Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR - Periods of Absence question  (Read 307 times)

• Liked: 0
ILR - Periods of Absence question
« on: March 18, 2018, 06:36:41 PM »
Hi everyone,

Haven't been on UKyankee in a while. I am stumped by 2 things on my ILR so was hoping someone could assist me. I am on the 5 year route and everything is straight forward for my application. I am just not sure what they are specifically asking for 2 things...

On page 42 is says "Please provide details of all periods of absence from the UK during that time (IE how long you have been in the UK). And then it gives you  4 spaces.

Does this mean every single trip, even a weekend away, in the past 5+ years? Or is there another definition which I am missing?

Also,

On the last page check list there is a listed item of "Evidence of continuous residence in the UK". I already have my pay checks, banks statements and correspondences sent to me and my partner so what more is this one asking or is this meant for the 2 year route people?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

Cheers,

Steph

• Liked: 3595
Re: ILR - Periods of Absence question
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 06:50:15 PM »
Welcome back :).
On page 42 is says "Please provide details of all periods of absence from the UK during that time (IE how long you have been in the UK). And then it gives you  4 spaces.

Does this mean every single trip, even a weekend away, in the past 5+ years? Or is there another definition which I am missing?

It looks like it means every single trip.

On the FLR(M) form, it only asks for absences of more than 6 months, but it doesn't say that on the SET(M) form, so that implies they want every trip

On the last page check list there is a listed item of "Evidence of continuous residence in the UK". I already have my pay checks, banks statements and correspondences sent to me and my partner so what more is this one asking or is this meant for the 2 year route people?

Not everything on the list will apply to you, though I wonder if it's in there by mistake, since that's the only mention of it in the entire form. For other types of ILR applications, evidence of continuous residence is a requirement, so it may have been put on this form incorrectly.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 07:22:15 PM »
I listed every trip...  it's a pain but once and then you are DONE.  FOREVER!

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 07:26:17 PM »
Welcome back :).
It looks like it means every single trip.

On the FLR(M) form, it only asks for absences of more than 6 months, but it doesn't say that on the SET(M) form, so that implies they want every trip

Not everything on the list will apply to you, though I wonder if it's in there by mistake, since that's the only mention of it in the entire form. For other types of ILR applications, evidence of continuous residence is a requirement, so it may have been put on this form incorrectly.

It's just weird that it only gives you 4 spots to cover 5 years. And there is no guidance to use a separate sheet like there are in other sections. I'll write the most recent 4 on the form and then type out and print off all the other dates - just in case but it is weird since the rest of the form is detailed. Of course if someone can find guidance that says otherwise for the SET(m), please let me know. 

I've just dug out stuff from the past 7 years I have lived here, just in case for the continuous living here item on the check list.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!!!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 08:56:22 PM by Loosey »

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 07:35:04 PM »
It's just weird that it only gives you 4 spots to cover 5 years. And there is no guidance to use a separate sheet like there are in other sections. I'll write the most recent 4 on the form and then type of and print out all the other dates - just in case but it the rest of the form is detailed. Of course if someone can find guidance that says otherwise for the SET(m), please let me know. 

You should include anything that won't fit on a separate page. I alway figured that was a given and didn't even know that it told you to do that on other parts of the form.

I've just dug out stuff from the past 7 years I have lived here, just in case for the continuous living here item on the check list.

You don't need it. I don't believe it applies to SET(M), since there's no continuous residence requirement (you could even have been living in a different country for part of the 5 years and you'd still qualify as long as you lived WITH your partner). If you were applying for SET(O) based on a work visa, you would have to prove continuous residence and no more than 180 days outside the UK per year, but that doesn't apply to SET(M).

We've had a few people apply for ILR under the 5-year route in the last few months and none of them have needed anything else to prove residence except the last 2 years of correspondence.

Sponsored Links