Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Doggo Prep  (Read 2326 times)

• Liked: 59
Doggo Prep
« on: February 26, 2018, 02:58:45 PM »
Hi guys, I am preparing the dog now for the impending move (aside from the things that have to be done within that small time range)

She has a pet watch microchip, 14/15 digit, I think it should probably be okay?

Also how much has it cost you all to do the vet visits for the certificate and deworming and such?

I am afraid to ask these questions and jinx the visas but I gotta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Decision: Approved (04/11/2018)

• Liked: 68
Re: Doggo Prep
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 10:25:42 PM »
Hi guys, I am preparing the dog now for the impending move (aside from the things that have to be done within that small time range)

She has a pet watch microchip, 14/15 digit, I think it should probably be okay?

Also how much has it cost you all to do the vet visits for the certificate and deworming and such?

I am afraid to ask these questions and jinx the visas but I gotta

It really depends on your vet. I did the preliminary paperwork during his annual visit in January, we got a new microchip and did rabies the same day. My vet did charge me for the preliminary work because she sends it off to the local USDA office to have it checked before hand - this was $45.

When it comes time to eventually move, it will be another $150, but I was told that this includes the USDA certification. I am kind of doubting this is accurate... I think that they probably want to charge me $150 more and then I get to pay the $130ish for the APHIS cert. I'm not entirely sure, but I'm mentally prepping myself for it to be about $300 for the next steps.

Then, the last cost at my vet's office will be somewhere between $20-25 for the tapeworm treatment.

I honestly would have looked around more except that I have been going to this office for literally 25 years. My vet died last year however and this was the first time seeing the vet the took over the practice. She's fine... but she's not my vet and she's raised prices quite a bit from what they used to be. I figured it was just easier than finding a new USDA certified vet.

I also live in the midwest, so someone may laugh at these prices since I have no idea what vets cost anywhere else in the US.
Type of Application: Settlement Spouse Visa (non priority)
Met Husband: 10 September 2015
Got married: 13 October 2017
Online application: 26 Nov 2017
Decision email received: 8 March 2018 (68 BD)
Passport received: 12 March 2018 - APPROVED!
Arrived in the UK: 31 March 2018
FLR(M) Extension Submitted: 15 September 2020
Submitted Documents and Biometrics via IDV: 8 October 2020
FLR(M) Approval: 30 December 2020
SET(M) Submitted: 15 July 2023
Submitted Docs & Biometrics: 10 August 2023
SET (M) Approved: 13 October 2023

Doggo Prep
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 01:04:54 PM »
It really depends on your vet. I did the preliminary paperwork during his annual visit in January, we got a new microchip and did rabies the same day. My vet did charge me for the preliminary work because she sends it off to the local USDA office to have it checked before hand - this was $45.

When it comes time to eventually move, it will be another $150, but I was told that this includes the USDA certification. I am kind of doubting this is accurate... I think that they probably want to charge me $150 more and then I get to pay the $130ish for the APHIS cert. I'm not entirely sure, but I'm mentally prepping myself for it to be about $300 for the next steps.

Then, the last cost at my vet's office will be somewhere between $20-25 for the tapeworm treatment.

I honestly would have looked around more except that I have been going to this office for literally 25 years. My vet died last year however and this was the first time seeing the vet the took over the practice. She's fine... but she's not my vet and she's raised prices quite a bit from what they used to be. I figured it was just easier than finding a new USDA certified vet.

I also live in the midwest, so someone may laugh at these prices since I have no idea what vets cost anywhere else in the US.
I know prices are going to be all over the place for different locations, but I think I just wanted to see if I could get a number in general so it’s not so daunting.

I have been combing through the city via google to find a USDA certified vet, and I am nervous that one of the few places is called town and country vet, sounds too fancy for the likes of my wallet

Thank you for your input!!

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 09:54:39 PM »
Took my dog to the vet today. I have her microchip page saying she was implanted on July 28, 2016

I then have a sep paper saying she got her rabies vaccine on July 28,2016 and again another paper from her last rabies vaccine from July 28, 2017

But because there is no microchip number on these sep papers my vet today gave my dog a 3 year rabies shot (a booster as hers is still valid) and had the certificate done up with her microchip number.

Now he says I will have to wait 21 days, and I am a little disappointed he didn’t let me go to my old vet to try and rectify her old certificate :/

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 10:19:22 PM »
I guess I should have added in that rant, will the three year be okay? 

And would the separate papers have caused issues?

• Liked: 68
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 02:17:22 PM »
I guess I should have added in that rant, will the three year be okay? 

And would the separate papers have caused issues?

The three year shot is fine, that's what my dog has as well. I had to get my dog a new microchip since I had a North American microchip originally, so we got a new microchip and a rabies shot in the same day so that all of the paperwork is accurate.

I'm not sure if the separate papers would have caused an issue, but you do need to have a vet sign off on the USDA paperwork stating when the rabies vaccine was given and the microchip associated with it.
Type of Application: Settlement Spouse Visa (non priority)
Met Husband: 10 September 2015
Got married: 13 October 2017
Online application: 26 Nov 2017
Decision email received: 8 March 2018 (68 BD)
Passport received: 12 March 2018 - APPROVED!
Arrived in the UK: 31 March 2018
FLR(M) Extension Submitted: 15 September 2020
Submitted Documents and Biometrics via IDV: 8 October 2020
FLR(M) Approval: 30 December 2020
SET(M) Submitted: 15 July 2023
Submitted Docs & Biometrics: 10 August 2023
SET (M) Approved: 13 October 2023

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 02:20:08 PM »
The three year shot is fine, that's what my dog has as well. I had to get my dog a new microchip since I had a North American microchip originally, so we got a new microchip and a rabies shot in the same day so that all of the paperwork is accurate.

I'm not sure if the separate papers would have caused an issue, but you do need to have a vet sign off on the USDA paperwork stating when the rabies vaccine was given and the microchip associated with it.
Thank you!

I was considering going to another vet for their opinion but I think I’ll just wait the 21 days with this vet. I’m glad to hear your three year was okay!

Sponsored Links