Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Unsure where to start  (Read 554 times)

• Liked: 28
Unsure where to start
« on: March 06, 2018, 04:50:02 PM »
Just looking for some advice on where to start. My husband (UKC) came back to the UK march 2017 and I (USC) followed in April 2017. We have one child who has dual citizenship. He was employed in the US until April and I was employed until March. His taxes here are already taken care of. He has been employed in the UK since march 2017. I have not worked in the UK at all. We have cash savings here and one US account with almost nothing in it just used to pay my student loans. We both have retirement accounts in the US that are just sitting at the moment. he has a retirement account here. We have no complex issues like investments or IRA's. We are up to date on all our filings for the last 8 years and our FBARs as well (The savings are in his name only). Do not meet threshold for form 8938.

We are planning on moving back to the US this year but don't see that having an affect on anything at the moment. Just unsure about this year. I know we will have to file similarly next year as he will have worked part of the year in the UK.

Do we need to file separately since he was the only one with any income, foreign and US? Are there any special forms? We don't ever owe any tax so I can't imagine we would this year either. I know it has to be paid by the tax date in April (17th I think).  Any advice would be appreciated!
Met: Sept 2008
US Fiancé Visa: June 2010
Married in US: July 2010
Son born: Feb 2012
Online Application: 24 Feb 2017
Biometrics: 27 Feb 3017
Sent application priority: 28 Feb 2017
Visa received: 29 Mar 2017--APPROVED!
Arrived in UK: 13 April 2017

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab