Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Sufficient Money for Stay in US?  (Read 1474 times)

• Liked: 6
Re: Sufficient Money for Stay in US?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2018, 03:04:43 PM »
Sorry to thread hijack, but I'm curious....

We're planning on visiting the US for the first time as a family.  Three children and one adult (me) with dual nationality (US/Brit), husband with just British.

We weren't planning on taking cash as it's easier to use credit cards etc these days.  Will I need to take a print out of my credit limit?

Would we need any other documents, we have return tickets and hotel tickets etc.  Obviously he has done ESTA already.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2018, 03:07:36 PM »
Sorry to thread hijack, but I'm curious....

We're planning on visiting the US for the first time as a family.  Three children and one adult (me) with dual nationality (US/Brit), husband with just British.

We weren't planning on taking cash as it's easier to use credit cards etc these days.  Will I need to take a print out of my credit limit?

Would we need any other documents, we have return tickets and hotel tickets etc.  Obviously he has done ESTA already.

I've never been asked for anything. 

I think the OP just wants to be prepared as he's visiting his girlfriend and wants to be ready if asked any questions.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2018, 03:17:11 PM »
I've never been asked for anything. 

I think the OP just wants to be prepared as he's visiting his girlfriend and wants to be ready if asked any questions.

Thanks, I didn't think much of it until I read this thread, then I went back into visa mode.  It should be obvious that a visit to Florida with Disney Hotel booking and a return ticket two weeks later is nothing but a vacation.

I'll stop overthinking it again!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2018, 05:15:17 PM »
Thanks, I didn't think much of it until I read this thread, then I went back into visa mode.  It should be obvious that a visit to Florida with Disney Hotel booking and a return ticket two weeks later is nothing but a vacation.

I'll stop overthinking it again!

Old habits die hard!  ;)

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2018, 06:29:12 PM »
Old habits die hard!  ;)

Still keeping mail?   ;D

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 06:33:09 PM »
Still keeping mail?   ;D

Some!    ....baby steps!  ;D

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 07:12:01 PM »
Some!    ....baby steps!  ;D

Today I was asking the payroll chick what she provides when people have visa applications.  Then I remembered, I don’t actually need to care!   :D

• Liked: 0
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 07:50:37 PM »
Haha yeah as i am visiting my GF i just want to be prepared.

It's the just in case. If i can spend an hour of my time organising various bits of documents to guarantee my entry i think it is good use of time.

The thing i can't decide now, is if i want to get a letter from my work to confirm i am on holiday for the period i am saying i am lol

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 07:53:16 PM »
Haha yeah as i am visiting my GF i just want to be prepared.

It's the just in case. If i can spend an hour of my time organising various bits of documents to guarantee my entry i think it is good use of time.

The thing i can't decide now, is if i want to get a letter from my work to confirm i am on holiday for the period i am saying i am lol

If it will make you feel more comfortable, then go ahead and do that.  :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab