Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Specified Company type mentioned in Paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE  (Read 750 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi

I am a UK citizen. My wife is American. We met over a year ago and traveled back and forth to see each other. We have been married for about 3 months and are now trying to get her over into the UK to settle.

We applied for a spousal visa. Decision took about 6 weeks (30 working days). We were very disappointed to see it was refused because of insufficient evidence on the financial requirement (bank statements).

We obviously want to get it right the next time.

One thing I want to make sure I am understanding correctly is regarding the Specified Company type mentioned in Paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE.

If a person works for a small (two shareholders) limited company in the UK as a full time employee, but is not a director or shareholder of the company and is not related to a director or a shareholder, my understanding is that income from this type of company can be used in Category A or B proof of financial requirement.

Is that correct?

Also, is it essential to bring proof that the company is not a company of this type? And if so, must it be an annual statement from Companies House or can it be some other type of evidence? And must a printed annual statement from Companies House be a certified copy or can it just be a regular printout?

Many thanks for your help.

• Liked: 46
Re: Specified Company type mentioned in Paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 06:40:29 PM »
Hi

I am a UK citizen. My wife is American. We met over a year ago and traveled back and forth to see each other. We have been married for about 3 months and are now trying to get her over into the UK to settle.

We applied for a spousal visa. Decision took about 6 weeks (30 working days). We were very disappointed to see it was refused because of insufficient evidence on the financial requirement (bank statements).

We obviously want to get it right the next time.

One thing I want to make sure I am understanding correctly is regarding the Specified Company type mentioned in Paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE.

If a person works for a small (two shareholders) limited company in the UK as a full time employee, but is not a director or shareholder of the company and is not related to a director or a shareholder, my understanding is that income from this type of company can be used in Category A or B proof of financial requirement.

Is that correct?

Also, is it essential to bring proof that the company is not a company of this type? And if so, must it be an annual statement from Companies House or can it be some other type of evidence? And must a printed annual statement from Companies House be a certified copy or can it just be a regular printout?

Many thanks for your help.

I don’t know how correct it is, but my husband works for a limited company. Just to prove that he doesn’t have any ownership we provided Annual return, printed out from Company’s House to show that he doesn’t have any ownership. It is all available online on gov.uk web site.
Application#1(Fiance)
Bio-metrics Appointment and scan: 16th Nov
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 17th Nov
Decision Made E-Mail: 19th January 2018
43 business days, Rejection
Application #2 Spouse (from France)
Bio-metrics Appointment and docs scan 08 March 2018
Documents Received in Sheffield email: 05 April 2018
Decision made email from Visa center: 25 April 2018
32 business days

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab