Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Financial requirement, personal savings.  (Read 517 times)

• Liked: 0
Financial requirement, personal savings.
« on: March 14, 2018, 09:25:32 PM »
I am working on my spousal visa application and am applying based on my savings.  Do I need to declare the source of my savings?  If so, how?

Thanks.

• Liked: 3596
Re: Financial requirement, personal savings.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 10:25:51 PM »
Yes, you do. There's a question on the Appendix 2 application form that asks for the source of the savings (question 3.75)... you write it in there.

What is your savings source?

If the money has just come from building up savings over the years, then you don't need to provide anything else.

But, if the money has come from a different source in a lump sum, then you should provide evidence of that.

For example:
- if it was a gift, you provide a letter from the person who came from, stating that is is a gift and will not be repaid
- if it comes from an inheritance, then you can provide evidence of the inheritance
- if it comes from the sale of property, then you can provide evidence of the sale
etc.

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 11:39:08 PM »
Thanks ksand24!  Some of it was a gift so I can get a letter proving this.

I went to the bank today to get my statements and the final statement for the 6-month period hasn't been issued yet, even though it has been in my account for 6 months.  The lady helping me at the bank printed the statements I do have, stamped and initialed them.  She wrote a letter including my account number and the current balance and date and she also printed a screenshot of my current balance as well as a transaction history which she wrote my name and account number on, stamped and signed as well.  Is this all sufficient or should I just wait until the final statement is issued, and have that printed and stamped?

Thanks!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 08:38:56 AM »
Thanks ksand24!  Some of it was a gift so I can get a letter proving this.

I went to the bank today to get my statements and the final statement for the 6-month period hasn't been issued yet, even though it has been in my account for 6 months.  The lady helping me at the bank printed the statements I do have, stamped and initialed them.  She wrote a letter including my account number and the current balance and date and she also printed a screenshot of my current balance as well as a transaction history which she wrote my name and account number on, stamped and signed as well.  Is this all sufficient or should I just wait until the final statement is issued, and have that printed and stamped?

Thanks!

So long as the balance has not dropped below £62,500 and you show that the balance was there since at least September 15, 2017, what you have is perfect.  :)

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 11:34:18 PM »
Yay!  This is exciting.  :)

Do I need to declare the amount of the financial gift as well?

Also, I see a question about the total amount my husband and I have in savings.  We have a couple other accounts that are not large apart from the one we are using for the financial requirement.  Do I need to provide statements for those or include them at all aside from this question?  They aren't contributing to the financial requirement of £62,500.

• Liked: 3596
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 11:40:07 PM »
Yay!  This is exciting.  :)

Do I need to declare the amount of the financial gift as well?

Yes, I would think so... the letter from the gift-giver should state the amount gifted too.

Also, I see a question about the total amount my husband and I have in savings.  We have a couple other accounts that are not large apart from the one we are using for the financial requirement.  Do I need to provide statements for those or include them at all aside from this question?  They aren't contributing to the financial requirement of £62,500.

You should only write in the amount of savings you are using for the application, and therefore you only need to provide the statements showing that amount.

So, for the sake of the application, you ignore the other savings you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links