage are kind of like a game of chess, you always have to be thinking several moves ahead!  ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab