Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Dog & Cats from US to UK 2018  (Read 6214 times)

• Liked: 3
Re: Dog & Cats from US to UK 2018
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2018, 12:54:33 PM »
The UK does not recognize them, but you can fly to the UK with an ESA if your flight is originating in the US with a US carrier such as Delta, American, etc. You obviously need to check with the carrier first, but I have been in contact with Delta and the Heathrow ARC to double check all of this. Unless they just changed the rules in the last month or so. You have to pay £366 for preapproval with the Heathrow ARC since they are not an ADI approvied service animal, but the money is not an issue here.

That's great to know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 25
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2018, 04:59:56 PM »
I am starting to map out my journey from Denver to LHR with two cats. I don't have my visa yet so I'm simply making sure I have my ducks in a row so that I'm not surprised!

Aside from the veterinarian health cert, USDA sign off, getting large enough/airline approved crates, and BA cargo booking, I was curious about what to expect when we land. I'm sure it's somewhere on these forums but after a little searching I couldn't find what I was looking for. If we travel together on the same flight:

-When am I likely able to collect them (am I looking at a few hours or is this a go home, take a nap, come back to Heathrow sort of situation)?
-What fees should I expect per cat at the Animal Reception Centre? How is that paid?
If you've used a pet transport service, is the customs clearance fee the same as the fees paid at the ARC or are the fees for ARC to be paid by the pet owner directly?

Thanks for any help folks can provide!
Type of Application: Priority Settlement Spouse Visa
Online Application: 24 Feb 18 from CO
Biometrics: 27 Feb 18 in CO
Application sent: 28 Feb 18
Decision email received: 28 Mar 18 (16 BD)
Passport received: 30 Mar 18
Landed in UK: 4 Apr 18

FLR(m) 2020
Applied: 7 Sept 20
Biometrics: 16 Oct 20
Granted: 6 Nov 20

ILR-SET(m)
Applied: 8 Mar 23
Biometrics: 27 Mar 23
Granted: 28 Mar 23

Citizenship
Applied: 17 July 23
Biometrics: 04 Aug 23
Granted: 13 Nov 2023
Ceremony booked: 16 January 2024🇬🇧

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2018, 05:05:35 PM »
My kitties landed at Heathrow around 7:30am and were released around 11am.  They were not the first animals to arrive that day so had to wait until their turn.  After they arrived at the ARC they were taken out of their crates and put into a pen together with a litter tray (the paperwork was clear that they were buddies and would be comforted by each other).  So it was a few hours of a wait but they were happy and together during that time.

I used a shipping company and just paid them directly.  I think it varies from airline to airline as to if the cost of the animals as cargo includes the clearance fees or not. 

• Liked: 25
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2018, 05:09:57 PM »
My kitties landed at Heathrow around 7:30am and were released around 11am.  They were not the first animals to arrive that day so had to wait until their turn.  After they arrived at the ARC they were taken out of their crates and put into a pen together with a litter tray (the paperwork was clear that they were buddies and would be comforted by each other).  So it was a few hours of a wait but they were happy and together during that time.

I used a shipping company and just paid them directly.  I think it varies from airline to airline as to if the cost of the animals as cargo includes the clearance fees or not.

Thanks for that! So you didn't have to pay anything to ARC yourself because you paid the shipping company?

I'm assuming that the cats were in individual crates for the journey itself right? Making sure I know what's up - like an idiot I didn't notice that the movers packed up the crates that I intended to ship them in so I have to buy them again (and then get them once it lands in the UK). Did your shipping company provide the crates or did they use ones you already owned?
Type of Application: Priority Settlement Spouse Visa
Online Application: 24 Feb 18 from CO
Biometrics: 27 Feb 18 in CO
Application sent: 28 Feb 18
Decision email received: 28 Mar 18 (16 BD)
Passport received: 30 Mar 18
Landed in UK: 4 Apr 18

FLR(m) 2020
Applied: 7 Sept 20
Biometrics: 16 Oct 20
Granted: 6 Nov 20

ILR-SET(m)
Applied: 8 Mar 23
Biometrics: 27 Mar 23
Granted: 28 Mar 23

Citizenship
Applied: 17 July 23
Biometrics: 04 Aug 23
Granted: 13 Nov 2023
Ceremony booked: 16 January 2024🇬🇧

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2018, 05:13:13 PM »
Thanks for that! So you didn't have to pay anything to ARC yourself because you paid the shipping company?

I'm assuming that the cats were in individual crates for the journey itself right? Making sure I know what's up - like an idiot I didn't notice that the movers packed up the crates that I intended to ship them in so I have to buy them again (and then get them once it lands in the UK). Did your shipping company provide the crates or did they use ones you already owned?

Mine were in individual crates for the journey.  It was required then, but may have changed as that was several years ago.

My shipping company provided the crates as I was already in the UK (corporate relocation).  They were HUGE.  I still have them.  What I owned was waaaaaaaay to small for the minimum requirement by the airline.

And yes, I just paid the one lump sum to the shipping company and they paid for all the other items (vet visits, certificates, crates, ARC fees, etc.). 

• Liked: 30
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 03:27:26 PM »
For those of you who have transported a pet through France (CDG), other than the fee to fly your pet (we are planning Air France- So 200 euros for the flight), is there a fee payable to the airport when we pick my cat up?

We have budgeted 200 euros for the flight, 150USD for petrol round trip, 110USD for train round trip (I am driving from England to Paris and back to get my parents and cat) and my parents are covering vet costs. Aside from the fact that petrol is a variable cost, am I missing anything major here?
Met: Aug 2013
Started Dating: Oct 2013
Engaged: Sept 2017
Online app submitted: 17 Oct 2017
Biometrics & mailed in: 20 Oct 2017
Received by Sheffield: 23 Oct 2017
Decision email:

Sponsored Links