Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: SNOOOOOOOW  (Read 4761 times)

• Liked: 424
Re: SNOOOOOOOW
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 04:51:58 PM »
When I had half ocelots they love the snow, couldn't get them to stop racing around and come in! George on the other hand got his first chance the last good snow we had, and he was NOT impressed! Sat between my feet shivering and wanted rescuing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 04:52:57 PM »
When I had half ocelots they love the snow, couldn't get them to stop racing around and come in! George on the other hand got his first chance the last good snow we had, and he was NOT impressed! Sat between my feet shivering and wanted rescuing.

Awwww, poor George!  :D

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2018, 04:59:23 PM »
We have three borzois who are Russian dogs... the snow all kinda balls up in their paws which they hate!!  They are all in front of the fire at the moment.  We are in Dorset and also have three horses.  It's blizzarding outside and I'm putting off going outside and attending to their hay etc!!  Want to stay in with dogs.  Someone said put shortening on their paws to stop the snow build-up....?
 :o

Ohhhhhhh dog pics??? :D

I'm about to take Faelynn out now and it looks windy and gross...I'm not even close to mentally prepared enough for this. I would actually rather study for the Life in the UK test than leave the house right now...  ::)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 585
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2018, 07:18:16 PM »
We have three borzois who are Russian dogs...

Foties please!!
I love sighthounds, including borzoi!!  I follow (and donate to) a Spanish galgo rescue, and they are about to take delivery of 4 borzoi that have been rescued from the meat trade in China...can't wait for them to get their happy ending!

• Liked: 154
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2018, 07:27:52 PM »
I think I’m the only city in all of the UK who’s barely had any snow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 09:06:00 PM »
Foties please!!
I love sighthounds, including borzoi!!  I follow (and donate to) a Spanish galgo rescue, and they are about to take delivery of 4 borzoi that have been rescued from the meat trade in China...can't wait for them to get their happy ending!

If you have Instagram you can see Mylo and Lily on @mylopants!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2018, 10:05:26 AM »
If you have Instagram you can see Mylo and Lily on @mylopants!

Can confirm! I follow :)
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2018, 11:05:58 AM »
can't wait for them to get their happy ending!
Albatross, wrong thread.  That's been covered in the Cat Lady Forever thread.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2018, 01:45:45 PM »
Albatross, wrong thread.  That's been covered in the Cat Lady Forever thread.

Elly is enjoying the weather... Not enough cats in here.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 0
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2018, 03:40:48 PM »
Hi Liza!  Am I correct in thinking you are new to the forum?  Welcome!  I fully support staying in with the dogs and keeping warm and dry.

Shortening?  Like Crisco?  Can you get that here?
Hi!! Yes am new.  I heard Flora White is like Crisco, and so is Trex, and yes, it sounds messy!! And the snow was even worse today as it had started to soften byt then we had freezing rain and the snow has got a thick crust of ice on it .... ponios and dawgs NOT happy  :-\\\\....Will try and post some pics but they won't be snowy ones.  My phone died yesterday..... Booooooo!!

How do I insert a photo on a message?? #spot the technophobe!?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 03:48:43 PM by LizaPonio »
If you're lucky enough to ride a horse, you're lucky enough xx

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2018, 04:15:47 PM »
Hi!! Yes am new.  I heard Flora White is like Crisco, and so is Trex, and yes, it sounds messy!! And the snow was even worse today as it had started to soften byt then we had freezing rain and the snow has got a thick crust of ice on it .... ponios and dawgs NOT happy  :-\\\\....Will try and post some pics but they won't be snowy ones.  My phone died yesterday..... Booooooo!!

How do I insert a photo on a message?? #spot the technophobe!?

If you're on the actual website, you'll just go below the box you're replying in to where it says "attach" and you can choose the file and upload it. If you use Taptalk you can pull it even easier directly from your phone (which won't help if your phone is dead haha).

Yeah mine was getting compacted snow stuck in the fur above her paws. She didn't even mind but I didn't want it melting and getting the floors wet as it melted so I pretty much just picked it off.
My, how time flies....

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2018, 06:24:08 PM »
Here we are....trying to post photos....at the bottom of my box, I see "Attachments and other options" but all it says is Notify me of replies etc.  I have a small box above the emojis that if I click on it, it says 'Insert image' but when I press that it comes up ??  :o Sorry to be so dumb...

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2018, 06:52:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Liza :).

Here we are....trying to post photos....at the bottom of my box, I see "Attachments and other options" but all it says is Notify me of replies etc.  I have a small box above the emojis that if I click on it, it says 'Insert image' but when I press that it comes up ??  :o Sorry to be so dumb...

The [img*][/img*] (I added the * so it shows up) is for when you want to link to a file already uploaded to the internet, such as in a Google search or on another website.

It's this button here to attach a file (hope this works):

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2018, 08:47:02 PM »
Gee, thanks, but I don't get that option showing up on my screen, and I'm on my laptop.  Hmmm...don't know what I'm doing wrong.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:51:40 PM by LizaPonio »

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2018, 08:54:56 PM »
Gee, thanks, but I don't get that option showing up on my screen, and I'm on my laptop.  Hmmm...don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Hmm, I wonder if it's because you're a new member of the forum - you might need to make a certain number of posts before all the options are available to you.

Looking in the help section, the section that mentions 'attachments' says:
The following options are only available to administrators and members with special permissions:
Announce topic - This will send the topic as an announcement via e-mail either to all members who are able to view this topic or to a subset of those members.
Lock this topic - This prevents members who don't have moderation privileges from replying to the topic.
Sticky this topic - This forces the topic to always be displayed at the top of the message index.
Move this topic - This moves the topic to a different board.
Attachments - If enabled, this feature allows users to attach files to their posts in the same way as most e-mail clients. Users simply have to browse to the relevant files on their computer before selecting Post. Multiple attachments, up to the limit set by the administrator, can be added to a single post by selecting the Additional Attachments link. Users can delete their attachments or add more by modifying their posts. The permitted file types and sizes are set by the forum administrator. Some forums may display image attachments in line with the post or show them as thumbnails below the post.
See: https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Posting#Additional_Options
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:56:16 PM by ksand24 »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab