Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Totally unrelated to the UK  (Read 1076 times)

• Liked: 672
Totally unrelated to the UK
« on: March 09, 2018, 03:25:31 PM »
But does anyone happen to know how one gets a bank draft that would use an Irish bank clearing house?  I need to file some paperwork with the Irish government and they are saying it has to be drawn on an Irish bank or use an Irish bank clearinghouse.

• Liked: 1891
Re: Totally unrelated to the UK
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 04:51:36 PM »
Find a leprechaun and follow him to the end of the rainbow?

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 05:03:12 PM »
Find a leprechaun and follow him to the end of the rainbow?

Dammit, Jim!  (I just really wanted to say that... and now I want to finish it with "She's a doctor, not a ...".)

No, but for real. I had looked at Nan's post and didn't have anything constructive to say, so I quietly backed away.  Then I was happy when I saw that someone had replied... but your advice is probably not helpful.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 584
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 05:54:24 PM »
But does anyone happen to know how one gets a bank draft that would use an Irish bank clearing house?  I need to file some paperwork with the Irish government and they are saying it has to be drawn on an Irish bank or use an Irish bank clearinghouse.

Not sure if it's *still* there, but there certainly used to be a Bank of Ireland branch in town... St Vincent Street, I think.  Pretty sure there was an Allied Irish Bank as well...

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 08:30:35 PM »
Thanks.  ;D

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 08:44:53 PM »
Not sure if it's *still* there, but there certainly used to be a Bank of Ireland branch in town... St Vincent Street, I think.  Pretty sure there was an Allied Irish Bank as well...

Apparently Allied is for business customers only. Will phone the BofI on Monday to see if they will do business with a non-customer. Would certainly solve my problem.  RBS says they have international bank drafts, but unless it would clear in Ireland I am thinking it won't work.

Edit:  apparently no BofI outside of Ireland these days.... Yeah, sorry, I'd forgotten that I'd already tried to find Irish banks in the UK with no luck.  ::)

Edit to Edit:  Was looking at Ulster bank and it says one can go into a branch, or RBS branch, so apparently  they are connected. Will just go into RBS next week and try to talk to someone other than the person at the front desk. (I thought dealing with the UK govmt was fiddly, but the Irish govmt makes that seem easy!)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 09:29:05 PM by Nan D. »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab