Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Letter/Land Registry document for accomodation  (Read 549 times)

• Liked: 1
Letter/Land Registry document for accomodation
« on: January 22, 2018, 06:36:46 PM »
Hi all,

I am applying for a spousal Visa. My wife is the UK sponsor, but still lives with me in the US at the moment. She may end up relocating before me, and will likely get a short term let where we'll stay while we look for a more permanent solution. But for purposes of my Visa application, a friend of the sponsor's UK family has agreed to allow to use their address and, to the extent necessary, stay briefly until we get that short term lease in place.  They have asked us to prep the documentation template for them to complete, sign, and mail to us in the US.

As for the letter, from other posts, I gather this is basically what it should say:

To whom it may concern: (or should it be addressed to the ECO?)

I am the owner of the property located at <address>. I am giving permission for <applicant and sponsor> to live at this property until they find their own living accommodations. There are X bedrooms in the property. The only residents at the property are myself and my husband (does he need to be named?). The addition of <applicant and sponsor> will make a total of four residents, which will not result in overcrowding.

<signature>

As for the Land Registry document, when I go to the website, landregistry.gov.uk, there are options for both leasehold and freehold registries. Any idea which is the correct to use?  Most importantly, when you pull up the example document https://eservices.landregistry.gov.uk/www/wps/QDMPS-Portlet/resources/example_register.pdf, it specifically says: "Neither this extract nor the full copy is an ‘official copy’ of the register. An official copy of the register is admissible in evidence in a court to the same extent as the original." But based on other posts, it's okay to include this document as printed straight from the website? Is there any reason I can't print this out myself?

Finally, I've seen some posts say a mortgage statement is required, and other posts only mention the above two documents. Has that requirement changed over time?

Much thanks!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Letter/Land Registry document for accomodation
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 07:12:22 PM »
Get them to add the number of public rooms (living and dining rooms) to the letter.

Get the £3 copy from here, almost everyone uses it and it is accepted.

https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-property-and-land/search-the-register

The mortgage statement is not a requirement but if there is a mortgage on the property, it's a good idea to include it anyway to show that it's being paid.

Sponsored Links