Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: British Passport for Baby  (Read 213 times)

• Liked: 0
British Passport for Baby
« on: March 14, 2018, 03:56:01 PM »
Hi all,

I would like to apply for my child's British passport.  He was born in the UK on Aug 22nd, 2016.

My husband is Belgian, and first came to the UK in October 2010.  Thus, by the time my son was born, my husband had already acquired permanent residency.  My husband applied and formally received his PR card in September 2016.

I am unsure as to what I need to provide alongside my son's passport application in terms of documentation.  Will it be sufficient to send in my husband's PR card, or do I also have to provide proof that he has lived here for 5 years continuously, by way of P60s, etc? 

Any advice would be great!

Thank you.

• Liked: 6110
Re: British Passport for Baby
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 04:06:56 PM »
Hi all,

I would like to apply for my child's British passport.  He was born in the UK on Aug 22nd, 2016.

My husband is Belgian, and first came to the UK in October 2010.  Thus, by the time my son was born, my husband had already acquired permanent residency.  My husband applied and formally received his PR card in September 2016.

I am unsure as to what I need to provide alongside my son's passport application in terms of documentation.  Will it be sufficient to send in my husband's PR card, or do I also have to provide proof that he has lived here for 5 years continuously, by way of P60s, etc? 

Any advice would be great!

Thank you.

If the baby was born before your husband was granted PR, then it looks like you will have to follow this process first.

.Your parent has become a British citizen or settled since your birth
You can register to become a British citizen if you fulfil all of the criteria:

you were born in the UK on or after 1 January 1983
you’re under 18 when you apply
one of your parents has become a British citizen or settled in the UK since you were born

https://www.gov.uk/register-british-citizen/born-in-uk-after-1983

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab