Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Centre Parcs Europe - Jimbo, I'm looking at you!  (Read 1943 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Centre Parcs Europe - Jimbo, I'm looking at you!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2018, 12:32:16 PM »
What?  Is this just a thing you're telling your children to avoid taking them, or is it really closing for some reason?  I'm feeling really gullible, suddenly.

That makes two of us, I was all like, huh?...why?...  ;D

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 12:44:15 PM »
JF - it's JIMBO.  Don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

I just enjoy that he thinks his kids are thich enough to think Disney is closing (present company excluded).

I would like to defend myself by saying I'd just woken up when I saw that post, but then you guys would know that I barely get up before noon.  Quandary.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2018, 03:27:21 PM »
The Matrix was a great  movie.  Too bad they never made any sequels.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 03:34:57 PM »
JF - it's JIMBO.  Don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth

I told my kid that the flavour is called "Pina Colada and getting caught in the rain ".  Whenever we had the jelly beans or I got a drink before dinner at Chaquito's, I always referred to it by it's full name "Pina Colada and getting caught in the rain ".  I've even played the song a few times just to reinforce the lesson. I  hope I'm around when he orders one on a date and finds out I trolled him so hard!

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 04:02:04 PM »
The Matrix was a great  movie.  Too bad they never made any sequels.

Ahem.  I think you mean 'too bad they made sequels.'  (I loved the first one... hated everything about what came after.)

I told my kid that the flavour is called "Pina Colada and getting caught in the rain ".  Whenever we had the jelly beans or I got a drink before dinner at Chaquito's, I always referred to it by it's full name "Pina Colada and getting caught in the rain ".  I've even played the song a few times just to reinforce the lesson. I  hope I'm around when he orders one on a date and finds out I trolled him so hard!

It's a missed opportunity that more parents don't do this to their kids.  Come on, people!  You shape their whole world for nearly a decade... make it fun (for you, not necessarily for them)!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 05:27:26 PM »
When my husband and I were dating, I had to go to York for work.

He told me they had a special chocolate that was only sold in Yorkshire and to pick some up.  They are called Yorkie bars.

He died laughing when I came back with about 20 candy bars for everyone at work.   ::)

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 05:41:05 PM »
When my husband and I were dating, I had to go to York for work.

He told me they had a special chocolate that was only sold in Yorkshire and to pick some up.  They are called Yorkie bars.

He died laughing when I came back with about 20 candy bars for everyone at work.   ::)

My dad started doing "brainsucker" before I was old enough to talk, so I grew up reciting my lines dutifully and never really thought about it...

"You know what this is?" as he did an alien hand sucking motion on the top of my head.
"It's a brain-sucker," I'd reply.
"You know what it's doing?!" he asked, excitement growing.
At this point, very early on I would say, "Sucking my brain?", but it wasn't too many iterations before I started skipping straight to his line:
"Starving to death! hahahahah!"  (only he was the only one laughing)

Any other adults in the vicinity would laugh right along, and I'd smirk and look indignant because I knew I was the butt of a joke, but I never really thought about what the joke was or why I was supposed to be angry... (so I guess the joke wasn't wrong!).

Then one day (when I was in my 20s), I thought about it.   >:(

I'm not mad, though.  He got 20 years out of that joke.

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2018, 07:32:57 PM »
My dad started doing "brainsucker" before I was old enough to talk, so I grew up reciting my lines dutifully and never really thought about it...

"You know what this is?" as he did an alien hand sucking motion on the top of my head.
"It's a brain-sucker," I'd reply.
"You know what it's doing?!" he asked, excitement growing.
At this point, very early on I would say, "Sucking my brain?", but it wasn't too many iterations before I started skipping straight to his line:
"Starving to death! hahahahah!"  (only he was the only one laughing)

Any other adults in the vicinity would laugh right along, and I'd smirk and look indignant because I knew I was the butt of a joke, but I never really thought about what the joke was or why I was supposed to be angry... (so I guess the joke wasn't wrong!).

Then one day (when I was in my 20s), I thought about it.   >:(

I'm not mad, though.  He got 20 years out of that joke.

LOL!  That's funny!

My dad always called me Grun-dune.  No idea why or where it came from.  It was soo embarassing when he would call me that in front of friends or BOYFRIENDS.  Ugh, I would cringe.

Then one day there was a little girl at church running around and my dad said, "Where are you going Grun-dune?"  Wow.  Talk about being territorial.  "I'M GRUN-DUNE!!" Now I wear my nickname with pride.   ;D 

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2018, 09:36:16 PM »
LOL!  That's funny!

My dad always called me Grun-dune.  No idea why or where it came from.  It was soo embarassing when he would call me that in front of friends or BOYFRIENDS.  Ugh, I would cringe.

Then one day there was a little girl at church running around and my dad said, "Where are you going Grun-dune?"  Wow.  Talk about being territorial.  "I'M GRUN-DUNE!!" Now I wear my nickname with pride.   ;D

That's so sweet!  You should ask him to say it to you so you can record it.  Save the file.  Trust me, you'll want that later.

You should also ask him what it means.  Is he of Swedish origin?  Could it be grön dön?  (Literal: green dawn ... but maybe meaning spring, or young?  I'm totally making things up, but I want to know!)

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 08:47:26 AM »
That's so sweet!  You should ask him to say it to you so you can record it.  Save the file.  Trust me, you'll want that later.

You should also ask him what it means.  Is he of Swedish origin?  Could it be grön dön?  (Literal: green dawn ... but maybe meaning spring, or young?  I'm totally making things up, but I want to know!)

All excellent suggestions and I will do both!  Record it and ask the origin.  I suspect it's something he's made up.

He gets terrible road rage.  He's the sweetest man in real life but a completely different person behind the wheel.  You know you've pissed him off if he calls you Clyde.  "What are doing NOW Clyde?!?"  I need to find out if there was a Clyde in his past who really made him mad!

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2018, 10:17:14 AM »
All excellent suggestions and I will do both!  Record it and ask the origin.  I suspect it's something he's made up.

He gets terrible road rage.  He's the sweetest man in real life but a completely different person behind the wheel.  You know you've pissed him off if he calls you Clyde.  "What are doing NOW Clyde?!?"  I need to find out if there was a Clyde in his past who really made him mad!

I have just spent the better part of an hour researching old cartoons to see if it's from one of them (I thought there was a Clyde in Rocky and Bullwinkle, but I got distracted with an annoying "Clyde Crashcup" from Alvin cartoons, while trying to check that).

I'm giving up.  Maybe you can ask him about Clyde, too.  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 11:43:53 AM »

I suspect this is the inspiration for Clyde!  :)

[youtube]    [/youtube]

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2018, 12:41:07 PM »

[youtube]    [/youtube]

I have sent him an email of my random questions for the day.  Soon we shall have an answer!

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2018, 12:47:27 PM »

[youtube]    [/youtube]

That's a much more likely result than anything I found!  Impressive work, Det. Larrabee!

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2018, 03:55:55 PM »
I have answers!!

Clyde is easier than calling them a **** codhead; pop used Charlie a lot. Better for kids in the car than “ a**hole”. No particular significance.

Grundoon is the “Grundoon Chile” is from the comic strip Pogo ( one of the best ever) by Walt Kelly. Google it -you might be surprised!

Pop was my grandpa.

Thanks guys.  I never asked about Grundoon.  37 years later, I finally know I'm from a comic strip.   ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab