Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Feeling I will have to go to the GP before visa is granted,  (Read 2397 times)

• Liked: 49
I was hoping I could get through the length of time before my marriage visa hopefully will be granted ( sending it this weekend) yet I feel I am going to have to see a Dr before. I have registered with the local GP and the NHS but am still on a Fiancee visa. My visa will most likely lapse while Durham but it will be postmarked well ahead of that time ( Visa is up 9th April, posting 17th March for application).

My question is this- What exactly must I do not to mess up my pending status. If I am correct I would ask to pay the bill right then and there at the Dr then pay the pharmacy outright as well ( would be paying by visa card) I would keep receipts of both of course. Would I need to alert anyone or would this be enough? I do not want to have to go but I feel I could become ill ( starting too actually) if I continue to spread my medicines too thin. Thanks in advance!x

• Liked: 4985
Re: Feeling I will have to go to the GP before visa is granted,
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 04:39:12 PM »
I was hoping I could get through the length of time before my marriage visa hopefully will be granted ( sending it this weekend) yet I feel I am going to have to see a Dr before. I have registered with the local GP and the NHS but am still on a Fiancee visa. My visa will most likely lapse while Durham but it will be postmarked well ahead of that time ( Visa is up 9th April, posting 17th March for application).

My question is this- What exactly must I do not to mess up my pending status. If I am correct I would ask to pay the bill right then and there at the Dr then pay the pharmacy outright as well ( would be paying by visa card) I would keep receipts of both of course. Would I need to alert anyone or would this be enough? I do not want to have to go but I feel I could become ill ( starting too actually) if I continue to spread my medicines too thin. Thanks in advance!x

Please do not be afraid to seek medical treatment if you need it!

If it's nothing too complicated and you know what you "need", there is an online service called Push Doctor that may be worth exploring.  Things like a sinus infection and you know you need antibiotics, that kind of thing they can help with.

If you need to see the GP in person, not a big deal.  Do insist that they issue an invoice for the visit and then receipt for payment.  Chances are a GP visit will cost around £30 out of pocket, so nothing scary!  The hard part will be convincing the GP you should pay....  ::)

• Liked: 342
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 10:01:51 PM »
Would I need to alert anyone or would this be enough? I do not want to have to go but I feel I could become ill ( starting too actually) if I continue to spread my medicines too thin.

Can you get some more sent from the US?

Don't be worried about seeking medical help. Medication will be no where near as expensive as it is in the US. It's best to attach your NHS receipt to your visa application, to show you have paid.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 04:26:07 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 342
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 10:12:39 PM »
  Chances are a GP visit will cost around £30 out of pocket, so nothing scary!

In England

Free Services

GP and nurse consultations in primary care, treatment provided by a GP and other primary care services are free of charge to all, whether registering as an NHS patient, or as a temporary patient, which is when the patient is in the area for more than 24 hours and less than 3 months.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/nhs-entitlements-migrant-health-guide

and this,
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/666031/UPDATED_Guidance_to_Charging_Regulations_post_23_October.pdf

"ordinarily resident in Great Britain" means those with a valid ILR or British citizenship.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:26:05 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 674
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 03:57:16 AM »
Can you get some more sent from the US?

Don't be worried about seeking medical help. Medication will be no where near as expensive as it is in the US.

It's best to attatch your receipt to your visa application, to show you have paid.

If you try to have medication shipped, be careful. Most US pharmacies will not do it, and when I needed to send some to the Daughter while she was here as a student abroad I was told it was not legal to send most medications through the USPS. Don't remember if that is a blanket prohibition about importing medication or just a USPS rule, though. (I think it's the former.)

Sponsored Links