Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Sponsorship letter Q & general spouse visa Qs  (Read 3970 times)

• Liked: 6
Sponsorship letter Q & general spouse visa Qs
« on: March 01, 2018, 10:23:02 PM »
hello guys,

So glad to have discovered this forum. I'm in the process of helping completing my spouse's visa application and I had a couple of questions. She is from the US and I am from the UK.

1. She has a US passport and a Kenyan passport that are neither expired yet. She also has an old expired kenyan passport. Which of these do we include in her application?

2. As her sponsor, do I need to write her a letter? I have seen this on other people's evidence list. If so, does anyone have a template I can follow please?

3. What other information of mine do I have to send with the application? Am I correct in thinking:
- My passport copy of the bio page - authenticated by a post office(?)
- 2 passport sized photographs
- Photocopy of page where I have a "New york" visit stamp when I visited her.

4. For our accomodation details, my family and I have been renting a property here for the last 9 years and continue to do so. Our tenenacy agreement will end in june and be renewed. It is a 4 bed house with myself, my younger brother, mother and father staying in it so there is plenty of space for her to join us. For this evidence I have:

- Tenancy agreement
- Letter from Landlord saying she is happy to have my wife stay with us

Is that okay? Or do I need anything else? Such as a property inspection report or a land registry?

5. To prove our relationship, How many pictures do I need of our whatsapp call log and messages? We have been talking on there for 1.5 Years.

In general then, how do I organise this documentation best for them to receive it?

Lastly, when we submit the application and I send her my evidence, she has to go for her biometric appointment - after this, she sends it to she Sheffield address right? How do they send her back the documents? What place would she go to in order to post these documents?

I know its a lot of questions and I apologise in advance, but thank you very much for your help.

Edit: Also, my father has just sent off his application for a new passport. I am assuming the passport number changes, but if I want to send off the application soon am I okay to use his old passport number? - this is for the Appendix 2 form when it asks you who else lives in the house.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 10:24:31 PM by Shabbir »
Sent to Sheffield: Tuesday 27th March 2018
Biometrics: 27th March
Confirmation Email received: 3rd April
Decision made email: 4th May
Package received: 7th May. Approved.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Sponsorship letter Q & general spouse visa Qs
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 05:54:46 AM »
Hi Shabbir. Welcome.  :)

How are you planning to meet the financial requirement?

hello guys,

So glad to have discovered this forum. I'm in the process of helping completing my spouse's visa application and I had a couple of questions. She is from the US and I am from the UK.

1. She has a US passport and a Kenyan passport that are neither expired yet. She also has an old expired kenyan passport. Which of these do we include in her application? She will need to include all of them.

2. As her sponsor, do I need to write her a letter? I have seen this on other people's evidence list. If so, does anyone have a template I can follow please? Yes. You need to include

1-How you qualify to sponsor her(British)
2-A brief paragraph about your relationship and why you are choosing to live in the UK. Keep it factual rather than emotional.
3-How you meet the financial requirement.
4-Information about your accommodation.

3. What other information of mine do I have to send with the application? Am I correct in thinking:
- My passport copy of the bio page - authenticated by a post office(?)
- 2 passport sized photographs
- Photocopy of page where I have a "New york" visit stamp when I visited her.

How are you meeting the financial requirement? You need to provide all of the evidence for the category you are relying on.

4. For our accomodation details, my family and I have been renting a property here for the last 9 years and continue to do so. Our tenenacy agreement will end in june and be renewed. It is a 4 bed house with myself, my younger brother, mother and father staying in it so there is plenty of space for her to join us. For this evidence I have:

- Tenancy agreement
- Letter from Landlord saying she is happy to have my wife stay with us

Is that okay? Or do I need anything else? Such as a property inspection report or a land registry?

That's fine. You might get the landlord to add in her letter that the lease will be renewed.

5. To prove our relationship, How many pictures do I need of our whatsapp call log and messages? We have been talking on there for 1.5 Years.

In general then, how do I organise this documentation best for them to receive it?

Lastly, when we submit the application and I send her my evidence, she has to go for her biometric appointment - after this, she sends it to she Sheffield address right? How do they send her back the documents? What place would she go to in order to post these documents?

Best just to use the vfs global service to buy pre-paid shipping labels then take it to UPS store.https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html

I know its a lot of questions and I apologise in advance, but thank you very much for your help.

Edit: Also, my father has just sent off his application for a new passport. I am assuming the passport number changes, but if I want to send off the application soon am I okay to use his old passport number? - this is for the Appendix 2 form when it asks you who else lives in the house.
That's fine, you can mention it in the any other information section.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:42:56 PM »
Thank you for your swift response!

I intend to show proof that I earn over the annual threshold of £18,600.

Ah okay. a prepaid label will mean my Spouse can print it from her PC, attach it on and go to a UPS store. Will this prepaid label mean they will return the documents to her also or does she need to purchase two?

That's good advice actually, I'll speak to my landlady to write this letter for us!
Thank you!

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 10:02:31 PM »
Thank you for your swift response!

I intend to show proof that I earn over the annual threshold of £18,600.

It's an absolute requirement to show proof and there are very specific documents you must send, and they must meet certain formatting.

Assuming you have been with your current employer, earning at least £18,600, for a minimum of 6 months, you will be Category A:

Mandatory Documents
- 6 full months of original payslips (not a day less) showing at least £1,550 before tax on each one, the latest dated no more than 28 days before the online application date
- 6 full months of original bank statements (not a day less) showing at least the deposit of each payslip, the latest dated no more than 28 days before the online application date
- a letter from your employer, dated within 28 days of the online application date, stating ALL of the following:
i) current employment and annual salary
ii) length of employment
iii) length of time earning current salary
iv) type of employment (full or part-time, permanent or temporary etc.)

Optional but recommended:
- your original job contract
- your latest P60

Ah okay. a prepaid label will mean my Spouse can print it from her PC, attach it on and go to a UPS store. Will this prepaid label mean they will return the documents to her also or does she need to purchase two?

She has a couple of options:

1) Purchase only the return label from VFS Global for $141 (2-day UPS shipping), then print it and include it in the package, then take the package to UPS or DHL and sort out the outbound shipping herself

or

2) Purchase round-trip shipping from VFS Global (2-day UPS shipping) for $227, then print both labels. The return one goes in the package and then you take the outbound one to UPS, get an envelope from them and ship it using the printed label

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 09:30:12 PM »
Okay, thank you, that is super useful to know the process of the shipping.

- your latest P60 - I started employment in November 2016 and my latest p60 from november to april only shows 9k on it (£23,500/anum). Will this be an issue? this is my latest P60. Or would you advice not including it just in case it causes confusion?

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 09:35:36 PM »
Okay, thank you, that is super useful to know the process of the shipping.

- your latest P60 - I started employment in November 2016 and my latest p60 from november to april only shows 9k on it (£23,500/anum). Will this be an issue? this is my latest P60. Or would you advice not including it just in case it causes confusion?

It's up to you - if it shows your current employer, then I would probably include it, just to show you were working for them at that time.

They cannot consider any income earned more than 6 months ago anyway, so it's really just to show you were employed.

The P60 is only optional. The guidance just states they might ask for it, which is why we recommend sending it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 09:37:10 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 08:38:33 PM »
that makes a lot of sense. You are marvellous help. bless you  :)

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 10:45:38 PM »
I had another question, As my spouse is doing her online application to join me in the UK, is it the requirement that she has to pay for it online or can I pay it for her? just as far as the process is concerned.

Thank you

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 05:44:22 AM »
I had another question, As my spouse is doing her online application to join me in the UK, is it the requirement that she has to pay for it online or can I pay it for her? just as far as the process is concerned.

Thank you

You can pay for her.

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 11:33:32 AM »
Wonderful. Thank you.

My Mrs is from New York and she works as a teacher. Now my question is, can she book the BRP appointment on a weekend or does it have to be on a week day? Just so I can let her know in advance she needs to let her employer know she will need a day off soon.

My other question was, how do I oraganise the screenshots for our whatsapp calls, messages etc? I was thinking of screenshotting them with a date stamp and putting like 4 per page of A4 (double sided) and colour printed. Will that be alright?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 11:34:38 AM by Shabbir »

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 11:48:47 AM »
I believe they only have appointments on weekdays, though she can check the opening hours of her nearest USCIS Centre here:
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

She can always book an appointment for one day and then try for a walk-in earlier.

In terms of screenshots, you want all of them from one source on only 2 pages of A4. Just a list of dates and times, so you should be able to get maybe 30 on a page.

Just a list of calls, for example:
- Name of caller, Jan 25th 12:25, 30 minutes
- Name of caller, Feb 1st 13:21, 65 minutes
- Name of caller, Feb 10th 08:12, 5 minutes
Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 11:56:40 AM »
won't they need Evidence of that list provided by screen shots?

As in what I mean is, how I am providing evidence for the relationship is the following:

1. Screenshots of whatsapp messages (1 for each month for the last 1.5 years)
2. Screenshots of calls made (1 for each month over the last 1.5 years)
3. Screen shots of my E-tickets to see her (3) screenshots of her e-ticket to come and see me (1)
4. 6 casual photos from all our visits.
5. 3 photos of our post civil marriage "meet and greet" celebration
6. 10 screen shots of gifts receipts during the course of our relationship
7. 3 photos of our civil marriage
8. Screenshots of e-mail correspondence, 1 a month for the last 1.5 years

I imagine the screenshots would probably span around 6-8 A4 pages. Is this okay?

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 12:02:20 PM by Shabbir »

Sponsorship letter Q & general spouse visa Qs
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 12:22:36 PM »
The screenshots of the calls and messages ARE your evidence - you take a screenshot from the app/program, crop out everything except the date/time/names and then paste them in a list. They don’t need to know what you talk about, they just need to see the number of times you talk.

However, everything else must be originals. So you should include your physical boarding passes from your flights (or the printed e-ticket you take to the airport).

You must also include original photos - but no more than 2 photos in total for the entire relationship.

You don’t need any gift receipt screenshots so you can take them out.

So, you need:
- marriage certificate
- 2 photos together
- all original boarding passes/tickets for trips to see each other
- any original letters/cards sent to each other
- 2 pages of WhatsApp screenshots
- 2 pages of email screenshots
- 2 pages of call log screenshots

Since you are only showing 1.5 years of relationship, I would include more than 1 screenshot per month (that’s more the number for a 5-year relationship). I would probably go with one every 1-2 weeks, maybe about 50-60 in total for each communication type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 12:26:27 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 12:53:33 PM »
I get you! That makes a lot of sense, Thank you!

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 11:19:37 PM »
Does anyone have an example of a letter they received from their landlord saying that they have no objection for their spouse to join them?

My landlord has asked me to draft it and they would sign it. I just want to make sure I format it properly. Any one care to share an example?

Another question i have is:
My wife has to supply her own passport and 2 photocopies correct? Now do those 2 photocopies have to be stamped saying they are genuine? or can they just be normal copies as she is already supplying the passport with it?

I had another question:
has it ever taken longer than 12 weeks to get a decision on the normal process?
Only because we are working with tight scales as me and my Mrs have planned a trip after our decision (it does not depend on the decision) but we need her passport back to be sent for a visa to enter our travel destination.

for this reason, I may now have to fast track this application - what is the best way to do this? what is the process?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 12:32:45 AM by Shabbir »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab