Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR M shared financial responsibilities question.  (Read 4907 times)

• Liked: 2
FLR M shared financial responsibilities question.
« on: March 17, 2018, 07:26:56 PM »
Hi everyone,

I've got a question about one of the FLR M application sections, and was hoping if someone can shed some light on it please. The section is the following:
6.33 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?

I'm not sure whether we should answer yes or no. Following is our situation:
My wife (the applicant) and I (the sponsor) have water bill, council tax, nursery bill (issued by council) in both our names. However I mainly pay for those.

We do both contribute to expenses like groceries, restaurants, child care, etc.

Basically my wife is currently unemployed but has some cash saved in her bank that we use occassionally. For example we're paying the application fee from her savings (which I contribute to monthly).

Does that mean we answer yes to the question and in the details say something like "Both contribute to living expenses, such as groceries, food, child care"? Or just simply answer no?

Thanks

• Liked: 3595
Re: FLR M shared financial responsibilities question.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 07:31:25 PM »
It doesn't really matter how you answer the question as it has no bearing on the visa decision.

I think it probably means joint responsibilities like mortgages, loans etc. that you both are legally responsible for paying back. but a lot of people put down rent, bills etc.

So, just answer it how you feel most comfortable. If your wife is not currently earning, and you're paying most of the bills, then you might want to just answer No. It's up to you though.

• Liked: 2
Re: FLR M shared financial responsibilities question.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 07:33:56 PM »
It doesn't really matter how you answer the question as it has no bearing on the visa decision.

I think it probably means joint responsibilities like mortgages, loans etc. that you both are legally responsible for paying back. but a lot of people put down rent, bills etc.

So, just answer it how you feel most comfortable. If your wife is not currently earning, and you're paying most of the bills, then you might want to just answer No. It's up to you though.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I'll think I'll just go with answering No to the question in that case.

Thanks again  :)

Sponsored Links