Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Rocket Launch Tonight at 6:30  (Read 1548 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Rocket Launch Tonight at 6:30
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 03:00:43 PM »
She is an astrophysicist, so she usually stands in the press area for the launches.

If she can get get tickets, I want one first.  ;D

Very cool!

Definitely go see one sometime.  I promise to not go... cuz if I do the rocket won't launch!!

• Liked: 342
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 03:03:20 PM »
What??!!!  Is she a massive space geek?  What was her experience like?  Could she see as much as we could?

A massive space geek since the age of about 7 after a lesson in school. It's not the first launch she has been to.  She has a work visa for the US. They have to stand a long way back too to avoid any fallout.  :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 03:17:44 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 342
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 03:14:24 PM »
Very cool!

Definitely go see one sometime.  I promise to not go... cuz if I do the rocket won't launch!!

That's what I'm like with the England rugby team.

• Liked: 163
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 04:07:40 PM »
I am fortunate enough to have seen many space shuttle launches and many more rocket launches.  But they NEVER get old.  At work we would be in meetings and get word that we were officially on at T minus 9 so no turning back.  We'd all flood outside to watch the shuttle launch.  There was always a grumpy old man or two who wouldn't go outside and say, "You've seen one launch, you've seen them all."  SOOOOOO not true. 

Lucky! When I was stationed at Vandenberg Air Force Base I got to see a Minuteman III and a Peacekeeper/MX missile launch. That was cool.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 04:21:08 PM »
Lucky! When I was stationed at Vandenberg Air Force Base I got to see a Minuteman III and a Peacekeeper/MX missile launch. That was cool.
I noticed that a few of the Space X launches have been and will be from Vandeberg.  That would certainly be worth the trip.

• Liked: 674
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 08:50:12 AM »
OMG, that would be SOOOOOO cool, to get to see one of those go up!!!! When I was a kid we all crowded, at school, out into the hallway by the principal's office, where they hooked up a TV, to watch the Mercury missions.... I really, really, REALLY wanted to be an Astronaut when I grew up.

I still do.  ;D

But alas, that's not happening. As is the solar orbit for the Space Oddity car. Apparently it missed it's trajectory towards Mars and will now continue on out towards the asteroid belt instead of going into orbit between the sun and Mars.  (Bet that'll blow the airbags!)

Had totally forgotten about Hitch-hiker's Guide, and was thinking how odd "don't panic" was on the screen.... brings back a lot of good memories. Now have to see if I kept my paperback copy - may well have - and reread it. ... I wonder if bell-bottom jeans will ever come back in style? They were starting to pop up in SoCal here and there before we left....  8)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:59:14 AM by Nan D. »

• Liked: 1891

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab