Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pizza finally happened!  (Read 2977 times)

• Liked: 1327
Pizza finally happened!
« on: January 08, 2018, 03:46:20 PM »
Jimbo!  We finally used the pizza oven to make actual pizza!  It was amazing!

My pizza was cooked first, and the oven was at the ideal temperature.  But we don't have a table for the oven, so my husband was trying to slide the peel under the pizza from an awkward angle, and it took a while to get mine out, and the door was open the whole time.  Ideally, we would have left the oven more time to get back up to temperature before cooking my husband's pizza, but it was still good.  Just, mine was better.  :P

My husband and I both put way too much sauce on, and he also did too much cheese.  But they were tasty.  His toppings were jalapenos and cherry tomatoes, and he did a drizzle of Sriracha in his sauce.  My toppings were fresh pineapple and cherry tomatoes (no sriracha, but I think I will try it next time)... I meant to add some fresh basil at the end, but we forgot it.  It was fine.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: Pizza finally happened!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 03:48:40 PM »
Drool!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 05:03:36 PM »
YUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM

Have I mentioned that I haven't had cheese since May.  MAY PEOPLE.  Life sucks without cheese!!!!!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 05:13:33 PM »
YUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM

Have I mentioned that I haven't had cheese since May.  MAY PEOPLE.  Life sucks without cheese!!!!!

Condolences!

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 05:16:37 PM »
YUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMM

How are you still alive?  I really fear for your health and sanity, going without cheese like that.  Is it for your own sake, or for other members of your family?  I mean... is this a temporary condition?  (I know you've mentioned it before, but I wasn't clear on the details.)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 05:16:58 PM »
Jimbo!  We finally used the pizza oven to make actual pizza!  It was amazing!

My pizza was cooked first, and the oven was at the ideal temperature.  But we don't have a table for the oven, so my husband was trying to slide the peel under the pizza from an awkward angle, and it took a while to get mine out, and the door was open the whole time.  Ideally, we would have left the oven more time to get back up to temperature before cooking my husband's pizza, but it was still good.  Just, mine was better.  :P

My husband and I both put way too much sauce on, and he also did too much cheese.  But they were tasty.  His toppings were jalapenos and cherry tomatoes, and he did a drizzle of Sriracha in his sauce.  My toppings were fresh pineapple and cherry tomatoes (no sriracha, but I think I will try it next time)... I meant to add some fresh basil at the end, but we forgot it.  It was fine.

That definitely looks like it was worth the wait!

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 05:25:10 PM »
That definitely looks like it was worth the wait!

It was totally worth the wait!  We are now talking more seriously about our "outdoor kitchen" design, so we can have a more permanent setup going into the spring/summer months, with a closed roof and a solid foundation, and a worktop at a normal work height to put the oven on, so it's easier to slide the pizzas in and out.  (We currently work with it on the ground!)

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 05:56:07 PM »
How are you still alive?  I really fear for your health and sanity, going without cheese like that.  Is it for your own sake, or for other members of your family?  I mean... is this a temporary condition?  (I know you've mentioned it before, but I wasn't clear on the details.)

Yes, I'm dairy (and soya) free for my baby who is still nursing.  I'm praying I haven't developed an intolerance for being "free from" for so long!   ;D

As soon as he's on the bottle full time, cheese will be back in my life.

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 06:03:46 PM »
Yes, I'm dairy (and soya) free for my baby who is still nursing.  I'm praying I haven't developed an intolerance for being "free from" for so long!   ;D

As soon as he's on the bottle full time, cheese will be back in my life.

Is this an intolerance your baby is likely to carry into the future, or do you think he will grow out of it?  Poor baby!  (And poor you, of course, until you're no longer eating for two!  I'd be making the transition as soon as possible if I had this issue!)

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 07:34:49 PM »
Is this an intolerance your baby is likely to carry into the future, or do you think he will grow out of it?  Poor baby!  (And poor you, of course, until you're no longer eating for two!  I'd be making the transition as soon as possible if I had this issue!)

He should....  3 year old is allergic to dairy.  They suspect she's outgrown it (she's nearly 4).  She'll be admitted to the hospital for a milk challenge on January 30th...  I'm so nervous about it.  We (her dad and I) are not convinced the allergy is gone.  I don't want her to have a negative association with hospitals.  I just hope they make it fun and it doesn't make her very ill!  She never reacted to breastmilk which was good!

I've had a few friends who had the dairy/soya allergy through breastmilk and their babies were able to tolerate both around their first birthday.  I would LOVE that to be the case.

It's so hard.  I want to wean off of nursing, but we've really had to fight to get his milk.  It's prescription so can't just walk in off the street and buy it.  We finally have a prescription for a full month of milk.... now we are trying to get him to take it.  UGH.  It smells like cat food.  So nasty.  So until he's forced to have the catfood milk, he's all about mommy-milk.  We will be 100% ready to only give him formula at night... then after about an hour of screaming I cave.  Happens everynight!   :P

If I get this job I want, I'll have to go to the USA for a week of interviews.  Could be what we ALL need to make the switch.  I feel for my husband though!!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 07:45:23 PM »
Cat food milk sounds horrible

And I hope the milk allergy has 'grown out' of your daughter.
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2018, 07:48:27 PM »
And I hope the milk allergy has 'grown out' of your daughter.

She loves food.  I eagerly look forward to seeing her reaction to cheese.    :D

• Liked: 585
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 09:05:09 PM »

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2018, 09:41:14 PM »
So until he's forced to have the catfood milk, he's all about mommy-milk.  We will be 100% ready to only give him formula at night... then after about an hour of screaming I cave.  Happens everynight!   :P

If I get this job I want, I'll have to go to the USA for a week of interviews.  Could be what we ALL need to make the switch.  I feel for my husband though!!

Ugh, no wonder you miss sleep so badly, if you're having that stand-off every night.  I don't think I'd mess with the catfood milk except in emergencies, like you've had something that makes your own production unfit for him, and you haven't banked any in the fridge.

Oooor the week you're away to the US when you get the job.  :)  (Your poor husband!)

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2018, 11:04:16 AM »
Those pizzas look fantastic!  Not sure about pineapple on pizza but we'll ignore that for now.

By the way, if you want to read a review of your oven, there was one recently in the Guardian. 

Sponsored Links