Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: One digit wrong on my passport online submitted application HELP!!!!!!  (Read 686 times)

• Liked: 7
Hi everyone,

This morning, i submitted my online application and just now i am reviewing everything and realized a digit is wrong on my passport number. I have already submitted my online application and have my biometrics appt on thursday of this week

Any advice? Im freakingggg out  :-\\\\ :-\\\\

• Liked: 1327
Hi everyone,

This morning, i submitted my online application and just now i am reviewing everything and realized a digit is wrong on my passport number. I have already submitted my online application and have my biometrics appt on thursday of this week

On the print-out of your details of your application, you can correct the number by writing the correct number in, before you send in your application package.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Thank you Ms. Kim, If i write on the form, is there a possibility they might turn me away because i wrote over wrong digit? I have my husband on pins and needless across the pond :-[

• Liked: 1327
Thank you Ms. Kim, If i write on the form, is there a possibility they might turn me away because i wrote over wrong digit? I have my husband on pins and needless across the pond :-[

It's my understanding that people have been correcting errors by hand for years.  Make sure the correction is legible.  Here's another thread where someone made a mistake (related to their passport information too, by coincidence) and they were advised to just write in the correction:

http://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=79861.msg1075697#msg1075697
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 3595
Shouldn’t be an issue. Just correct it in pen and make a note in a cover letter that the number is wrong and you have corrected it.

You could also see if it can be corrected in the system at the biometrics appointment - I know with mistakes in the applicant’s name, they’re able to change it in their system, but not sure about with mistakes in the passport number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
It'll be fine.   :)

Where in orlando are you living?

I'm a UCF grad and lived in MetroWest and Winter Park during my many years in Orlando.

• Liked: 49
Hi everyone,

I realized that my birth date was wrong on my on line app and I freaked too! Yet when I went to biometrics I pointed it out and the person doing them corrected it by hand and initialized it. Everything went fine. Hope it will be the same for you. Good luck.x

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It'll be fine.   :)

Where in orlando are you living?

I'm a UCF grad and lived in MetroWest and Winter Park during my many years in Orlando.

Hi I currently live in celebration :)

i used to have a small behind millenia mall! where are you living now?

THANK YOU GUYS!!!! I HIRED SOMEONE JUST SO THEY COULD TELL ME EXCACTLY WHAT YOU FOLKS TOLD ME!!!

I will keep you all posted, how it all goes tomorrow! wish me luck

xx
B.

• Liked: 4985

Hi I currently live in celebration :)

i used to have a small behind millenia mall! where are you living now?

I live in Wokingham, Berkshire.  About 40 miles west of London.  Many of my favorite people in the world live in Orlando (some fantastic friends for life there).  :)

Re: One digit wrong on my passport online submitted application HELP!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 08:36:41 PM »
Hi Everyone! (update as promised)

Went for my biometric appointment and it went quite fast! i was asked some simple questions, they took my picture and scanned my fingers and i was on my way!

One thing i must say is- they did not accept my online form that i had handwritten the accurate passport number next to. Thank god my clever husband said to me last night " babe, bring a fresh copy just in case... Sure enough they used the copy with no writing on it and let me know they will change it in the system.

Im so confused because now im sending everything to Sheffield and i dont want them to reject me based on that! im thinking of writing a cover letter to let them know my mistakes,

Advice? thanks!

B

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 08:41:09 PM »
I live in Wokingham, Berkshire.  About 40 miles west of London.  Many of my favorite people in the world live in Orlando (some fantastic friends for life there).  :)

Very cool! Orlando is quite unique, its truly an awesome place to live, you have everything at your fingertips 24/7!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 08:46:05 PM »
Went for my biometric appointment and it went quite fast! i was asked some simple questions, they took my picture and scanned my fingers and i was on my way!

Yep - it only takes 5-10 minutes :).

One thing i must say is- they did not accept my online form that i had handwritten the accurate passport number next to. Thank god my clever husband said to me last night " babe, bring a fresh copy just in case... Sure enough they used the copy with no writing on it and let me know they will change it in the system.

You don't even need to take your application form to the biometrics appointment, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't accept it, since it has nothing to do with them anyway. You only actually need to take your passport and your appointment confirmation sheet to the biometrics.

Biometrics are taken by US immigration on behalf of UKVI. They have nothing to do with the visa application and they don't even care what visa you are applying for. They are simply there to provide a service for you (fingerprints and photos).

Im so confused because now im sending everything to Sheffield and i dont want them to reject me based on that! im thinking of writing a cover letter to let them know my mistakes,

It's seriously not an issue and they won't refuse you because of it (they have to have actual grounds to refuse an application, and a passport number having one wrong digit is not grounds for refusal).

Most people include a cover letter anyway, to list the documents and state the intended travel date, so you could just add a sentence into a cover letter.

For example:

To The Entry Clearance Officer,

Please find enclosed my application and supporting documents for a settlement visa to join my husband in the UK. I would like my visa to start on X date, as per the Intended Travel Date listed on my application form.

After I submitted the online application, I realised that one digit on my passport number was incorrect. Therefore I have corrected it in pen on the application form.

The following documents are included in this package:
(list of documents)

Yours Faithfully,
Your Name

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab