Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Best UK Savings Account (and Advice)  (Read 1339 times)

• Liked: 253
Best UK Savings Account (and Advice)
« on: February 24, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »
So I'm officially employed and going to start saving up for the next visa app. I want to open a savings account to put all my stuff in. I wondered if anyone had any advice on the best savings accounts to use. I'm already with Nationwide for main banking.

Also if anyone has any awesome money saving tips and tricks to save up loads for the visa, I would appreciate it.
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

• Liked: 6110
Re: Best UK Savings Account (and Advice)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 06:08:27 PM »
So I'm officially employed and going to start saving up for the next visa app. I want to open a savings account to put all my stuff in. I wondered if anyone had any advice on the best savings accounts to use. I'm already with Nationwide for main banking.

Also if anyone has any awesome money saving tips and tricks to save up loads for the visa, I would appreciate it.

Have a look at what Martin Lewis has to say. His website always keeps on top of the best rates.  https://www.moneysavingexpert.com

Looks like Tesco bank is still offering 3% on the first £3,000 which is pretty good!. Or there is 5% on the first £2,500 at Nationwide but there are conditions.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts#interest

A regular saver account would be another option too.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:26:00 PM by larrabee »

• Liked: 149
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 06:21:42 PM »
The best offers for me are on putting money into a one year fixed bond....1.95% with Atom......1.78% with National savings. I'm still sitting on my thumbs......There are savings accounts in the lowish 1+%.....which we also need to do. The Martyn Lewis site is a good one for this. We currently are letting our money foolishly sit at Lloyds for almost nothing.....
Fred

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 07:03:13 PM »
Set up a standing order to your savings account each month on the first.  Try to have it going to an account that you can’t access.   :)

Save all your loose change in a piggy bank that has to be broken.

Sponsored Links