Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Application  (Read 1573 times)

• Liked: 4
Application
« on: January 28, 2018, 04:13:45 PM »
Hello everyone!
We submitted our application for a settlement visa and we were notified that they received it 1/26/18.
From what we understand it takes 12 weeks to process.

In the mean time is there anything we should be preparing for?
What are the next steps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
Re: Application
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 04:20:28 PM »
Hello everyone!
We submitted our application for a settlement visa and we were notified that they received it 1/26/18.
From what we understand it takes 12 weeks to process.

In the mean time is there anything we should be preparing for?
What are the next steps?

Next thing that should happen is that you'll get an email telling you that a decision has been made on your application. Did you use priority, it'll be quicker than 12 weeks if you did?

After that, you'll receive your documents back and if you applied for a spouse visa, you'll have 30 days (determined by the dates on the vignette in the passport) to enter the UK and 10 days from then to pick up your BRP from your nominated Post Office.

What did you put on your application as your intended date of travel?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 04:21:29 PM »
Did you pay for Priority Processing? If so, it should be much less than 12 weeks. Some people here on the forum who submitted using priority during January already have their visas.

If yours is non-Priority though, it could take a couple of months.

In terms of preparing, I think at the moment, it’ll just be a case of tying things up in the US so you’re ready to leave. If you have any pets that you are moving, or anything you need to ship to the U.K., you can start sorting those things out.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 04:22:01 PM »
Next thing that should happen is that you'll get an email telling you that a decision has been made on your application. Did you use priority, it'll be quicker than 12 weeks if you did?

After that, you'll receive your documents back and if you applied for a spouse visa, you'll have 30 days (determined by the dates on the vignette in the passport) to enter the UK and 10 days from then to pick up your BRP from your nominated Post Office.

What did you put on your application as your intended date of travel?

We did not choose to purchase priority.
For the intended date we arbitrarily chose April the 13th.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 05:00:52 PM »

We did not choose to purchase priority.
For the intended date we arbitrarily chose April the 13th.

You should have put the earliest date you wanted to travel.  Because if the application is approved, say next week.  You won't be able to enter the UK until April (they usually make the 30 day vignette valid for 7 days prior to the requested travel date... which makes no sense but is what it is).

However, non-priority has been taking every bit of three months lately, so will likely be fine.  You just have to be ready to jump when the visa arrives.  A lot of people have been travelling to the UK to collect the BRP and then returning to the USA to finish out employment, end leases, sell houses and cars, etc.  30 days isn't really enough!  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab