Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Finally booked it!  (Read 1161 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Finally booked it!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2018, 11:53:34 AM »
So one day shy of the entire month of October, you said?  Obviously time of year will affect her recommendations, as well as how much time you'll have over there.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 12:09:39 PM »
So one day shy of the entire month of October, you said?  Obviously time of year will affect her recommendations, as well as how much time you'll have over there.

No, no sorry! Confusing how I worded it. We will land on the last day of September and be there until the 15th of October.
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2018, 12:27:55 PM »
I do hear it's amazing! I think it will come down to what else we want to try to accomplish in our trip so we can look into if we can justify giving that day up.

In regards to climbing Mt. Fuji, they advise that if you are an inexperienced hiker, you only climb it during the official climbing season, which is July to mid-September. It takes between 5 and 10 hours to ascend (depending on trail taken) and 2 to 5 hours to descend (depending on trail).

They say only experienced climbers should attempt it in late June and late September, and that from October onwards, climbing to the summit is highly perilous due to extreme wind and weather conditions, plus snow, ice and risk of avalanches.

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 12:29:02 PM »
In regards to climbing Mt. Fuji, they advise that if you are an inexperienced hiker, you only climb it during the official climbing season, which is July to mid-September. It takes between 5 and 10 hours to ascend (depending on trail taken) and 2 to 5 hours to descend (depending on trail).

They say only experienced climbers should attempt it in late June and late September, and that from October onwards, climbing to the summit is highly perilous due to extreme wind and weather conditions, plus snow, ice and risk of avalanches.

Well that eliminates that for me! Haha the less choice, the better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 01:01:24 PM »
Well that eliminates that for me! Haha the less choice, the better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saved!  LOL!

How did the board game meetup go?

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 01:41:43 PM »
Saved!  LOL!

How did the board game meetup go?

Saved by the bell! :p Now I have an excuse for why I can't so I don't just seem lazy/out of shape! LOL 8)

Yeah, it was fun. It was the one guy that was able to make it who joined from Reddit and he brought 2 friends so there were 5 of us in total. The pub actually does trivia at 9PM, which is good to know for future hahaha. He brought like a whole carry-on filled with games. We played Sushi Go, Bang! The Dice Game (that one was ours and we taught that), Mysterium, and Cosmic Encounters. The last two are a lot heavier for sure. The first two we have and could definitely teach you easily enough. Cosmic Encounters I don't have but I think it'd be hard to teach you (especially if it wasn't your type of game). Mysterium I don't have either but could probably teach easily enough. All depends on how nerdy you want to get hahaha But yeah, was fun! Had a few beers and met some new people!
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 02:41:10 PM »
Saved by the bell! :p Now I have an excuse for why I can't so I don't just seem lazy/out of shape! LOL 8)

Yeah, it was fun. It was the one guy that was able to make it who joined from Reddit and he brought 2 friends so there were 5 of us in total. The pub actually does trivia at 9PM, which is good to know for future hahaha. He brought like a whole carry-on filled with games. We played Sushi Go, Bang! The Dice Game (that one was ours and we taught that), Mysterium, and Cosmic Encounters. The last two are a lot heavier for sure. The first two we have and could definitely teach you easily enough. Cosmic Encounters I don't have but I think it'd be hard to teach you (especially if it wasn't your type of game). Mysterium I don't have either but could probably teach easily enough. All depends on how nerdy you want to get hahaha But yeah, was fun! Had a few beers and met some new people!

Awesome!!

Sponsored Links