Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiance visa refusal  (Read 18052 times)

• Britannicaine
  • Liked: 198
Re: Fiance visa refusal
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 11:46:07 AM »
You’re right that C1/C2 makes no difference. Just to clarify, the form you submitted should have looked similar to this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 46
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 11:58:11 AM »
Yes, it exactly looks like that, apart from the top: it is written General Training.

I didn't manage to add an image of mine...
Application#1(Fiance)
Bio-metrics Appointment and scan: 16th Nov
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 17th Nov
Decision Made E-Mail: 19th January 2018
43 business days, Rejection
Application #2 Spouse (from France)
Bio-metrics Appointment and docs scan 08 March 2018
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 05 April 2018
Decision made email from Visa center: 25 April 2018
32 business days

• Britannicaine
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 12:02:06 PM »
In that case, the only legitimate reason I can think of for them not accepting it is if it wasn't taken at an officially designated UKVI test centre. They are ridiculously picky about which centres are "official" and which aren't. May I ask where you took your exam?

--Francis Cabrel

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 12:07:29 PM »
In that case, the only legitimate reason I can think of for them not accepting it is if it wasn't taken at an officially designated UKVI test centre. They are ridiculously picky about which centres are "official" and which aren't. May I ask where you took your exam?

Yes, sure @historyenne ... Unfortunately I already checked it, and it is correct as well...

Centre number GBS 02  British council London West, date 04/jun/2016

it is on the list

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/658919/2017-11-13_-_Approved_Secure_English_Language_Tests_and_Test_Centres.pdf
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 12:33:27 PM »

Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

• Liked: 342
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 12:57:31 PM »
If you go to https://www.immigrationboards.com/immigration-for-family-members/ they are mainly from non-English speaking countries and will know what has happened.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 01:03:53 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2018, 03:22:53 PM »

I have provided IELTS General Training for UKVI test (level C2), which was passed in Hammersmith and Ealing, London, approved IELTS Consortium center... I don't know what to say after all that... The main question, shall we appeal, or just marry and reapply...? Can we refund any of our fees because of their mistake?

Absolutely devastated...

It's reading like it might be your error as "GENERAL TRAINING" doesn't seem to be the correct test for a UK visa? Read the link below. The form for the English test historyenne showed you had "ACADEMIC" on it.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/immigration-for-family-members/spouse-visa-refused-on-english-test-can-we-appeal-t240931.html

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 03:29:48 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 03:49:51 PM »
It's reading like it might be your error as "GENERAL TRAINING" doesn't seem to be the correct test for a UK visa? Read the link below. The form for the English test historyenne showed you had "ACADEMIC" on it.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/immigration-for-family-members/spouse-visa-refused-on-english-test-can-we-appeal-t240931.html

There is no difference whether it is General or Academic, it should be SELT Test, IELTS for UKVI from Approved provider.
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2018, 04:41:45 PM »
If you go to the immigrationboards link I put above, they know all the rules for what English tests for which visa and will be able to help you. This subject often comes up on that site.

It's not something we really see on this site as US citizens do not have to take an English test.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 04:51:35 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2018, 04:50:48 PM »
If you go to the immigrationboards link I put above, they know all the rules for English tests and will be able to help you. This subject often comes up on that site.

It's not something we really see on this site as US citizens do not have to take an English test.

Thank you so much @Sirius ! I went to another forum, and by one of the moderators, it was written that the decision was unlawful and the appeal should follow...

The problem which disturbs me:
1) If we go for an appeal, it can take 8 months and more. In this case, we will be punished again by the time spent separately
2) Will they return any of our fees if we go for an appeal? We paid priority fiance visa application.
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2018, 04:53:14 PM »
In the immigration rules it is written:
The minimum standard an applicant in the partner or parent routes must meet is, as appropriate, level A1 or A2 of CEFR in speaking and listening skills. If they wish, applicants can pass an approved test at a higher level to meet the requirement which applies to their application.

Every English language test taken on or after 6 April 2015 by a partner or parent applicant must meet the new requirements in respect of the approved tests, providers and secure test centers offered by Trinity College London or the IELTS SELT Consortium.

Well, the test was passed in the approved location - IELTS SELT Consortium GBS02  British Council, London West
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2018, 04:56:21 PM »
Thank you so much @Sirius ! I went to another forum, and by one of the moderators, it was written that the decision was unlawful and the appeal should follow...

The problem which disturbs me:
1) If we go for an appeal, it can take 8 months and more. In this case, we will be punished again by the time spent separately
2) Will they return any of our fees if we go for an appeal? We paid priority fiance visa application.

No, no fees will be refunded... it states that clearly on the UKVI website.

The only time you can get a refund of the visa fee is if you withdraw the application before giving biometrics... and therefore the application is never processed.

You will also need to pay for an appeal if you decide to go through with it... and potentially any lawyer fees if it ends up at a tribunal.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2018, 05:02:58 PM »
I applied in July 2017 for an unmarried partner visa from Moscow. I also did not submit Life Skills test and submitted IELTS Academic (overall score was eight). My test certificate was accepted!

I consulted two UK lawyers on this matter and they confirmed that higher level test is ok. Also if you look at subparagraph (b) of paragraph E-ECP.4.1. of the migration rules it states that an applicant should pass "an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages". Therefore it implies that it can be other test should its level be higher.

On that application we were rejected based on financial evidence (we qualify but dates on our bank statements were wrong), so we reapplied in November as priority, still waiting for the decision. I submitted the same IELTS Academic certificate as the first time and now am terrified for the outcome. The visa officers' incompetency is outrageous.

So sorry Katie_France for what happened! Be strong, my thoughts are with you.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 05:08:43 PM by RussianLady »
Settlement Unmarried Partner
Applied from: Moscow, Russia
Priority: Yes (for both)

1st application
Biometrics given: 17.07.2017
Decision Made Email: 01.10.2017
Received Passport: 02.10.2017
Decision: rejection - financial evidence were not accepted (savings only route)

2nd application:
Biometrics given: 03.11.2017
Documents mailed to UK: 04.11.2017
Documents received by Sheffield: 07.11.2017
Decision Made Email: waiting (on 7.12.2017 through payed email support service received an email that the decision was made)
Received Passport: waiting

• Britannicaine
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2018, 05:20:43 PM »
There's nothing wrong with the IELTS results that Katie_France submitted. The General/Life Skills exam is the one mentioned by UKVI but the academic exam will also be accepted, provided it's taken at a UKVI-specific test centre. (I posted an example of an Academic test only because I generally work with IELTS candidates who are applying to universities, so that's the exam they take). What matters is the test centre, and as Katie_France did her exam at an approved centre it's 100% the proof of language skill she needs. UKVI are in error here.

@Katie_France, whether you choose to appeal or reapply is up to you. There are drawbacks to both, only you can decide which is the least worst option. It really sucks for you, I hope you can get things sorted out ASAP.

--Francis Cabrel

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2018, 05:54:19 PM »
I've been quiet as I don't know anything about the English requirements.

But I really hope you can speak with your fiance's MP Katie and see if they can speak with someone competent.  This seems like it *should* be able to be fixed without a lengthy and expensive appeal process.  But I am unfamiliar with the different stages of the appeal and if this could, in fact, be over turned very early on....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab