Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The Crown  (Read 1668 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: The Crown
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 12:12:08 AM »
And you can watch The Good Place!! Oh, it's such a great show. It's my current favourite. There's an episode I need to watch!

And iZombie entertains.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 533
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 10:15:00 AM »
The Crown is good. I was worried early on that its intent was a lese-majeste of sorts, but it has been pretty respectful.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 718
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 10:50:37 AM »
The Crown is good. I was worried early on that its intent was a lese-majeste of sorts, but it has been pretty respectful.

+1

My wife and I are enjoying it and learning from it as we were born in 1955 so know little and remember even less of the first 10 or 15 years. As some of the issues come up that we didn't know about I find myself Googling a bit of recent history including Lord Altrincham from the last episode we watched. Never heard of him or his impact on the modern British monarchy.

I hear that Olivia Colman has been cast as the older Queen for the next 2 seasons. Great actress, I think she will do a good job.

I read an article about the cost of making The Crown and it is an amazing amount of money.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-42439285

Verdict: The Crown is expected to run for six series. If their cost remains stable, that's either $780m (£584m) if you believe the rumours, or (on Morgan's figures), $390m (£292m). So if the monarchy does indeed cost £300m a year, that would fund three series of the Crown at worst. And, at best, all six.

Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2018, 03:51:49 PM »
Speaking of things that happen in The Crown, I just took this picture a couple of hours ago:

And the view from that spot (though I suspect it’s changed a lot in the last 64 years):

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2018, 04:13:49 PM »
Speaking of things that happen in The Crown, I just took this picture a couple of hours ago:

And the view from that spot (though I suspect it’s changed a lot in the last 64 years):

That sun!  That view!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2018, 05:10:39 PM »

Ooh, I'm envious of what looks like a very nice day! Neat :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab