Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Do I have to send a return label?  (Read 320 times)

• Liked: 1
Do I have to send a return label?
« on: March 16, 2018, 08:37:27 PM »
Hello everyone.

Getting ready to send in an application for my wife (I'm English) and I know this seems like a silly question but do I have to send a return label? When looking at our current set of documents (there will be another post shortly to verify that list!) there is nothing on it that we need sent back other than (obviously) her passport. I am just confused as to whether the documents that I would be paying to return include that passport or whether that gets sent back anyway and is covered as part of the visa fee?

Thanks so much,

Steve

• Liked: 3595
Re: Do I have to send a return label?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 08:50:05 PM »
Yes, you MUST include a return label. If you don’t you will never receive the passport or documents back... and UKVI will keep contacting you until you send one.

Assuming your wife is in the US, the passport and documents can ONLY be returned to a US address. You can purchase a pre-paid UPS return label from VFS Global for $155.

See here for more info about applying from the US and what needs to be included regarding shipping labels:
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa#post-your-application

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 10:19:35 PM »
Thanks ksand24. I really appreciate the quick reply.

That was definitely the impression that I got from some of the forms but others seemed to talk about "if you want your documents returned" and appeared to draw a distinction between the passport and the documents. So since we didn't need anything back I thought I may be able to save a little money, since we are hemorrhaging cash right now ;)

With this question answered I will move on to the document checklist.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 10:25:13 PM »
That was definitely the impression that I got from some of the forms but others seemed to talk about "if you want your documents returned" and appeared to draw a distinction between the passport and the documents. So since we didn't need anything back I thought I may be able to save a little money, since we are hemorrhaging cash right now ;)

Be careful with reading experiences on other forums, where you have people applying from various different countries, because each country has different ways of applying.

In many countries, the applicant submits their passport and application forms in person at their biometrics appointment and then their sponsor mails their supporting documents directly to Sheffield from the UK. Then the sponsor receives their documents back in the UK post while the applicant has to go and pick up their passport in person.

HOWEVER, in the US, biometrics are done by US immigration on behalf of UKVI and then the passport and documents must all be mailed to Sheffield together in one package, usually from the US. Then when the visa has been decided, the passport and documents will be mailed back to the applicant in the US, in the same package, using the supplied return shipping label.

So, when people talk about them being sent separately, they are likely correct for the application procedures in their country, but that is not how it works for US applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab