Author Topic: Lidl American week  (Read 448 times)

Offline x0Kiss0fDeath

• Liked: 336
Lidl American week
« on: January 30, 2018, 09:19:10 AM »
I feel like I would be doing those pickle lovers a disservice if I didn’t let you guys know..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jfkimberly

• Liked: 234
Re: Lidl American week
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 12:29:34 PM »
I feel like I would be doing those pickle lovers a disservice if I didn’t let you guys know..lol

Are they good?  No sugar?  Now I want a burger!

(Why is America Week at the end of January/early February?  Shouldn't it be the first week of July when we want to barbecue and roast marshmallows?)

I've never been to a Lidl, and I don't even know if there's one near me, but those marshmallows are begging to be made into Krispie treats...
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
Now just waiting out the clock for ILR.

Offline Eh127929

• Liked: 87
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 10:27:59 AM »
Are they good?  No sugar?  Now I want a burger!

(Why is America Week at the end of January/early February?  Shouldn't it be the first week of July when we want to barbecue and roast marshmallows?)

I've never been to a Lidl, and I don't even know if there's one near me, but those marshmallows are begging to be made into Krispie treats...

I’ve never been either..but there’s a brand new one down the road. I’m going to go today and check it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline historyenne

• erstwhile vespa girl
  • Britannicaine
  • Liked: 154
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 11:50:56 AM »
Unfortunately, Lidl's "American week" tends to be about what you'd expect of a German supermarket in the UK. "Hot dogs" in jars and made of pork. "Dill" pickles with sugar, etc. The marshmallows do look promising, though... those weren't there the last time I braved Lidl's American food.
On s'envolera du même quai
Les yeux dans les mêmes reflets,
Pour cette vie et celle d'après
Tu seras mon unique projet.

Je t'aimais, je t'aime, et je t'aimerai.

--Francis Cabrel

Offline camoscato

• Carl Amoscato - Freelance Video Editor
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 02:24:26 PM »
Unfortunately, Lidl's "American week" tends to be about what you'd expect of a German supermarket in the UK.

This line made me laugh aloud. Thanks, historyenne!  :)
There is no such thing as a video emergency.
My Demo Reel

Offline x0Kiss0fDeath

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 09:12:57 AM »
For some reason I wasn't update that there were comments so only just seeing this now! haha Every so often they throw in a new random "American thing" - some of which don't look to bad - and I get excited but yeah...I always get a kick out of American week because it's hardly what I would think of as American.

They have new themed weeks (some better than others) every week so American week comes up a fair amount...but the stereotypes of what they think is American can be hilariously insulting.

Offline jimbocz

• Liked: 726
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 11:25:13 AM »
Lidl might not be so great for American food, but I really like it for European food.  Yogurt and cheeses and most other things are usually better in German versions than UK version. They also have a really good in store bakery. 

Those giant marshmallows are good for roasting on a fire, but they are really big for anything else.

Offline x0Kiss0fDeath

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 11:34:51 AM »
Lidl might not be so great for American food, but I really like it for European food.  Yogurt and cheeses and most other things are usually better in German versions than UK version. They also have a really good in store bakery. 

Those giant marshmallows are good for roasting on a fire, but they are really big for anything else.

I can rarely ever go into Lidl and not leaved with some type of baked good....You walk in and it just smells like a little piece of heaven from all the fresh bread/bakery items.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Lidl. It's just the American stuff I find hilarious. I fine that certain weeks I have to stock up on stuff more than others haha. Asian week is a big hit in our home. I liked getting tapas stuff during Spanish week mainly because the little ceramic pots alone were worth it hahaha