Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Centre Parcs Europe - Jimbo, I'm looking at you!  (Read 1929 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Centre Parcs Europe - Jimbo, I'm looking at you!
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2018, 04:09:57 PM »
I have answers!!

Clyde is easier than calling them a **** codhead; pop used Charlie a lot. Better for kids in the car than “ a**hole”. No particular significance.

Grundoon is the “Grundoon Chile” is from the comic strip Pogo ( one of the best ever) by Walt Kelly. Google it -you might be surprised!

Pop was my grandpa.

Thanks guys.  I never asked about Grundoon.  37 years later, I finally know I'm from a comic strip.   ;D

Ahh, yay!  I mean, Larrabee and I were both completely wrong in our guesses, but yay!  Answers!

I did Google Grundoon (now that I know how it's spelled!) and Wikipedia says this:  "Grundoon: A diapered baby groundhog (or "woodchunk" in swamp-speak). An infant toddler, Grundoon speaks only gibberish, represented by strings of random consonants like "Bzfgt," "ktpv," "mnpx," "gpss," "twzkd," or "znp." Eventually, Grundoon learns to say two things: "Bye" and "Bye-bye." He also has a baby sister, whose full name is Li'l Honey Bunny Ducky Downy Sweetie Chicken Pie Li'l Everlovin' Jelly Bean."

I guess the baby sister's name would've been too long to call you.  :)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1891
Centre Parcs Europe - Jimbo, I'm looking at you!
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2018, 04:47:32 PM »
That's great, my dad was a massive Pogo fan and I used to read the books all the time when I was about 10.  Didnt remember that name though. . Not surprising, it was full of wierd stuff from the 50s like the geographical year.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:51:22 PM by jimbocz »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2018, 05:29:10 PM »
I find it really heart warming.  My dad has always LOVED comics.  Or The Funnies as he calls them.  Reads them everyday.  And thinks everyone else does too.  "Did you see xxxx today?!?"

• Liked: 537
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2018, 06:11:44 PM »
I find it really heart warming.  My dad has always LOVED comics.  Or The Funnies as he calls them.  Reads them everyday.  And thinks everyone else does too.  "Did you see xxxx today?!?"

That's funny. We called them the Funnies too.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2018, 06:25:48 PM »
Ahh, yay!  I mean, Larrabee and I were both completely wrong in our guesses, but yay!  Answers!

Haha, I was sure I had it!  ;D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2018, 06:54:19 PM »
I told my husband about this conversation.  He is also insisting it's Right Turn Clyde.

I'll quiz my dad in more detail next time I talk to him.   ;)

Sponsored Links