Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: The Confession Booth  (Read 2003 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: The Confession Booth
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 04:25:03 PM »
Woo hoo! I love how the conversation moved from coffee to booze, seems appropriate for the title though!

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

I think Jimbo wanted us all to make confessions.  BLESS! 

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 04:44:33 PM »

And I made a special account just so it could be anonymous but stupid Tapatalk logged me in under jimbocz.  You guys had better not tell or I'm going to have to come sleep at your house.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 05:01:13 PM »

haha!

And I made a special account just so it could be anonymous but stupid Tapatalk logged me in under jimbocz.  You guys had better not tell or I'm going to have to come sleep at your house.

Ohmigosh, I want this to be true.  I did wonder about your subsequent posts about someone hacking your account.  Did the special account have a comedic name?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 05:02:07 PM »
I've already confessed that I was in my 20s before I figured out the significance of the brainsucker joke.  I don't know what more I could say.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 08:07:27 PM »
Don't worry Jimbo.
I've got a crush on one of the managers at work, who is from The People's Republic of South Yorkshire, and his voice is just luuuuusssshhhhhh.... stands out a mile amongst the  Weedgies, Bankies and Jeely Eaters.

• Liked: 36
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 11:07:00 PM »
I confess..  umm... errr..      uhmmmm...     errrrrrrrr  ...   

ok here's one of umm many..

Myself, my best mate and a good friend at university promised each other we'd NEVER EVER divulge what we got up to during the course of a night we named 'Captain Morgan Night'!

I've kept my side of the promise ever since 1992!

Not 'quite' as crazy as stuff in the Hangover movies and none of us got arrested etc, but some aspects were like that movie ;)

Cheers, DtM! West London & Slough UK!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 11:52:33 PM »
Huh. Confessions, eh?

Hmm. I went on a random last minute roadtrip with a guy I was friends with and kinda interested in. We were driving in the Rockies, I let him drive my car, and he nearly killed us speeding and driving crazy. We got pulled over and he got out of a wicked ticket (like 20 over) because a car whipped out in front of us and we had to avoid them.

That 24 hours sucked when I think back on it. We got pulled over twice, my car got rear ended when we were stopped at a red light. AND he was a douche and tried to convince me and my friend to have a threesome with him. I should have left him in Denver.

To be fair to me I was still healing from a concussion when this happened.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 02:49:29 AM »
Huh. Confessions, eh?

Hmm. I went on a random last minute roadtrip with a guy I was friends with and kinda interested in. We were driving in the Rockies, I let him drive my car, and he nearly killed us speeding and driving crazy. We got pulled over and he got out of a wicked ticket (like 20 over) because a car whipped out in front of us and we had to avoid them.

That 24 hours sucked when I think back on it. We got pulled over twice, my car got rear ended when we were stopped at a red light. AND he was a douche and tried to convince me and my friend to have a threesome with him. I should have left him in Denver.

To be fair to me I was still healing from a concussion when this happened.

I would not let a person I didn't trust drive my car!  Er... my car I had in the US.  My baby.  She was called Minizoom, and she was my best friend.  We traveled the US together, back and forth across the country more than once in our time together.  I sold her to my dad so I could move here... it was the only way I could bear to part with her.  My dad then promptly passed away four months later, and I insisted my mom sell the car because I couldn't bear the thought of my older sister having her.  Any random stranger was easier to accept.

Anyway, if some douche was driving her recklessly in the mountains and got pulled over, that would be the last time he drove my car.  Only I get to drive my car too fast.

(Did the douche cause the concussion?   :o )

• Liked: 537
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2018, 09:48:13 AM »
I would not let a person I didn't trust drive my car!  Er... my car I had in the US.  My baby.  She was called Minizoom, and she was my best friend.  We traveled the US together, back and forth across the country more than once in our time together.  I sold her to my dad so I could move here... it was the only way I could bear to part with her.  My dad then promptly passed away four months later, and I insisted my mom sell the car because I couldn't bear the thought of my older sister having her.  Any random stranger was easier to accept.

Anyway, if some douche was driving her recklessly in the mountains and got pulled over, that would be the last time he drove my car.  Only I get to drive my car too fast.

(Did the douche cause the concussion?   :o )
Nope, a car accident caused the concussion a few months prior. It took forever for me to get feel my usual self. It also made me an extreme lightweight when it came to alcohol.

I should have been more careful with her as she was only a year old by then. I had to get her after my previous car was totaled due to a weather related accident.

See the thing is I didn't know he was a bit of a douche until that experience.  ::)
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

The Confession Booth
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2018, 10:47:47 AM »
Excellent start Lyonaria!
I had a similar one where I rode back from a caving trip with a wild girl who decided to start drinking. This wasn't sure quick drive home from a bar, this was a 2 hour trip.  You think differently when you are 22 and even worse when the small head over rules the big head. We made it home OK but she was wasted.  Serious alcoholic sorority girl with a stomach ulcer at 21.
Drunk driving is not cool.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 10:49:58 AM by jimbocz »

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2018, 11:13:29 AM »
Here's one :
I took a girl I worked with on a first date of a paragliding lesson. I was friends with the instructor and it was a gorgeous day.  We were practicing the easiest thing to do, inflate the wing over your head while on level ground.  She was doing just fine until she turned her leg the wrong way and completely shredded all of the tendons and ligaments in her knee.  After spending 4 hours with her in the emergency room, I find out she had recently lost her virginity to some huge football guy and wanted nothing more to do with me.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2018, 12:05:57 PM »
I confess..  umm... errr..      uhmmmm...     errrrrrrrr  ...   

ok here's one of umm many..

Myself, my best mate and a good friend at university promised each other we'd NEVER EVER divulge what we got up to during the course of a night we named 'Captain Morgan Night'!

I've kept my side of the promise ever since 1992!

Not 'quite' as crazy as stuff in the Hangover movies and none of us got arrested etc, but some aspects were like that movie ;)

Cheers, DtM! West London & Slough UK!
Does everyone have a 'Captain Morgans night'? I sure do... That stuff is evil, specially the 100 proof variety. 🤦‍♀️

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 02:03:37 PM »
We had many a Captain Morgan's night in my years of uni. We had windowsills lined with the bottles and handles(1.75L bottles) 
 Plus something called 'The Pole'.  And our made up holiday of St. Patrick's Day II.  And a giant punch bowl.  And a CD of Irish Drinking songs on repeat.  And the soggiest deck of cards in existence for playing a**hole and other drinking games.  Plus Rockette style dancing to said Irish Drinking songs. Plus Billy Joel's Piano Man which we sang and had coordinated drinking to. And the guy who lived on the couch and would just go to bed right in the middle of the evening.  And many other happy memories where I am incredibly grateful there was no such thing as social media.
We weren't a frat/sorority group, but as a rag tag tangle of musicians, artists and a few wannabees, we sure had fun. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 02:26:21 PM »
See the thing is I didn't know he was a bit of a douche until that experience.  ::)

Okay, this I understand.  I guess you got over that 'interest' pretty quickly.  :)

Does everyone have a 'Captain Morgans night'? I sure do... That stuff is evil, specially the 100 proof variety. 🤦‍♀️

I don't have a "Captain Morgan Night"...!  Maybe I should.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2018, 02:31:50 PM »
We had many a Captain Morgan's night in my years of uni. We had windowsills lined with the bottles and handles(1.75L bottles) 
 Plus something called 'The Pole'.  And our made up holiday of St. Patrick's Day II.  And a giant punch bowl.  And a CD of Irish Drinking songs on repeat.  And the soggiest deck of cards in existence for playing a**hole and other drinking games.  Plus Rockette style dancing to said Irish Drinking songs. Plus Billy Joel's Piano Man which we sang and had coordinated drinking to. And the guy who lived on the couch and would just go to bed right in the middle of the evening.  And many other happy memories where I am incredibly grateful there was no such thing as social media.
We weren't a frat/sorority group, but as a rag tag tangle of musicians, artists and a few wannabees, we sure had fun.
I was in the university pep band (for division one hockey), ultimate Frisbee team, women's hockey team, a theater group, and campus newspaper. Each group was unique but all had their own nights! (I miss the days when I could still do sports)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links