Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone know where to buy, cheap wire shelves  (Read 1081 times)

• Liked: 674
Anyone know where to buy, cheap wire shelves
« on: February 04, 2018, 09:56:54 AM »
Looking for a wire shelving unit, about 5 ft tall and 3-ish feet wide. Found two on Amazon - had ordered one before I realized it was mat gray coated metal (hopefully the order is cancelled). Prefer chrome finish.  . Ordered it while not fully awake and because it was cheap. Then read the reviews (duh).

Amazon basics has one for about 44pounds.

Does anyone know of anywhere they might be available cheaper? A google has not gotten me a better price, so far.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Anyone know where to buy, cheap wire shelves
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 10:02:28 AM »
They are cheaper than that on eBay, new.

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 10:12:02 AM »
Hmm, I looked there and didn't see them. Will try again. Thanks.

Also looked at diy.com, Costco, etc....

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 10:14:58 AM »
Yeah, I found that page, but so far it looks like a lot of those are actually a coated metal, not a bright chrome. Still looking, thanks!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 10:19:24 AM »
What about this one?  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrome-Wire-Shelving-Unit-Storage-Racking-New-Heavy-Duty-Commercial-Shelf/253393182731?epid=1287543888&hash=item3aff69200b:g:uD4AAOSwODFabYqT

It’s worth contacting the sellers too, you can ask if they have the shiny chrome finish, save you some time sifting through all the listings.  :)

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2018, 02:46:54 PM »
Wow, that's perfect, thanks!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 11:20:18 AM »
Not sure if they're 'cheap', as it's been a wee while since I bought any, but quality wise, you can't go wrong with shelving from Nisbets  - They're commercial catering but anyone can buy from them.  I have shelving in my storeroom from them and they're top quality.  Strong enough for lots of beer making equipment, kitchen appliances, etc. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 12:38:59 PM »
The original shelves I ordered, before realizing they were powder-coated gray, were in process to ship. The vendor offered me 10% off to continue the order, so I told them that if there were no other problems with the shelves (no flaws/faults) I'd take them with the discount. So hopefully they will be here by the end of the week.

Which is good, because my pepper plant is already trying to grow through the first shelf up and needs more space!  This grow light is doing great for the basil, parsley, and cilantro, too!

• Liked: 6
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 01:31:35 PM »
I am having the same issue trying to find the chrome ones, our kitchen has no storage space..we have one drawer! So I want a cheap option for the room next to the kitchen to add storage.  I found the Omar at Ikea but £66 seems expensive when it's selling for like $50 I think in US.  Also not sure I love the idea of open shelving bc everything gets dusty, but closed units are more £££. I've been hesitating since Dec. on pulling the trigger, so indecisive about everything..I bet once I decide, not only will I hate it but it will go on sale 😁
UK Spouse Visa
Arrival to UK:                            3rd May 2017
FLR(M) Application:                1st Jan 2020. [Standard]
FLR(M) Biometrics:                 27th Feb 2020.
FLR(M) Approval:                     6th Mar 2020.

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 02:18:07 PM »
I have some inexpensive wooden Ikea shelves next to our fridge, and keep the trash/recycling cans under the lowest shelf, the cast iron stuff the next shelf up, and the next two shelves are an open pantry.  As long as I keep things neat and orderly, I don't think it looks that bad - and it's easy for me to remember what canned goods (etc) I need from the shop. It also kind of takes the edge off this incredibly "modern" kitchen (gloss white everywhere, with black slate floor).

I did go with the silver powder-coated wire shelf unit after all, and it arrived yesterday. It's put together, and looks nice enough - it's basically a large plant-stand, after all. And it doesn't put out the beams of light that the shorter chrome one we were using did when the grow light is on. It cost about 25 pounds, and is just a hair under five feet tall. There are adjustable feet on it, which is nice since our floor has a definite slope to it.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 09:14:34 AM »
I have some inexpensive wooden Ikea shelves next to our fridge, and keep the trash/recycling cans under the lowest shelf, the cast iron stuff the next shelf up, and the next two shelves are an open pantry.  As long as I keep things neat and orderly, I don't think it looks that bad - and it's easy for me to remember what canned goods (etc) I need from the shop. It also kind of takes the edge off this incredibly "modern" kitchen (gloss white everywhere, with black slate floor).

I did go with the silver powder-coated wire shelf unit after all, and it arrived yesterday. It's put together, and looks nice enough - it's basically a large plant-stand, after all. And it doesn't put out the beams of light that the shorter chrome one we were using did when the grow light is on. It cost about 25 pounds, and is just a hair under five feet tall. There are adjustable feet on it, which is nice since our floor has a definite slope to it.

I pulled the trigger on the Omar...now I get to argue with my husband about how it should look tidy and pretty and he feels it should be functional as it is not an art piece....and now I am worried having foods out like gains in their original packaging will lead to mice which my husband is all “we don’t have mice”... obviously bc stuff was not out in the open before, I am sure if one visits he will tell his friends we are easy pickings...so now considering containers.
UK Spouse Visa
Arrival to UK:                            3rd May 2017
FLR(M) Application:                1st Jan 2020. [Standard]
FLR(M) Biometrics:                 27th Feb 2020.
FLR(M) Approval:                     6th Mar 2020.

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 01:40:25 PM »
I put the grains in glass Ikea storage jars.  :)

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2018, 01:05:30 AM »
Oh, the originally ordered shelves? They're working out just fine.  ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab