Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Preparation of the new spouse application  (Read 1548 times)

• Liked: 46
Preparation of the new spouse application
« on: January 29, 2018, 02:17:48 PM »
Following our decision to get married, I decided to start preparing a new set of documents. Any advice/recommendation would be helpful. And thank you so much for all the assistance in advance!

My first question is about payslips. I will have 6 original payslips (they are posted to my fiance's address). Shall the company still write a letter that the payslips are authentic? Here is the text of the previous letter:

Date
To whom it may concern

I can confirm XXX has been employed with us for X years X months from XXX. He was employed on a salary of XXX per annum.

His current salary is XXX per annum and has been at this level since August 2017. He is on a permanent contract with us.
Yours sincerely

Senior Accounts/Payroll Assistant
Application#1(Fiance)
Bio-metrics Appointment and scan: 16th Nov
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 17th Nov
Decision Made E-Mail: 19th January 2018
43 business days, Rejection
Application #2 Spouse (from France)
Bio-metrics Appointment and docs scan 08 March 2018
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 05 April 2018
Decision made email from Visa center: 25 April 2018
32 business days

• Liked: 3595
Re: Preparation of the new spouse application
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 03:00:40 PM »
My first question is about payslips. I will have 6 original payslips (they are posted to my fiance's address). Shall the company still write a letter that the payslips are authentic?

Just to confirm you need 6 FULL MONTHS of payslips, not just 6 payslips... depending on the dates that the payslips cover, you may need to include 7 payslips in order to make sure you cover the whole of the 6 months. Same goes with the bank statements.

If the payslips have been issued by the company, on company paper, rather than being printed from the internet, then they are considered original and do not need to be authenticated.

Though if the employer wants to confirm in the letter that they are authentic they can still do that.

Here is the text of the previous letter:

Date
To whom it may concern

I can confirm XXX has been employed with us for X years X months from XXX. He was employed on a salary of XXX per annum.

His current salary is XXX per annum and has been at this level since August 2017. He is on a permanent contract with us.
Yours sincerely

Senior Accounts/Payroll Assistant

That letter looks like it covers the information needed, though it seems a little sparse.

I would also see if they can include:
-  his current job title,
- his original job title (if it has changed),
- the exact date of his promotion in August,
- whether he is full-time or part-time
...  just a little more detail to make the letter a bit more well-rounded.

Just a reminder that both the new letter and the most recent payslip and bank statement must be dated no more than 28 days before the date you submit the online application.

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 03:59:49 PM »
Just to confirm you need 6 FULL MONTHS of payslips, not just 6 payslips... depending on the dates that the payslips cover, you may need to include 7 payslips in order to make sure you cover the whole of the 6 months. Same goes with the bank statements.

If the payslips have been issued by the company, on company paper, rather than being printed from the internet, then they are considered original and do not need to be authenticated.

Though if the employer wants to confirm in the letter that they are authentic they can still do that.

@ksand24 , thank you so much for the response. I plan to re-apply on 15-16th of February so the payslips will be as of 31/01/2018, 31/12/2017, 30/11/2017, and submitted before 31/10/2017, 30/09/2017, 31/08/2017. I have more payslips, do you think it is useful to add them or better not?

Do you think it is better to have the employer to write that the payslips provided are authentic? My fiance's payslips come to his postal address in the private&confidential letter. There is the name of the company stated on it.
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 04:05:28 PM »
UK Visas and Immigration
Date __________
To whom it may concern

I can confirm XXX has been employed with us for __ years ___ months from the 21st March 2013. He was employed on a salary of XXX per annum.

He is currently employed as a Contracts Manager with the salary XXX per annum and has been at this level since August 2017. He is on a full-time permanent contract with us.

The payslips provided are authentic.

Yours sincerely

What about this one?
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 04:11:51 PM »
Another question is about his employer's information. My fiance is employes with Private Limited Company. In guidance it's written: Where the person is either a director or employee (or both) of a limited company based in the UK, evidence that the company is not a type specified in paragraph 9(a). This can include the latest Annual Return filed at Companies House.

Should I just print out the latest Annual Return? My fiance is an employee.
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 04:18:30 PM »
@ksand24 , thank you so much for the response. I plan to re-apply on 15-16th of February so the payslips will be as of 31/01/2018, 31/12/2017, 30/11/2017, and submitted before 31/10/2017, 30/09/2017, 31/08/2017. I have more payslips, do you think it is useful to add them or better not?

Do the payslips state the full pay period on them I.e. 1st - 31st August 2017, or just the last date: 31st August?

If it just says 31st August, at the moment, you're only covering 31st August 2017 to 31st January 2017, which is 5 months, not 6 months. You need to cover a full 6 months from the date of the last payslips, which would be July 31st 2017 to January 31st 2018.

To be safe, I would include the 31st July 2017 payslip as well.

And the bank statements need to cover a full 6 months AND show every payslip deposit.

Do you think it is better to have the employer to write that the payslips provided are authentic? My fiance's payslips come to his postal address in the private&confidential letter. There is the name of the company stated on it.

It's up to you. It's not actually needed as they are mailed to him.

The guidance just states:
(bb) Payslips must be:
(i) original formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name;
OR
(ii) accompanied by a letter from the employer, on the employer’s headed paper and signed by a senior official, confirming the payslips are authentic;

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 04:28:37 PM »
Another question is about his employer's information. My fiance is employes with Private Limited Company. In guidance it's written: Where the person is either a director or employee (or both) of a limited company based in the UK, evidence that the company is not a type specified in paragraph 9(a). This can include the latest Annual Return filed at Companies House.

Should I just print out the latest Annual Return? My fiance is an employee.

Hmm, I'm not sure - I don't remember anyone asking that before. What did you include in the first application?

Looking at the guidance, it states:

5.5.13. Where a person is either a director or employee of a limited company in the UK, or both and receives a salary from that company, that salaried income can be counted under Category A or Category B, provided that the limited company is not of a type specified in paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE (i.e. it is not in sole or limited family ownership). Evidence of the type of company must be provided, which can include the latest Annual Return filed at Companies House. A fee paid to a person appointed as a non-executive director of a company (and this is not a limited company in the UK of the type specified in paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE) instead of a salary may be treated and evidenced as though it were a salary paid for employment in that capacity

5.5.14. Paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE states that the specified type of limited company is one in which:
(i) the person is either a director or employee of the company, or both, or of another company within the same group;
and
(ii) shares are held (directly or indirectly) by the person, their partner or the following family members of the person or their partner: parent, grandparent, child, stepchild, grandchild, brother, sister, uncle, aunt, nephew, niece or first cousin;
and
(iii) any remaining shares are held (directly or indirectly) by fewer than five other persons.

So, I take that to mean that he can use his income under Category A as long as neither he nor his family members hold any shares in the company.

I assume then that Annual Return will be fine, though I'm not sure if a printout will be acceptable as all documents need to be originals... I would say you'll need to get hold of an official copy of it.

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 04:33:12 PM »
Do the payslips state the full pay period on them I.e. 1st - 31st August 2017, or just the last date: 31st August?

If it just says 31st August, at the moment, you're only covering 31st August 2017 to 31st January 2017, which is 5 months, not 6 months. You need to cover a full 6 months from the date of the last payslips, which would be July 31st 2017 to January 31st 2018.

Thank you @ksand24, very helpful. It is stated only 31/12/2017 on the payslip
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 04:37:35 PM »
Hmm, I'm not sure - I don't remember anyone asking that before. What did you include in the first application?

Well, I didn't include anything before, because he is only employee and doesn't have any interest/income apart from his salary. As soon as this is my second application (I hope the last), I just want to collect all possible evidence
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 04:40:13 PM »
Well, I didn't include anything before, because he is only employee and doesn't have any interest/income apart from his salary. As soon as this is my second application (I hope the last), I just want to collect all possible evidence

Yes, better to be safe than sorry :).

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 10:08:23 PM »
A few questions regarding application:
1) Have you ever used, or been known by, any other names? This includes a married name, maiden name, name at birth, professional name

After the marriage, I am going to take my fiance's surname, but I am going to change my surname in the documents later. Should I write his surname here or not?

2) Have you made an application to the Home Office to remain in the UK in the last 10 years?

Should I include my previous application here

3) Have you been refused entry to the UK in the last 10 years (for example at a UK airport or seaport)?

Is it about the entry only or about visa rejections as well?

4) Is there any other information you wish to be considered as part of your application?

Should I write more about my IELTS for UKVI, which wasn't accepted before here and the reasons for the previous application rejection
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 10:24:47 PM »
1) Your visa can only be issued in the name on your passport... so if you are not going to change the name in your passport before applying for the visa, you put your maiden name as your main name on the application. I’m not sure whether you should mention the new name on the application because you haven’t been know as that name in the past, it’s more your name for the future.

2) No - because you have never made an application to REMAIN in the U.K... those can only be made from inside the U.K. What you made was an application to ENTER the U.K.

3) it’s only about the entry - if you have been turned away at the border after arriving

4) I would put that in your cover letter, as that is where you address previous refusals. It’s up to you whether you also mention it in the additional information section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 11:12:35 PM »
Thank you so much @ksand24  all forum recommendations are very very helpful.

I don’t know if I am right, but I don’t want to use the lawyer for the 2d application... can’t trust to assemble my documents, I think I can do it better with the help of the forum.
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2018, 11:29:58 AM »
Should I submit every page of Sponsor's passport or just the front page? Should it be certified? Last time I submitted a simple copy of all the pages
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 11:32:22 AM »
Should my fiance write the Cover letter again, explaining our relationship path or it's not required, as soon as we submitted it last time? Should we write an explanation why we have decided to get married in Miami (because our fiance visa was rejected)?
Application#1(Fiance)
32 business days

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab