Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Supporting documentation and airline tickets 2 questions  (Read 434 times)

• Lover of Target and M&S
  • Liked: 43
Supporting documentation and airline tickets 2 questions
« on: January 20, 2018, 02:30:04 PM »
Flashback to August 2017- we have been planning this move for 2 years. Hubby finds a GREAT deal on airfare to Heathrow for the 4 of us on June 14 2018. He purchased them. Yes we have "any reason" travel insurance .

Fast forward to today. I'm getting my supporting documentation together. We're waiting until February (after our tax refund- if the government gets working again) to pay all the fees.

Could you give a once over for me?

Flight itinerary
Passport photos
QTS certificate (shows genuine intent)
Letter of recommendation from co worker (intent)
Email with Oxford Arts Council regarding possible positions within
Children's birth certificate
Marriage certificate
Husbands divorce decree
Bank statements
Letter from bank assuring that they are a bank even though its called a credit union (one of the refusal reasons last year)
Stock savings that shows how much cash is available to withdraw
Statement of intent to settle

2- when should I apply given DH bought tickets?
Type of Application: Priority Settlement Spouse Visa
Online Application: 9 March, 2019  Philadelphia,US
Biometrics: 14 March 2019, Philadelphia
Application Mailed: 14 March 2019
Application Received in NY: 15 March 2019
Application Received in Sheffield: 19 March 2019
Decision email received: 16 April 2019
Passport received: 17 April 2019

• Liked: 6110
Re: Supporting documentation and airline tickets 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 02:46:51 PM »
Flashback to August 2017- we have been planning this move for 2 years. Hubby finds a GREAT deal on airfare to Heathrow for the 4 of us on June 14 2018. He purchased them. Yes we have "any reason" travel insurance .

Fast forward to today. I'm getting my supporting documentation together. We're waiting until February (after our tax refund- if the government gets working again) to pay all the fees.

Could you give a once over for me?

Flight itinerary
Passport photos
QTS certificate (shows genuine intent)
Letter of recommendation from co worker (intent)
Email with Oxford Arts Council regarding possible positions within
Children's birth certificate
Marriage certificate
Husbands divorce decree
Bank statements
Letter from bank assuring that they are a bank even though its called a credit union (one of the refusal reasons last year)
Stock savings that shows how much cash is available to withdraw
Statement of intent to settle

2- when should I apply given DH bought tickets?

Which financial category are you using?

You are missing all of your accommodation evidence, what will your living arrangements be in the UK?

You are also missing much of your relationship evidence (photos, joint bills etc)

What is QTS?

If you can fill in the blanks, it’ll help us to help you.  :)

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 02:50:19 PM »
Okay, in regards to the documents, you do NOT need any of the following as they cannot be considered, so you can take them out:
- QTS certificate (shows genuine intent) (they cannot consider your employability)
- Letter of recommendation from co worker (intent) (they cannot consider your employability)
- Email with Oxford Arts Council regarding possible positions within (they cannot consider your employability)
- Children's birth certificate (if the child is British, you do not need to include anything from them)

_________________________________________________ ____________________

I'm just going to rearrange your documents into the order they should be presented in the package. My additions are in red:

Applicant
- priority processing receipt (if purchasing)
- cover letter (if including)
- printed online application
- completed VAF4a Appendix 2 form
- stamped biometrics receipt
- IHS surcharge number/receipt
- US passport
- all previous passports
- return shipping label

- passport photo(s)
- Flight itinerary

Sponsor
- copy of his passport photo page
- sponsor letter of support for the visa outlining how you meet each requirement

Finances - I'm assuming Category D: Cash Savings?
- 6 full months of original bank statements showing that at least £62,500 has been held in full for the whole 6 months
- Stock savings that shows how much cash is available to withdraw
- Letter from bank

Accommodation
If renting in the UK:
- valid tenancy agreement in husband's name
- letter from landlord giving you permission to live there after the visa has been issued

If you own in the UK:
- Land Registry document
- latest mortgage statement (optional)

If you will stay with family:
- letter from homeowner giving you permission to live there and stating the home will not be overcrowded
- Land Registry document
- latest mortgage statement (optional)

Relationship evidence
- Marriage certificate
- Husbands divorce decree
- 2 photos of you together
- evidence of living together in the US for the entire length of your marriage (tax returns, utility bills etc.)
- if you have lived apart at all during your relationship, evidence of regular contact while apart (email inbox, call logs, message logs etc.)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 02:58:43 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 02:58:00 PM »
In regards to when you should apply, it could be tricky to time it accurately and you may have to prepare to change your flights if it turns out the visa is not valid for you to travel on June 14th.

You're not supposed to apply more than 3 months before you wish to travel, so that would be from March 14th.

I would make it VERY CLEAR on your application form - and in a cover letter - that you want the visa to start in June, and I would also stress that the flights are booked already, so you need it to be valid so you can travel on that date June.

What you don't want to happen is that you apply in March, the visa is processed by April and then it's valid for 30 days starting in April and not in June.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 02:58:28 PM »
Thank you! We own a house in Oxfordshire, so we have all of the mortgage statements, etc!
I'm just terrified of getting another refusal. It is all cash savings. Between our stocks and savings were at £82,000. Our solicitor said we should be good to go.

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 03:01:28 PM »
Thank you! We own a house in Oxfordshire, so we have all of the mortgage statements, etc!

You only need one mortgage statement for the accommodation requirement - just the latest one, and that's only optional.

The important thing is the Land Registry document, which if you don't have a copy, you can download from the Land Registry website for £3.

I'm just terrified of getting another refusal. It is all cash savings. Between our stocks and savings were at £82,000. Our solicitor said we should be good to go.

What were your reasons for refusal before?

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 03:03:08 PM »

What you don't want to happen is that you apply in March, the visa is processed by April and then it's valid for 30 days starting in April and not in June.
So don't do priority? Our solicitor said there was such a backlog that we should apply asap and priority.
I'm used to people not reading applications (from the U.K. To Pa immigration nightmare). They should read it, if I stress the June date?

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 03:04:58 PM »
You only need one mortgage statement for the accommodation requirement - just the latest one, and that's only optional.

The important thing is the Land Registry document, which if you don't have a copy, you can download from the Land Registry website for £3.

What were your reasons for refusal before?
I rushed things, and read the financial requirements wrong. I had enough for me, but not everyone else. It was literally mistakes I made due to rushing

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 03:10:48 PM »
It sounds like your attorney is not familiar with applications from the US and the timing requirements.

You cannot apply more than three months in advance and priority.  Full stop.  If they don't know that...  that's a concern.

But hey, at least they aren't saying you need a property inspection report so that's one point in their favor!   :)

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 03:13:19 PM »
So don't do priority? Our solicitor said there was such a backlog that we should apply asap and priority.

No, I would go with priority if you can afford it - going by last summer, some people who applied non-priority in April didn't get their visa until October or November!

I would not apply ASAP though, since you can't apply until 3 months before your travel date.

In regards to timings, we've had some priority applications processed in about 5-10 working days this month, and they were running at about 4-6 weeks for most of last year.

I would allow maybe 1-2 months for priority processing if applying in March, but hopefully not more than that.

I'm used to people not reading applications (from the U.K. To Pa immigration nightmare). They should read it, if I stress the June date?

They're normally pretty good at making sure they honour the travel date, and it's one of the application questions anyway, but I would definitely stress it to make it as clear as possible.

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2018, 03:16:02 PM »
I rushed things, and read the financial requirements wrong. I had enough for me, but not everyone else. It was literally mistakes I made due to rushing

Hang on, what do you mean enough for you but not anyone else? Are you applying for visas for children as well?

The amount in savings you need for just you is £62,500.

If it's you and one non-UK child, it's £72,000. If it's you and 2 non-UK children, it's £78,00 etc.

If the rest of your family are British citizens, you don't need to show any money for them... all of the required savings of £62,500 is to support you only and no one else.

The annual income needed to sponsor a spouse is £18,600. For the savings, the first £16,000 doesn't count and then you need 2.5 years' worth of £18,600 to cover the length of the visa:
£16,000 + (£18,600 x 2.5) = £62,500.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 03:19:47 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2018, 03:40:17 PM »
Hang on, what do you mean enough for you but not anyone else? Are you applying for visas for children as well?

The amount in savings you need for just you is £62,500.

If it's you and one non-UK child, it's £72,000. If it's you and 2 non-UK children, it's £78,00 etc.

If the rest of your family are British citizens, you don't need to show any money for them... all of the required savings of £62,500 is to support you only and no one else.

The annual income needed to sponsor a spouse is £18,600. For the savings, the first £16,000 doesn't count and then you need 2.5 years' worth of £18,600 to cover the length of the visa:
£16,000 + (£18,600 x 2.5) = £62,500.
They are all U.K. Citizens! Passport holding U.K. Citizens.😊

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2018, 04:00:02 PM »
They are all U.K. Citizens! Passport holding U.K. Citizens.😊

That's good :).

Just wanted to make sure you fully understand the financial requirement now- your phrasing confused me because there's no 'everyone else' in this situation... all that money is needed just for you, not for anyone else :).

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 04:04:49 PM »
This post has helped us incredibly.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2018, 06:14:52 PM »

Do you have at least £62.5K in a cash account or are you relying also on the stocks that you mention?

If you need the stocks to make up the amount, does the account that they are held in meet all of the criteria at 7.4.3 on page 51 in the following link?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/636618/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf#page47
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 06:50:52 PM by larrabee »

Sponsored Links