Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Yo Sushi?  (Read 2703 times)

• Liked: 1891
Yo Sushi?
« on: January 16, 2018, 03:24:37 PM »

Don't forget there's a special going on all month at Yo Sushi, £2.80 for almost all the plates.  Mon-Fri only. 
I love Yo Sushi and so do the kids. French wife hates it, she can't stand that the meal happens too fast.

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
Re: Yo Sushi?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 05:01:52 PM »
Your wife is awesome she's the Frenchiest of the French.
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 10:37:46 AM »
Thanks Historyenne!  It's true, she does bring a lot of Frenchness to the family.
As much as I moan, I actually like France a lot and am happy to holiday there.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 05:21:24 PM »
I've never been able to bring myself to eat at Yo Sushi.  Is it actually any good.  Something about it puts me off...

• Liked: 584
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 05:23:02 PM »
I've never been able to bring myself to eat at Yo Sushi.  Is it actually any good.  Something about it puts me off...
It's the only sushi I've ever had, so can't really compare it... :-\\\\

• Britannicaine
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 05:49:38 PM »

I don't go to Yo Sushi because I can't face the prices, and I have doubts about the quality. I used to get gorgeous fresh-made all-you-can-eat sushi with miso soup and a drink for about £8 when I lived in Japan, and it's ruined me for all other sushi forever.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 05:57:44 PM »
I don't go to Yo Sushi because I can't face the prices, and I have doubts about the quality. I used to get gorgeous fresh-made all-you-can-eat sushi with miso soup and a drink for about £8 when I lived in Japan, and it's ruined me for all other sushi forever.

Mmmmm... miso soup..... mmmmmmmmm....  wow, I haven't had that in years!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 06:58:26 PM »
miso soup

An excellent hangover cure! .   ;D

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2018, 08:46:04 AM »
Mmmmm... miso soup..... mmmmmmmmm....  wow, I haven't had that in years!

Once you can have soya again, you can quite easily find miso soup mixes in the supermarket. Not quite the same ,but definitely tasty.

And yeah, agree, a great hangover cure. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 107
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2018, 09:37:28 AM »
I agree with KFDancer.

In Liverpool we go to a place called Etsu for sushi. It's a small cute authentic Japanese place where everything is fresh to order and I love the manager as she's this cute small old lady who's so nice. It's reasonably priced and you get that Japanese taste for the day.

Yo! Sushi to me is like going to Mcdonalds for a good burger instead of going to a good burger joint. Just a franchised, culture-less, less on quality place for food.

I am completely talking from opinions based on absolutely nothing! haha. Just given the choice, why would I go Yo! Sushi instead of seeing my sweet Japanese host?
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Liked: 116
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 10:22:50 AM »
Can't comment on the sushi there but I remember going to Japan as a child and there was a similar thing, sushi on a conveyor belt!  Always wondered if it was the same chain in the UK or a rip off of the idea.  I'm allergic to shellfish so I'm really nervous to eat there, although the big chains are usually pretty good for taking it seriously I guess.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 12:35:04 PM »
I can't believe all you guys hating on Yo Sushi! 
It's not meant to be a proper Sushi bar.  I've been to those places, where the Apprentice has to make rice for 3 years before he can touch a fish and they are fine as well for what they are.

It is one of those places like Pizza Express that are ridiculously expensive if you are paying full price, but fine if you've got a %30 discount.  I would never consider going there unless it's Monday or January.

Historyenne, you should try it this month or on a Monday.  You can get a  bottomless miso soup and some sushi for £8.   Of course it's not gonna be like Japan but you might like it.

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 12:38:53 PM »
One tip if you are going with kids: Order a plain bowl of rice for each kid and make them eat the whole thing before they can touch anything on the belt.  It's only £2 for the rice but it fills them up like crazy.  Our kids have Stockholm syndrome and wouldn't dream of starting without eating rice.  It's their favourite part of the meal!

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2018, 12:44:08 PM »
MPI, I would think that your allergy will be catered for.  They happily make everything to order as well.  I frequently order fried stuff made to order just cause I want it fresh and nobody cares.  They must be experienced dealing with shellfish allergies.

• Britannicaine
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2018, 01:00:57 PM »
Can't comment on the sushi there but I remember going to Japan as a child and there was a similar thing, sushi on a conveyor belt!  Always wondered if it was the same chain in the UK or a rip off of the idea.  I'm allergic to shellfish so I'm really nervous to eat there, although the big chains are usually pretty good for taking it seriously I guess.

There's no Yo Sushi in Japan :). But there are a LOT of conveyor-belt sushi places. That idea did originate in Japan. The difference is that in Japanese places you've got the sushi chefs in the back making everything fresh and nothing's covered in plastic. They make the sushi, pop it on a plate, send it out, and you just grab what you like. People used to talk about how many plates they could eat. I know some Japanese people who have spent hours there just eating sushi, resting until they're hungry again, and eating more.

For the record, the most I managed was 15 plates, and I thought I was going to explode. I think my husband got to 19. The most I ever heard of was 25. They also send out jello/pudding for dessert, so you get the whole meal. I miss that place so much.

--Francis Cabrel

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab