Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: UK Spousal Visa Document Check  (Read 348 times)

• Liked: 37
UK Spousal Visa Document Check
« on: January 21, 2018, 06:51:23 PM »
Hello all! We are about to submit our spousal visa and want to make sure that are documents are correct. We appreciate all of your help and expertise, this forum has been a life saver :)

Applicant:
- Printed online application
- The VAF4A Appendix 2
- Biometrics appointment confirmation with the stamp
- IHS surcharge number/receipt
- Current and past passport
- Passport photo
- shipping label

Sponsor
- Husband’s bio data page from his passport (certified by solicitor)
- Sponsor letter of support

Finances - 3A - Salary of £18,600+ in UK
- Husband’s payslips - 6 months (Employer will write letter if digital copies + sign each payslip)
- Letter from husband’s employer confirming the following:    
    - job title and current salary
    - length of employment
    - length of time earning current salary
    - type of employment
- Husbands bank statements (savings account & ISA ) - 6 months

Accommodation
- In-law's House Title Summary
- Letter from mortgage company confirming contacting land registry to advise no mortgage on property (certified by solicitor)
- Letter from in-laws inviting my husband and I to live with them
   -confirms rent free
   -confirms # of bedrooms
   -confirms occupants of property

Relationship
- Marriage certificate
- Photos together
- Boarding passes from trips to see each other
- Letters and cards sent to each other
- Evidence of regular communication through the entire relationship... email inbox screenshots, call logs, message logs etc.

Follow-up Questions
-I have all of my passports from age 4 to current (there are 4 of them) - do I need to include all of my passports or just the ones valid in the last 10 years + my current one? --For finances section do we need my husband’s P60?
-Does he need to include his job contract?
-For accommodation do we need the land registry document?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:52:38 PM by kerinay »
Nationality:  US Citizen; husband is UK Citizen
First Spouse Visa - Applied Feb 2018, Approved May 2018
FLR(M) - Applied January 2021, Approved May 2021
ILR(M) - Applied May 2023, Approved June 2023
Citizenship - Pending Application

• Liked: 3595
Re: UK Spousal Visa Document Check
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 07:06:33 PM »
Hi,

Your documents look pretty good.

A couple of things:
- if you are purchasing settlement priority processing, then the receipt for that goes on the very top of your document pile

For the finances, I would also include:
- husband's original job contract
- husband's latest P60 (which will be April 2017)
These aren't mandatory, but the guidance states they may ask for them so if you can include them at the beginning, they won't need to contact you.

If you are relying on employment income, you do not need savings account or ISA statements because they won't be considered. The 6 months of bank statements must show the deposit of every single payslip and will normally be from a current account (checking account).

- I don't think you need the letter from the mortgage company confirming there's no mortgage, as it's not a requirement to provide mortgage statements anyway. All that matters is the title deed and the letter from the homeowner.

Follow-up Questions
-I have all of my passports from age 4 to current (there are 4 of them) - do I need to include all of my passports or just the ones valid in the last 10 years + my current one?

I would include all of them.

The supporting documents guidance doesn't specify how old the passports need to be... it just says:

A current and valid travel document or passport
We will not issue a visa if you do not have a valid passport or travel document to put the visa in. You should ensure that your passport has at least one blank page which is free from endorsements on both sides.

One passport sized colour photograph
This must comply with the requirements in our photo guidance

Previous passports
These are to show your previous travel history

--For finances section do we need my husband’s P60?
-Does he need to include his job contract?
-For accommodation do we need the land registry document?

Ah, I've already addressed the first two of these above :). It's yes to both.

For the third, you need evidence of homeownership... so the Land Registry or Title Deed
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:09:43 PM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 37
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 07:29:34 PM »
Thank you ksand24!

Quick follow up question on the documents for my in-laws home.

For the third, you need evidence of homeownership... so the Land Registry or Title Deed

We have the House Title Summary and the Title Register that my husband purchased online (£3 each) from HM Registry - is that the same as the Land Registry or Title Deed? All of the names have me a little confused!

For the bank details he does initially have it deposited into his checking account but then transfers it out into his ISA. We thought about including the ISA to show he is putting it in that secondary account and that's why he looks to have no money in his checking.

Thank you again for all of your help!

Nationality:  US Citizen; husband is UK Citizen
First Spouse Visa - Applied Feb 2018, Approved May 2018
FLR(M) - Applied January 2021, Approved May 2021
ILR(M) - Applied May 2023, Approved June 2023
Citizenship - Pending Application

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 07:47:19 PM »
We have the House Title Summary and the Title Register that my husband purchased online (£3 each) from HM Registry - is that the same as the Land Registry or Title Deed? All of the names have me a little confused!

Yes, that's the correct one - I get confused with which is which, but you need the one that costs £3.

For the bank details he does initially have it deposited into his checking account but then transfers it out into his ISA. We thought about including the ISA to show he is putting it in that secondary account and that's why he looks to have no money in his checking.

The only thing they will check is the deposit of the money into the account... they don't care what happens to the money after that. So, including the ISA account statements won't add anything to the application, it'll clutter your documents, and it may cause confusion as to what documents they should be looking at.

The only reason they need to see the bank statements is to confirm that the same amount of money listed on each payslip was paid into a bank account in his name. That's it.

Sponsored Links