Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need Help with Fiance Visa Process (US Male, UK Female Citizen)  (Read 9723 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Need Help with Fiance Visa Process (US Male, UK Female Citizen)
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2018, 11:13:40 PM »
Also what is the exact address for Sheffield?  The paper I was given when I got my biometrics done has the postal code as "S3 8NH"  but google says "S3 8NU"

Yeah, I think the UKVI buildings cover a couple of different postcodes within the same road.

The right one is the one on your biometrics paper.... which is also given here as well:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa#post-your-application

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2018, 11:17:00 PM »
Yeah, I think the UKVI buildings cover a couple of different postcodes within the same road.

The right one is the one on your biometrics paper.... which is also given here as well:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa#post-your-application

Thank you!  I was having a hard time navigating to find that page on UKVI's website.  Thank you guys.  I know it's late for you guys.

« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2018, 11:21:37 PM »
Thank you!  I was having a hard time navigating to find that page on UKVI's website.  Thank you guys.  I know it's late for you guys.

No problem - I always have to Google the page because I can never find it on the UKVI website.

I’m working a night shift tonight, so it’s actually early for me... 8 hours to go!

« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2018, 11:36:05 PM »
No problem - I always have to Google the page because I can never find it on the UKVI website.

I’m working a night shift tonight, so it’s actually early for me... 8 hours to go!

Oh goodness, I have definitely been in luck tonight then with you pulling a night shift.  Praying the night goes quickly for you

« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2018, 04:35:42 PM »
So we got everything together and my wife posted everything from within the UK on 16th April 2018 using the Royal Mail Special Delivery, and it was received in Sheffield the next day.

Just wondering, how will I find out the decision on the visa?  Will it be through email, letter, or will I find out when they mail everything back to me?

Also I was kind of worried since I read a post after we sent everything off to Sheffield because I got a speeding ticket two or three years ago but went to speeder school and paid everything off, so it was not supposed to be on my record.  I didn't realize we were supposed to provide traffic records or anything like that, I didn't even mention it.  I tried to google my name and the ticket (with location) to see if anything came up and I couldn't find anything.  Am I going to get denied for not mentioning the speeding ticket?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2018, 05:08:54 PM »
So we got everything together and my wife posted everything from within the UK on 16th April 2018 using the Royal Mail Special Delivery, and it was received in Sheffield the next day.

Just wondering, how will I find out the decision on the visa?  Will it be through email, letter, or will I find out when they mail everything back to me?

Also I was kind of worried since I read a post after we sent everything off to Sheffield because I got a speeding ticket two or three years ago but went to speeder school and paid everything off, so it was not supposed to be on my record.  I didn't realize we were supposed to provide traffic records or anything like that, I didn't even mention it.  I tried to google my name and the ticket (with location) to see if anything came up and I couldn't find anything.  Am I going to get denied for not mentioning the speeding ticket?

It is not a requirement to mention speeding tickets.

First, you’ll receive an email saying “your application has been prepared for processing”

Then you’ll get a “decision made” email.  After which you will have an anxious couple of days while the package works it’s way back to you.  You’ll know the decision when you open the package.  Nice, eh?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2018, 05:35:09 PM »

You're fine!  Speeding and other fixed penalty driving tickets don't have to be declared at this stage.
Keep all the information you have on it though because you will have to declare it during your citizenship application.

« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2018, 06:57:05 PM »
You're fine!  Speeding and other fixed penalty driving tickets don't have to be declared at this stage.
Keep all the information you have on it though because you will have to declare it during your citizenship application.

So I found something else to stress about in regards to my application.  I included screenshots of my text and call log from WhatsApp with my wife covering the entire period of us dating, and getting married (up to the application date pretty much).  However I left out screenshots of times where we were in person together.  I was reading somewhere else that you must provide evidence of communication when you are apart, but I don't want them to assume I just left out a few weeks here, and a month or two there.  In my wife's sponsor letter, she explicitly goes through the dates we were together in person and the time we were apart.  The ECO should read this and understand my screenshot selection right?  Or am I screwed because I didn't include those specific ones from when we were together in person?  My wife and I started dating at the end of August 2016, got engaged early July 2017, and got married early April 2018.  I think I provided 70 screenshots.

I'm just stressed waiting on this thing.

« Reply #203 on: April 29, 2018, 07:01:14 PM »
So I found something else to stress about in regards to my application.  I included screenshots of my text and call log from WhatsApp with my wife covering the entire period of us dating, and getting married (up to the application date pretty much).  However I left out screenshots of times where we were in person together.  I was reading somewhere else that you must provide evidence of communication when you are apart, but I don't want them to assume I just left out a few weeks here, and a month or two there.  In my wife's sponsor letter, she explicitly goes through the dates we were together in person and the time we were apart.  The ECO should read this and understand my screenshot selection right?  Or am I screwed because I didn't include those specific ones from when we were together in person?  My wife and I started dating at the end of August 2016, got engaged early July 2017, and got married early April 2018.  I think I provided 70 screenshots.

I'm just stressed waiting on this thing.

You are fine.  Try to put the application to the back of your mind.  Impossible, I know.  But try!   ;)

« Reply #204 on: April 29, 2018, 07:02:25 PM »
You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

The whole point of including screenshots is to show you kept in contact while you were APART, because you're showing that your relationship continued when you were not together in person

You aren't supposed to include any screenshots from the times you were visiting each other, because why would you need to communicate by WhatsApp when you can just talk to each other in person and be in the same room as each other?

So, you provide evidence of the dates of your visits to show time spent together in person, and then you fill in the gaps when you were apart with the screenshots.

« Reply #205 on: May 10, 2018, 09:02:56 PM »
I know I'm not supposed to be anxious over the visa since we submitted it in Mid April, but I am a little stressed to get a better idea of when I can expect my visa decision and all of my documents back.  Before I came to you guys I was given false information regarding the length of the process among other things, so I already booked a flight.

My flight has two layovers and one of them got moved so far ahead I missed the other layover by like 5 hours so I am able to change my flight for free one time before it comes up.  I am trying to find out when I will likely get my visa and documents (passport) back so I can move the flight.  My flight is coming up on the 21st (of this month).  My wife posted my application and supporting documents on the 16th or 17th of April 2018, and we got confirmation it was delivered to Sheffield the next day.  We got an email from VISAINFO.SHEFO (I guess UKVI) saying my online application was received at the Decision Making Centre, and that my application was being prepared for consideration by an ECO on 23rd April 2018.  How much longer should I expect before I get the next email saying a decision has been made?  How much longer should I expect before I get my visa and passport back?

« Reply #206 on: May 10, 2018, 09:47:10 PM »
I know I'm not supposed to be anxious over the visa since we submitted it in Mid April, but I am a little stressed to get a better idea of when I can expect my visa decision and all of my documents back.  Before I came to you guys I was given false information regarding the length of the process among other things, so I already booked a flight.

My flight has two layovers and one of them got moved so far ahead I missed the other layover by like 5 hours so I am able to change my flight for free one time before it comes up.  I am trying to find out when I will likely get my visa and documents (passport) back so I can move the flight.  My flight is coming up on the 21st (of this month).  My wife posted my application and supporting documents on the 16th or 17th of April 2018, and we got confirmation it was delivered to Sheffield the next day.  We got an email from VISAINFO.SHEFO (I guess UKVI) saying my online application was received at the Decision Making Centre, and that my application was being prepared for consideration by an ECO on 23rd April 2018.  How much longer should I expect before I get the next email saying a decision has been made?  How much longer should I expect before I get my visa and passport back?

It could be anytime from 3-6 weeks for processing, if all goes smoothly.  And then you need to check for errors - and most importantly the travel window they issue.  No one can answer this I’m afraid...   :-\\\\

« Reply #207 on: May 10, 2018, 10:00:46 PM »
It could be anytime from 3-6 weeks for processing, if all goes smoothly.  And then you need to check for errors - and most importantly the travel window they issue.  No one can answer this I’m afraid...   :-\\\\

Do you mean 3 to 6 weeks from now?  Or from the time I got that email?  And are we talking calendar weeks, or how they calculate with business days?

« Reply #208 on: May 10, 2018, 10:14:43 PM »
Do you mean 3 to 6 weeks from now?  Or from the time I got that email?  And are we talking calendar weeks, or how they calculate with business days?

From the email.

« Reply #209 on: May 10, 2018, 10:21:37 PM »
From the email.

And that is factoring in that we did priority processing correct?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab