Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Visa Application Questions  (Read 767 times)

• Chicago --> Cambridge
  • Liked: 17
Visa Application Questions
« on: February 19, 2018, 02:25:02 PM »
Hello everyone!

I am in the process of applying for a visa to join my husband in England.  He's British and I am American and we were married in England this past October.  I am currently in the US in order to legally apply for my visa.  I will be applying for a settlement visa with the subcategory of wife. 

I have decided to go through the process of applying on my own and not hire a lawyer or an outside company to help. The fees are very high and we just can't afford it.  I was wondering if anyone on here has applied on their own and were you successful?  I just worry that with all the paper work and tiny little details required to be completed that I'll miss something... I have done a great deal of research and have everything I need to prove our relationship, finances, where we'll live, etc., but there always seems to be something new the comes up along the way. 

If anyone can share their experience while applying for a Settlement visa for marriage or offer any advice I would be so grateful. 

Thank you!

Annie
July 2013: Met in Chicago
June 2016: His contract ended and we moved to UK (visitor visa)
December 2016: Visitor visa expired - I move back to US
May 2017: Apply for Marriage visitor visa
July 17: Marriage visitor visa approved
10/12/17  Married in the UK!
12/2017: I go back to US to apply for visa.
Biometrics Appointment: 03/09/18
Mailed in my application: 03/21/18
Passport Received: 04/18/18
Moved to UK 05/25/18
Spouse Visa good until 02/15/21
Applied to renew: 12/22/20
Approved: 04/04/21

• Liked: 6110
Re: Visa Application Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 02:42:09 PM »
Hello everyone!

I am in the process of applying for a visa to join my husband in England.  He's British and I am American and we were married in England this past October.  I am currently in the US in order to legally apply for my visa.  I will be applying for a settlement visa with the subcategory of wife. 

I have decided to go through the process of applying on my own and not hire a lawyer or an outside company to help. The fees are very high and we just can't afford it.  I was wondering if anyone on here has applied on their own and were you successful?  I just worry that with all the paper work and tiny little details required to be completed that I'll miss something... I have done a great deal of research and have everything I need to prove our relationship, finances, where we'll live, etc., but there always seems to be something new the comes up along the way. 

If anyone can share their experience while applying for a Settlement visa for marriage or offer any advice I would be so grateful. 

Thank you!

Annie

Hi Annie!

Almost all of us here have done it and most of us have done it on our own!  :)

We'll definitely help you through it as there are countless little ways that you can be tripped up by the process.

Why don't you join us in the visa forum and start by posting a list of everything you intend to include with your application and we can check it over for you?

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?board=17.0

Sponsored Links