Author Topic: Just Visiting ^_^ From the US Midwest to Scotland  (Read 183 times)

Offline MlleMarron

• Liked: 0
Just Visiting ^_^ From the US Midwest to Scotland
« on: January 23, 2018, 08:48:15 PM »
Hi!

I'm a US citizen who wants to visit my mom :) I'm from the midwest and I'm hoping to get a Standard Visa to visit my mom in Scotland. I have visited her there multiple times, but as I understand it, getting a visit visa/leave to enter at the airport is not like it used to be (super unlikely) which is why I'm here!

I look forward to getting some answers and poking around to read other people's stories. Please say hi! I'm a newb, I'm 26, I like YouTube, movies, and water ^_^.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 10:17:56 PM by MlleMarron »

Online larrabee

• Liked: 2423
Re: Just Visiting ^_^ From the US Midwest to Aberdeenshire
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 08:53:49 PM »
Hi!

I'm a US citizen who wants to visit my mom :) I'm from the midwest and I'm hoping to get a Standard Visa to visit my mom in Aberdeenshire. I have visited her there multiple times, but as I understand it, getting a visit visa/leave to enter at the airport is not like it used to be (super unlikely) which is why I'm here!

I look forward to getting some answers and poking around to read other people's stories. Please say hi! I'm a newb, I'm 26, I like YouTube, movies, and water ^_^.

Hello and welcome.  :)

How easy it is to get stamped in at the border depends on your circumstances.

How much have you visited recently and how long for? Have you always left when you said you would? How long are you planning to stay this time? How strong are your ties to the US?
March 29th 2013-Moved to UK, husband on spouse visa.Oct 20th 2015-Applied by mail for FLR(M).Feb 1st 2016 FLR(M).

Offline ksand24

• Liked: 1722
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 08:55:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum :).

What makes you think getting a visitor visa at the airport not like it used to be?

How long are you planning to visit for?

If your visit is relatively short (I.e. up to about a month) and you have a good immigration history, enough money for your trip, plus a job and home to return to in the US, then you should be fine to enter as normal and get a stamp at the airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MlleMarron

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 08:59:53 PM »
Thank you for your response! I'm realizing I probably included information inappropriate for the Welcome Wagon. I asked my question in the Visa section with all sorts of details
just after I posted this ^_^.

Online larrabee

• Liked: 2423
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 09:01:32 PM »
No problem.  :)
March 29th 2013-Moved to UK, husband on spouse visa.Oct 20th 2015-Applied by mail for FLR(M).Feb 1st 2016 FLR(M).