Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Which OISC Level for Immigration Advisor?  (Read 203 times)

• Liked: 2
Which OISC Level for Immigration Advisor?
« on: March 14, 2018, 06:12:25 PM »
Hi,

I understand there are 3 different OISC levels for OISC immigration advisor.  My partner's case is pretty much straight forward by wanting to relocate to the UK from the USA through the ‘Family of a settled person’ visa.  We have a general understanding of what's required but would like an extra level of safety, someone to oversee the application process, check documents and answer any queries.

So my question is - which OISC level should we be looking for in an immigration advisor?

I've read the following page but it's still not clear what level we should need:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/competence-oisc-guidance-2012/guidance-on-competence-2017-summary-of-levels [nofollow]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 06:20:56 PM by CARRisma »

• Liked: 3595
Re: Which OISC Level for Immigration Advisor?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 06:23:03 PM »
I wouldn't bother with an OISC immigration advisor at all.

If his application is straightforward, it is completely unnecessary to even contact an advisor, let alone pay to use one

I would only recommend an OISC advisor in the case that:
- he has serious criminal convictions
- he has a history of previous refused entries/visas for the UK
- he has worked illegally in the UK
- he has been an illegal overstayer in the UK

We can help you prepare the application and answer any and all questions you have for free here on the forum :).

We have several years of experience with successful applications on the forum and personally, in the last 11 years, I have helped probably over 1,000 people to get an approved 'family of a settled person' visa.

Sponsored Links