Author Topic: Shipping Boston > London  (Read 221 times)

Offline lauraJH

• Liked: 7
Shipping Boston > London
« on: January 15, 2018, 08:16:07 PM »
Hello! My husband and I are shortly moving back to the UK from Boston, US. We have roughly 10-15 boxes of items that we want to bring with us. We're looking at shipping companies to ship these, but all the estimates seem to take a very long time 10-12 weeks, and we have also read a lot of bad reviews about people's experience with these companies. Does anyone have any recommended approaches to bringing these boxes over / recommended companies? Thanks in advance, much appreciated!!!

Online KFdancer

• Liked: 2058
Re: Shipping Boston > London
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 08:18:25 PM »
UPAK WE SHIP is popular here.  Probably exactly what you need.

Online Nan D.

• Liked: 136
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 10:02:44 AM »
We used Ranier consolidators. Your stuff gets put into a crate and when they have enough crates for a shipment, it goes out.  We moved 3 crates full of stuff from the USA West Coast to the UK for about $5,000, start to finish.  It does take longer, but it saved us a bundle. Also, with them, they go by crate, not by weight. I had about 30 packing boxes of books, which were extremely heavy, and another 10 of LP records. Shipped the same as if they'd been pillows.  ;D

Offline rubydamselfly

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 11:05:58 PM »
I used UPakWeShip to move to the UK (St Louis to SW England) and then back to the US. I loved it. I got my stuff faster than someone I know and it was very affordable. $1300? in 2012 and 2015.

Offline x0Kiss0fDeath

• Liked: 335
« Reply #4 on: Today at 11:03:09 AM »
Your stuff gets put into a crate and when they have enough crates for a shipment, it goes out.

That's an interesting concept! Do they have rough guidelines on up to how long it can take? Like will they guarantee it will ship within a certain period of months or could it take a very long time?

haha I would probably have to jump on here and sell some space out to other expats to take stuff over if they didn't have a maximum wait period